Days:Dustin's Rumors 5/21

• Members

May 21-

From Anonymous

Days is said to be casting the character of Ilsa, a 25 year old sexy female with a Russian or Romanian accent. The character should show up by the end of June or early July. The name could possibly change, no other info is known. The part is said to be a guest role, so it's probably a short term character and given the name/accent, probably plays into the feud story.

http://soapoperafan.com/days/rmill.html

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Short term is fine. Sometimes you need people like this in a story. It's no big deal.

It's realistic to have characters encounter other people. It can't always be encountering people we know. That isn't realistic. Plus, as long as their vets are on it's no big deal. It's only a rumor anyway and, even if true, it's a guest role. Nothing more.

• Members

Not exactly.

Willow, Nick, and Gabby were contract from the start. However, only Nick seemed like a long term character due to his family relation. This person is said to be a guest star. Nothing more.

Kman is right though. I had said all along the newbie problem was no big deal and pretty much everyone of them is gone. Willow is gone and she always felt like she would be gone IMO. Connor lasted 4 episodes. Jed lasted 7-8 episodes. Gabby and Duck lasted two months and maybe there was plan to keep them but I doubt it. I mean. even if they didn't drop the the story of Gabby potentially going psycho, she would not last long like that anyway.

Therefore, all we are left with is Nick. Yeah he was shoved down fans' throats but he seemes to be the one newbie that isn't blamed all that much for what happened. Maybe it's because of him being a Horton. You also have nuStephanie, who fans are sending letters into the mags about and it seems positive. A good deal have also seemed to enjoy the character change in her, according to the mags and other boards. They say she is more Steve-like.

That leaves us with her, Nick, Jett, and Jeremy as far as newbies. Not too bad if we have balance. There needs to be more Horton's and diversity. New blood is needed. They just need better cast balance so people can get used to any new faaces. That's all. Salem does and, in some ways, still has too many character related to each other. That is why I always advocate for Nicole to return since she isn't related to anyone. You need characters like. I know the show is in danger zone and may be off in 2 years but that doesn't mean you stop bringing on new faces that may suit stories or help the show in some way. I mean, they still have 2009 so if you limit the canvas to just who you have it ;imits story in some ways.

I see what you are saying but sometimes characters like the one that is listed in this rumor are necessary for plot. We'll see why if this person actually comes.

• Members

It was a big deal, actually. If fan outcry was not so bad, Jed, Gabby, and Willow would still be on board. So, fans' complaints and us bitching and tuning out is what got them canned. Willow and Gabby were on contract, were newbies, therefor, they were not going anywhere.

• Members

Yes but having them on contract for a particular story is cheaper then recurring. Many have posted about that. Contracts mean nothing. They re-signed Matt Ashford and fired him a week later. Oh, and Jed was never contract so he was never an issue IMO.

The bulk of the fan outcry was because the big 4 were gone. A good deal of the newbie outcry was only on here or other boards. Most of the rabid Days fanbasers didn't even begin to complain about the newbies until after about 2 months without the big 4. That is when they began to pan them but, as I said, Nick and nuStephanie are hardly among them and I have heard a great deal of anticipation for Jeremy's arrival.

Bascially, if the big 4 had been on and the balance better, only a select few would've complained. That is it.

• Members

I also blame Chelsea/Abby/Max/Nick/Jed/Willow/Gabby OVERLOAD for the ratings falling as low as they did. So, the newbie problem WAS a problem, IMO.

Willow and Gabby were clearly intended to be long-term characters. They were not contracted for each of their stories and then let go. They were fired and written off, way early.

• Members

Willow was not on contract from the beginning. Annie Burgstede was on recurring for about a month before the show offered her a contract. Afterwards, her role became bigger and she started interacting with other characters aside from Shawn, like Belle, Hope, Bo, EJ, Chelsea, etc. I do think Willow was supposed to be a long-term character, but unfortunately, the fan outcry caused them to end her run on the show. But then again, maybe it was all part of the plan. Have her get pregnant along with Sami, so then her baby could be the one used for the stem cells for Stefano. We shall find out in the next 3 weeks.

I don't have a problem with these guest apparences. It keeps the show realistic. I just read a little piece on Douglas Marland and how big his cast was on ATWT while he was writing because his stories called for a lot of people interacting with each other, main characters and minor characters. That's okay to have. No one on the show currenlty knows what happened with the Brady and DiMeras aside from maybe Stefano, the other DiMeras and Granpda Shawn. Otherwise, they would be talking about it. The Bradys are going to need to start talking to other people to find out what is going on. We know the DiMeras aren't going to open up to them about anything.

Archived