AMC: New Headwriters announed

• Members

The clone was totally unbelieveable, but they way they wrote it was fantastic. It was dramatic and told with heart, humor... I loved it. I loved virtually everything they wrote on "Guiding Light" during their time as headwriters.

Unfortunately, I haven't loved much from them since.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Now that's what I like to hear.

Maybe Milstein will convince Sheffer to bring back Anne Shoettle. Or maybe Thaao will push for Sheri Anderson. Or maybe Sheffer will steal another ATWT writer (like Courtney Simon!).

• Members

It's true-Barbara and James can write both good and bad stuff. They did bad on DAYS, but as I remember, they did an amazing job on the last few months of LOVING. We'll see how this one will go...

Still, I believe Kay Alden would do great here. And why didn't Walsh or Demorest get the job?

• Members

Peter Brash, Sofia Geier, Sheri Anderson... I would be happy with any of these choices. Especially Geier and Anderson! It's still a mystery to me why the show hasn't bothered to bring Sheri back to the team after all these years, despite fan outcry for her to return.

Anyway, we'd better stop discussing Days in the AMC thread or else we'll be assassinated! LoL

• Members

Sucks for AMC. I would've liked to see Alden or someone promoted into the position.

I hope Hogan brings back Geier and Brash. Hell, even Anderson or Shoettle would be fine. We need to bring two writers back that know the show. I agree that things got bad when Brown and Estensten came on. The show has gotten better so maybe their leaving is why.

• Members

This is really terrible news. They were ok at PC and I remember the annie trial on GL as one of the finest moments in all the daytime I've watched, but by late 99 early 2000 GL was just as bad as when McTavish was writing (OMG the process has repeated itself!!!)

• Members

I have no idea who these people are. What are the DAYS storylines they wrote?

Anyway - I'll give them a chance....but I'm disappointed it isn't Alden or one of the lifers from AMC. Hopefully Alden still has an influence/prescence even though she won't be HW.

• Members

LMAO! Love ya, amigo!

I definitely think that is the plan. Frons has something up his sleeve. Mark my words! OLTL or GH maybe?

Thaao is so obsessed with Sheri Anderson, but with good reason. I would love if Thaao's new relationship with DAYS and the writers led to Sheri coming back! If she does come back, I just hope she hasn't lost her touch like everyone seems to after coming back from their golden years.

• Members

I'm praying to God that B&E don't pull the same crap they pulled on PC and (to a certain degree) GL. Their work on LOVING/THE CITY was for the most part great (especially The Loving Murders). If they do what they did for L/TC for AMC, then they will be in great shape a year from now. If they do what they did for PC, lord help us.

• Members

Man. As someone getting back in to AMC, I'm bummed.

Dammit!

PS -- They never served as head writers on Days. I think they were breakdown writers, no?

PPS -- Hear hear on Brash and Geier for Days. Why they ever got rid of them, I haven't a clue. Time to crawl on back, Corday.

Archived