DAYS: Thursday, June 21

• Members

As for rewritten history, I have watched this show for 30 plus years and it doesn't bother me in the slightest that they are changing history. It's happened many times in many stories, and this is being done so well that I'm not going to complain about little stuff like that. This is great drama and that's what is important.

Today's episode was just perfect, and I loved every minute of it. My husband was home, and he actually sat and watched. My daughter and her friend came in, and they sat and watched. I think even the cat woke up and paid attention. The Brady scenes were very good, but the Dimeras were outstanding! Lots of layers and personalities and wonderful dialogue. Loved the slap and the awkward hug between EJ and Tony. Loved Celeste facing down Stefano. Loved the mention of Benjy and Renee. Good to have Anna back, who is awesome. She can add some very interesting dynamics to this situation.

The writers have now proven to us they can write not only good but great episodes. I hope they keep it up!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sir or mam its fine. I'm not gonna take offense when you're being kind enough to give me information! And thanks for at least answering my question. I was just stating my opinion. Maybe its cuz I'm not familiar with the character and her behavior. It just seemed wierd to me. Kinda Cleo wierd on ATWT...lol. But I will give her a chance of course. It might have been that I was more interested in The Dimieras and focused on them so much that I didn't give the Brady's a chance. Anyways I look forward to talking more about it in the future. I hope they talk more about her history so I can find out who she is. Is she a schemer for example...

I loved the Gpa Shawn moment with Sami.

Loved EJ and Tony fighting. And the hug was beyond laughable... :rolleyes:

EJ is so hot....its ridiculous.

• Members

It's 'sir'. And you're welcome! :-) I'll be anxious to hear what you think of her once you see her play off the DiMeras. And yes, she was a bit of a schemer, and kind of a golddigger. Until she fell in love with Tony (who was originally her mark, so to speak). It was all very 'eighties'. Dashing, debonair, epic and romantic. Lots of tango'ing and dips in tuxedos and sequined dresses. She made him more of a hero (rather than a playboy) and he made her see the power of love over money.

Of course, this is all twenty years later, so my memory could be fading and this could be a little off. But it's how I remember it. :-)

• Members

LOL if you knew just how much of a Romantic I am you'd laugh. That sounds so Bond and I'm loving it all!

I'm looking forward to seeing her with Tony. Tony was really freaking me out today.

The previews for tomorrow look excellent. And I love how everyone thought Stefano was faking his illness. I really think hes in deep trouble and I hope they find a solution.

And EJ is SO in love with Sami Brady its hilarious. He looked so conflicted during that dinner. And I loved the Bart and Rolf scenes. Those two are crucial and I'm loving how they are around and interact with the rest of the cast. Celeste yelling at Bart was classic.

On a final note that picture of Santo Dimiera was TOO funny. It just looked like they pasted a mustache to a pic of EJ...lol

• Members

Anna was very much like a character from "Dynasty", and today that would seem a little over the top. We're not used to all the glitz and glamour now, but in the 80s she was a beautiful, glamorous, charming, gold-digging schemer who got involved with Tony for money and then truly fell in love. She wasn't afraid to lie and use situations and people to her advantage, which was probably why some of the Bradys seemed a little leery of her today. She was everything Kate should be and isn't because of the stupid Kate/Sami feud that has been repeating itself for years now.

• Members

Today was one of the best episodes I've seen and I'm talking soley about the Dimera scenes. I ffwrd everything else. The terrific acting by all involved had me at the edge of my seat. I freaking loved the slap, and I loved that it was prompted with the mention of Renee which was directly in response to Lexie's abduction.

Tony is one of my favorites and torturing Lexie still doesn't make a lick of sense to me. It's out of character however with the nod to his history, Thaoo acted it beautifully. He has given up so much to be a Dimera, that now he doesn't know how to be anything but. The end of the vendetta means everything he gave up to embrace the legacy would have all been for nought. His threat to Celeste sent chills down my spine and what made the scene even more fulfilling is that she was not afraid of him. Perfect!

This episode has been one of the most multi layered with the Dimeras and Celeste being there was an added bonus.

• Members

Anna is great. The show today seems great (as opposed to all that beach crap.)

I love seeing both Celeste and Anna in action in addition to seeing more of Marlena, Bo & Hope, Caroline, and even Tony & Stephano alongside Elvis.

I hope Anna sticks around and that they keep using Celeste.

• Members

I've watched this show for 27 years. I was watching before Roman or Stefano arrived. I don't mind the rewritten history and am looking forward to this story. However, some of this Anna stuff doesn't make sense.

Celeste called Anna to tell her about the feud? Although Celeste must have been Stefano's mistress long before she first appeared in 1994, Stefano had too many other women in his life around Anna's time (e.g., Delia, Nurse Honeycutt, May, Daphne, Lee). Not all lovers, of course, but still . . . [by the way, what ever happened to Delia? She was awesome!]

I also don't like that Tony seems to know something about the feud. Why would Tony have had the letters? And why would Anna still have them? And why would she travel from Europe to Salem, break into Sami's apartment, leave a trash bag and an alarm clock and a disc, disguise her voice, and sneak around on the pier? If she's really looking for money, she could have just sold the letters to Sami. Now she wants payment to go to the DiMera house? I know Anna was a schemer and a golddigger, but I don't think she would have tried to get money out of the Bradys. She matured a lot after falling in love with Tony and had her own money and business (Anna DiMera Designs) at one time.

I'd like an explanation (and I'm hoping we'll get one) as to why Tony suddenly walked out on Anna and mysteriously left Salem all those years ago, only to return as Kristen's fiance. That was never explained.

The comment about Renee sounded like they were saying Renee had been imprisoned. I guess he meant that Renee was killed because Tony had been imprisoned and Andre killed her?

And the DiMera mansion connected to the tunnels under Doug's Place is not the same DiMera mansion they're living in today. Oh, well.

Now, for some more history:

I remember when Anna first arrived in Salem with Carrie. Roman was surprised she was still alive. They were spending time together (seems like they were forced to, for some reason), and it seems like there were some fake flashbacks to them meeting in the library. Anna lied about being forced into white slavery on a boat while Roman thought she had drowned. Meanwhile, she had been working for Stefano and was now brainwashing Carrie to help her incriminate Roman for Stefano.

She and Alex Marshall were both money-hungry schemers (and wanted to "get rich quick"). She finally schemed to marry Tony, but she didn't realize that Alex had hired a phony minister to conduct the wedding ceremony.

I also remember when Stefano had "died" the first time and left instructions for the DiMera inheritance to go to the first grandchild. Tony and Anna were trying to conceive, as were Renee and David Banning (Julie's son). Seems like they both turned up pregnant. Renee caused the boat to sink, knowing that Anna couldn't swim, and I think Renee was pushed down the stairs after a fight with Anna.

I could see Anna trying to get money from a DiMera or someone like a Kiriakis, but not the Bradys. She was greedy, selfish, and whiny, but sooo lovable. She wasn't a great mom to Carrie either, but she grew to appreciate Marlena's role. This is the Anna I want to see. Now, where's the real Tony hiding???

• Members

ICAM with what you said, but I'm just curious if you posted this knowing that LeAnn left DOOL to be on "Dynasty"? LOL.

leann.jpg

But anyway, what a great episode! It had all the characters I care about and great scenes and moments in scenes for all of them. The DiMeras are sooooooooooo amazing I hope they keep the great DiMansion stuff going. Love that family so much. Every last bit of it.

The Roman and Anna stuff is going great. I want her with Tony in the end but it's nice to see the spark there. The thing where Roman was behind the bar seemed to be a nod to Chris Kosachek a little.

Sami's hair drove me nuts today though as did Anna's lipstick. Other than that... perfection. Well as close to perfection as this show can get for me with Sami still married to Lucas.

Oh and I just read Dr. Chip's post. While I love Anna and Leann A LOT already, I agree this doesn't make sense. If Anna was so skittish and afraid about being involved with the Bradys that she went to all the trouble of the fake garbage and exploding alarm clock and the digitally altered voice on the disc and the sneaking around the pier in all black why was she so quickly willing to forget all that fear and help the Bradys translate the letters and then play mercenary for them to snoop on Tony? And why would Anna help Sami with something when Sami has done so much to make Carrie's life a living hell? Not that I really care that the show doesn't make sense because it still entertained me to no end, but still...

• Members

I really enjoyed Anna and her scenes with the Brady's. I thought her and Roman had a lot of chemistry and I wouldn't mind it explored more. I can't wait to see her in scenes with Tony though. That should be good. For me, this was the best episode of Days so far this year. It focused on families and the vets. I didn't get bored with the show and I didn't want to FF any of it. No teens that can't act and no younger set that I really don't care much about. Good drama and great acting! I really hope the show can keep this up.

• Members

Really? I had no idea she was on "Dynasty"; I only watched it occasionally. I guess we know why they cast her! Off topic, but I watch "Heroes", and was surprised to learn recently that the guy who plays Claire's dad was on "Dynasty". He looks totally different now.

• Members

As far as Anna and money, I think that's part of her fear, to be honest. She's like, look, I'm risking my neck to do this. I think it's the fear making her fall into old habits. It's not rocket science. :lol: I also think it's weak to see her as doing this for Sami at all. She barely even noticed her after she saw Roman. I think she basically said, okay, I'm here and you all know it, so I might as well do something. Marlena was a bit catty when Anna wanted to reminsce - liked that. They were friends, yes, but a lot of time has passed, too, so again, old habits.

My favorite part ever? The Renée reference (if a little off) and the slap. Boy did Tony need that.

And Anna was a breath of fresh air. Leann Hunley is a bloody goddess.

I, too, hope we see an explanation as far as Tony goes. And, from what I'm hearing, we may just get that.

Archived