DAYS: Thursday, June 21

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel the same way. Sometimes I just want to go over there and just type up a long 5 page post addressing all the stupid things that have been said. Honestly, the majority of the fans there sound like 5 year olds who got their toys taken away and got them back but they are still holding grudges and kind of given off the sentiment that it's not the same to them anymore. Those are the fans that tick me off. They are couple and characters fans. Nothing more. They don't care about the show. Just the couple or character. They don't even give a damn about balance as long as their fave or faves are on.

Anyway, today was superb. Fantastic writing and THIS is good drama. If Days puts out episodes like this daily, they will be the current gold standard in daytime drama.

I won't mention everything but I loved the way this episode focused exclusively on the Dimera's vs. the Brady's. This is the big summer story and it was appropriate to focus on it as it is the first day of summer.

Loved the mention of Renee followed by the slap. Loved the one liners, especially from Tony and Celeste. Bart and Rolf were used perfectly in the background with not much to do. Joe Mascolo signed as the patriarch. Loved the hug with EJ and Tony and I like how all the make Dimera's seem so different now. They are addressing the differences in Stefano and Tony but also adding layers to them, much like they are EJ. I would've liked Lexie but oh well. I love them using Celeste and her presence was great. Her first scene with Stefano as they checked each other out was perfect. Their talk about Lexie...so much history. Loved it and Stefano filling the blanks about Santo and Colleen was helpful...

as it was with the Brady scenes. Marlena showing the photo to Sami, Sami questioning Shawn SR...we are slowly getting pieces of the puzzle and that is good writing. Yes, this is re-written history but it's entertaining and well thought out with us slowly getting a little bit more info as we go along.

LeAnn looked AMAZING!! She had that special look to her and was very in character. Her flirting with the Brady men and her asking for money (loved everyone's reactions by the way although they should know what Anna was like) was so in character. Loved all her mentions of Tony and I am glad she acknowledged how he changed and how she got the letters and so on. I was also happy they explained how Sami knew who Anna was. Marlena's reaction was spot on too. Good having all the vets there, including Caroline. Loved Bo, Hope, and John and I was shocked that JT and LH had good chemistry. They played off each other well and I have a feeling we may have a triangle brewing between her, Roman, and Tony.

I know LeAnn mentioned she wasn't contract but, just out of curiosity, where was LeAnn in the credits today?

• Members

About the re-written history thing...I don't really see the big deal...I've only watched for 20 years (hahaha) so i didn't see the beginnings with Roman and Stefano..But they started alluding to the feud back during B&C's reign, when everyone attending Stefano's funeral and got gifts...I remember fans being really excited for the story...And many were pissed when it all got dropped...I'm so thankful that this story is finally getting told..Its one of those stories thats just too big a story not to be told...and its just wonderful having Stefano, Tony, Lexie, Anna, Doug and Julie all back to be involved in it as well...And a plus getting to see John, Marlena, Bo, and Hope on a regular basis....

• Members

That really was surprisingly excellent. This show is so hit and miss between great stuff like that with possibilities and the really goofy [!@#$%^&*] like the secret tunnel and Lexie-as-Nell, and the black hole of the prefab youth scene that has sucked in Chelsea and Nick and eaten away good potential characters like Jeremy Horton, who has become a Nazi ubermensch.

Leeann Hunley was awesome. Never seen her as Anna before but I loved her immediately. She is having so much fun. And I loved loved loved Tony repeatedly talking about how he used to be a heroic character with a life of his own (for most of the 80s) until he became a DiMera stooge. I appreciated them remembering he was once in EJ's position, and I am sure Thaao did too.

• Members

They started with this feud earlier, before Brash and Cwikly. They started hinting during 1999 that Stefano wanted revenge on the Bradys, and that was one of the reasons to why he transformed Hope back into Princess Gina. Then Langan made the feud a hot topic during 2000 when Victor Kiriakis declared war against Stefano for causing Hopes "death" on New Years Eve, and Bo spent the whole fall that year travelling to Ireland investigating the DiMera factory. They mentioned Ireland several times during 2001 and 2002, but then the whole storyline was dropped until now.

• Members

We haven't seen Benjy since either January or February. Benjy wasn't really evil he was kind of being forced to do those things. He always seemed to regret whatever it was he had to do. Celeste pointed out that Benjy is scared of Stefano.

• Members

Okay about todays episode. EXCELLENT! I loved the Dimieras. They didn't let me down one bit.

The only problem was that Lexie and Benji weren't there. I loved that Celester was there.

THE SLAP!? OMG I didn't see that coming and I FLOVED it. It was pure soap at its best. Thats the type of drama I enjoy.

The Bradys were boring. Anna was boring to me too. I dunno she came off as clueless or something. Just really fake. Worst than the teens to be honest. I don't know if this is a new actress playing Anna or if I'm missing something but the character is not that interesting to me.

• Members

Anna - boring? Clueless? Fake? WORSE THAN THE TEENS?!

Wow.

And yes, Leann is the one and only Anna DiMera.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

P.S. (No offense intended ATWTCar. Just surprised is all. B) )

• Members

Oh, I don't see it as a problem either and I saw the beginnings of Roman and Stefano.

I think they have handled this story well. It makes me laugh how so many people who are against this story now and bring up the re-written history thing and so on loved when B&C and others were beginning to lay the groundwork for a story like this. Sounds like they just don't like Hogan no matter what he does :lol:

Archived