Y&R: SOW Murder Mystery a brewing!

• Members

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :(:(:(

I cannot say I am shocked by this as we sorta have seen this coming but Roscoe has been so wonderful in the role as Terrible Tom and I absolutely love the character. He plays a creep so well. Dammit now I am gonna be depressed :(. As for Sheila well Smith botched her return no question about it.....and I mean I love KB and she is a great actress but Sheila is just way way too cartoonish for my tastes. From what I've seen and heard Bel''s Sheila was much more muli-dimensional and better written. I bet she kills Tom.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my God, I can't wait!

I love love love Tom and Roscoe Born is just the most incredible actore, but think what a great, encompassing, riveting story this could be! So many suspects. Gloria, John, Ashley, Michael, Kevin, Lauren, Sheila... hell, even Mac!

• Members

A murder mystery? Yikes, Smith needs to GO! My only hope is he doesn't make it as campy as other soaps.

There was TONS of potential and this is yet another example of TIIC not knowing what to do. I'll miss Tom, seeing Roscoe has been a treat. Hopefully Kevin's the one who did it.

• Members

NOOOOO - Born is such agreat asset for Y&R. When was the last time we had such a convincing villain??? (Me thinks of early Michael and Mari Jo - nothing ever since) :angry:

I still hope that Kim sticks around to undo the current turn of events and give the character more depth again. At least, I pray that either John or Kevin will turn out to be Tom's killer because it would be in case a) extremely shocking or B) great material considering the character's childhood.

• Members

Regarding Kimberlin, if it is true that she is leaving the show, isn't it a shame?

One, why should one jump ship so quickly just because their current storyline sucks. Moves like this tarnish shows and great characters. Yes, sometimes returning stories turn out flat but don't leave right away. Brown has always considered Y&R her home, and it is her real daytime home and that being the case it should not be hard for her to suck up a bad storyline and progress towards a better one. Her leaving now almost makes a return any time seem absolutely pointless and almost takes away from her character's history on the show.

• Members

Well you must understand what she's dealing with. She left a near-contract role on OLTL, moved back to LA for a well hyped flop. Y&R promised her long term and instantly wrote her into a corner with this cartoony, extremely boring crap. I would be gone as well. She deserves MUCH better. She told CBS Soaps In Depth that she basically hated being used by B&B who would only bring her back to boost their ratings for sweeps. That's basically what Y&R has done. I can't even imagine how they thought this storyline could make Sheila long term.

From the moment her return was announced, I knew it would be a bad idea, but I thought it would be because of the campy things B&B did with the character. At least there it was fun to watch, this is just boring as hell.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Nov 12 2005, 02:57 PM)

Y&R promised her long term and instantly wrote her into a corner with this cartoony, extremely boring crap. I would be gone as well. She deserves MUCH better. She told CBS Soaps In Depth that she basically hated being used by B&B who would only bring her back to boost their ratings for sweeps. That's basically what Y&R has done. I can't even imagine how they thought this storyline could make Sheila long term.

From the moment her return was announced, I knew it would be a bad idea, but I thought it would be because of the campy things B&B did with the character. At least there it was fun to watch, this is just boring as hell.

So true! I don't blame her one bit. She's as pissed as we are about how badly Sheila is being written. On B&B she was more tolerable than this though, at least she did SOMETHING.

I also knew it was a bad idea, which is why I didn't get hyped for it. I also know how Jack Smith's stories play out, I knew this one would drag and drag until nothing climatic happened. I feel so bad for Kimberlin, because sad thing is while OLTL wasn't really using her to her full potential, Paige was a brand new character who could have been written with all these layers and mysteries surrounding her. OLTL didn't realize what they had with her which is a shame. Apparently Y&R doesn't either.

Archived