AMC: New Headwriters announed

• Members

I think it's important not to judge writers based on their previous work.

Look at McTavish and JER who were awesome on shows and then came back to suck.

Look at Higley who was HORRENDOUSSSSSS on DAYS, and IMO, she's way better on OLTL.

Look at Hogan who did wonders for ATWT (I hear), and he clearly is not delivering for DAYS in the same way.

It just depends on what is in the bag of tricks (stories, characters, and EP's they inherit) to see whether it will be good or not. IMO.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I'm confused, because this press release lists them as being Days headwriters. Hogan was the headwriter while they were on Days, and I thought that Beth Milstein was his co-HW? If B&E were also headwriters, then that means that Days has been written by FOUR CO-HEADWRITERS over the last five/six months. Crazy! No wonder it's sucked! LoL Anyway, while they were there, the veterans (Bo/Hope/John/Marlena) were all backburnered and the younger set (Chelsea/Nick/Stephanie/Max/Mimi/etc.) was shoved down our throats five days a week along with Sami and EJ. It's SUCKED, believe me. The balance has been waaaaaay off. Recently, however, the show has taken a dramatic turn for the BETTER, and now it's announced that B&E are no longer on the Days writing team. It could be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

As for their time as headwriters on Guiding Light, their most famous plot is the storyline where Reva was cloned. Reva was pronounced dead, so Josh took some of her DNA and had her cloned because he "couldn't live without her," then they fed the clone a rapid aging serum until she was the same age that Reva was when she died. Then, Reva came back from the dead and saw her clone living her life in Springfield. Clone Reva then kidnapped the real Reva and locked her up, because she didn't want Reva coming back to re-claim her life. Eventually, Reva escaped and Clone Reva took the last bit of the rapid aging serum and she ended up dying of 'old age' over the span of three episodes, LoL. It sounds hokey -- and it WAS -- but it was lots of fun!

• Members

They weren't responsible for GL's clone storyline... it was dictated by the network. I do think their era of GL was entertaining. They tried all sorts of new ideas that really reinvigorated the show IMO. Of course, their PC sucked.

They were Executive Story Editors (i.e. Head Writers) for the last two seasons of Dynasty.

• Members

I actually liked the Clone story.. and I liked Loving Murders (didn't they write that as well?) and I loved The City!

So I don't see them as bad... what WAS so bad? lol Enlighten me! :D

• Members

Oh, and I'm sure another reason Frons picked B&E over Alden is because he wanted to take writers from DAYS. You know, weaken it. Or so he thinks. Whether they are good or night is up to opinion. I'm sure he likes them and sees them as a benefit to DAYS.

The DAYS vs. ABC war rages on.

• Administrator

I'm pretty sure ESE don't equal Head Writers in primetime. Usually the showrunner (they listed as Executive Producer) are Head Writers.

ESE's are at the bottom of the primetime ladder.

Executive Producer

Co-Executive Producer

Supervising Producer

Producer

Co-Producer

Executive Story Editor

• Members

I'm a little worried about AMC now. On DAYS, like everyone said, when they come on, that is when the bad stuff began to happen. Balance was horrible. AMC just got their sh*t togehter and the balance is awesome. I'm worried for that show.

I wish Alden would have gotten it though. :( Maybe she passed.

And as for who will be filling DAYS' writer gaps, Thaao has a huge hard-on for Sheri Anderson. And it seems that he's been getting what he wants lately when he it comes to Hogan. I think he has a lot do with the returns of Tony and Anna. If Thaao could get Leann Hunley back on DAYS, what's to say he can't get Hogan to bring on Anderson, who knows the Bradys and DiMeras better than anyone else.

Archived