AMC: New Headwriters announed

• Members

Yep no one to blame for those cancellations but the affiliates IMO. They are the ones who didn't either air these soaps at all(Loving, the City, PC) or aired them at times most people were sound asleep.

GL and OLTL & Days are still on the air, so that doesn't really wash with me.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When they were the script editors for OLTL for Dena's first 8 months, that show was absolutely amazing. Its when they left that I noticed the show went downhill.... They left in August of 2005.

I think this is a good development.

• Members

Thank you, that means a lot. :) I wish I still had fight or some kind of feeling left in me. :( I will always, always, love AMC, and despite the mixed reviews I'm reading about B&E, I'm going to believe and think that this is going to be just what AMC needs. It's time for AMC fans to have faith in their show again, and the record or no, hope if finally back. Take it and run with it, guys. :)

• Members

NO!

Karen Harris was Head-Writer of PC until Brown/Esenten arrived. PC was quality and a great lead-in to AMC during that time period until some moron decided Brown/Esenten would be a fit for PC. I bet if Karen Harris would have stayed, the ratings would have stayed where they were(2.0-2.3) or maybe would have rose. But that is neither here, nor there.

Brown/Esenten are gonna KILL AMC. The only show they helmed that I really enjoyed was THE CITY, and most of that was the acting and the setting of the series. And at this point, I wouldn't be opposed to them completely revamping the show and developing "Return to The City."

Not sure if I agree with this. Lucy became a weeping heroine after awhile and her relationship with Ian was just BORING! Alison became a weeping heroine as well and did a 180 on Jamal and never looked back.

I always thought the characters were so stock on PC when they were writing for the show. The scriptwriters saved a lot of that crap.

• Members

Even as a PC fan I know it was on it's last legs. There was nothing that could save it. Michael Easton said that if the show had won the emmy it's final year they might have had a chance, but since they didn't, it was done for.

• Members

B&E are GREAT when they're good, but horrid when they're bad. Anyway, I wish them the best of luck on AMC, I'll surely be tuning in again to see how the show has changed under them.

B&E's best work was on GL IMO, though after the clone story, they had one bad storyline after another there.

• Members

Oh, it should be noted that B&E did clean up McTavish's mess before, only last time it was on GL.

Their best work ever has to be Reva's trial for "killing" Annie's baby. Those courtroom scenes with Cynthia Watros were ELECTRFYING! Definitely nailed her that Emmy.

I'm hoping Greenlee becomes their new Annie! LOL Though, it's sad Rebecca isn't there to play the role like it should be.

• Members

I must say they did a wonderful job cleaning up the wreck McTavish made of GL in the mid '90s, which is REALLY saying something because that show was BAD. Maybe they'll do the same with McTavish's wreck this time.

• Members

Guess we'll have to disagree. I like that the characters stayed true to who they were, even with all the Supernatural stuff going on around them.

Funny I think PC at it's worst was 100X better than GH at that time, and better than GH overall as well.

• Members

The PC arcs were great and very well written in teh beginning. It was only after Naked Eyes did PC dramatically dropped in quality and thats bc they beat the vampire plot to the ground. It was time to move on but they wouldnt and the vampires ruined the show. Dont see that happening as AMC isnt goint to be adding any supernatural stuff

Archived