AMC: New Headwriters announed

• Members

http://soapnet.go.com/news/soapnet_amc_headwriters.html

BARBARA J. ESENSTEN AND JAMES HARMON BROWN NAMED HEADWRITERS FOR ALL MY CHILDREN

Brian Frons, president, Daytime, Disney-ABC Television Group announced today that long-time writing partners Barbara J. Esensten and James Harmon Brown will join ABC's Emmy® Award-winning soap All My Children as headwriters.

"We're thrilled to welcome this talented team back to ABC," said Frons. "They're known for telling compelling stories that take characters and viewers on a great emotional ride, and their creative vision promises to continue the show's tradition of cutting-edge storylines. Fans can expect an exciting summer in Pine Valley and can look forward to even more of the romance and intrigue they have come to love and look for on All My Children."

"Combined with their ability to take creative and emotional risks, Barbara and Jim write with commitment to character integrity and honesty. I look forward to working with them again and welcome them to All My Children," said executive producer Julie Hanan Carruthers.

The Esensten-Brown Emmy® Award-winning writing team have written for the ABC dramas Dynasty, Port Charles and One Life to Live. In addition they wrote for Guiding Light, and most recently served as head writers for Days of our Lives.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Weren't they just at DAYS? Either way, thank God! Thank God, thank God! I noticed a huge decline in the quality of Days as soon as they came onto the writing team. Now, suddenly, the show's getting decent again... and it's announced that they're no longer at Days and will be AMC headwriters. I don't think that's just a coincidence!

Either way, this could be a GREAT thing or a TERRIBLE thing for AMC. Their work is always very hit-or-miss. I loved them on "Guiding Light," but their work on other shows left alot to be desired.

Meanwhile, why wasn't Kay Alden given the headwriter position?

I saw B&E in an audio interview once and they both looked manic depressive and suicidal, LoL.

• Members

No way! Days writing took a nosedive as soon as they came on board... notice how everyone was thrilled up until January when B&E came on, then suddenly the complaints started pouring in? Now that the show's receiving a bit of praise again for decent writing, it's announced that B&E are gone and headwriting at AMC! Coincidence? I think not.

Good luck with 'em though, AMC fans! I don't understand how I could love them so much on "Guiding Light" and hate them so much everyplace else. Hopefully they'll do AMC justice.

• Administrator

Instead of Alden, Demorest or Walsh, you AMC fans get B&E? Ouch!!

They were Script Editors, not HWs. Someone needs to re-write that article.

Anyway.......

YES!!!!!!!!!!

They're gone from DAYS!!! WOOHOO!! :D

I wonder who'll joining DAYS to take their spot.

• Members

Hey I'm giving them a chance. I'm sorry but no one is bad as McTavish, except James Reilly, and to think we might have gotten him, it wouldn't have surprised me.

Anyways, they're not bad writers IMO OMG I freaking love PC's "arcs" those are the best parts of the whole soap IMO

At least with them I never once scratched my head and said WTF? Why is everyone so out of character.

• Members

Ouch........................

No Alden, Demorest or Walsh, but we get B&E?

I'm a little upset that that neither three will get the position. Hopefully she'll end up on GH so she can clean up that show.

Thank god they're gone from DAYS though, the show did take a serious decline when they came up. I was a big fan of their work on PC though, as well as their work from GL. AMC has a good scriptwriting team and as long as someone competent in control, the show will be good.

I love the team of B, E and C!!!!!

Archived