AMC: New Headwriters announed

• Members

I'm disappointed that Kay Alden is not writing for All My Children. I always felt that The Young and the Restless and AMC were very similar as far as the type of soap that their respective creators intended it to be, so naturally, AMC would be a great fit for Alden. I wonder why she wasn't hired. I hope she continues in her consultant role.

The only work that I enjoyed from E & B were the Loving murders. Other than that, all there other work sucked.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dena has been a disaster at OLTL since day one. B&E made her stuff better but I give them more credit for knowing what not to do and killing it than any great story. For example, killing Kelly/David was a good idea as going with their sleeping together would have only pushed Kelly further down the path of no return. The Daniel story is a glass that is half full/empty. It had some great points but there were also some very bad ones. Still I credit whatever of October 2004 to June of 2005 that was watchable to them rather than Hackley.

I am surprised about Alden. The MIT lecture mentioned her writing a bible and preparing for November sweeps. With all the AMC references it seemed a certain thing that she was headed there. If not AMC then where?

• Members

Well, the bottom line about them joining AMC as headwriters is that nobody can really predict whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. These two have been fantastic on certain soaps, and downright horrendous on others. It's hard to predict from one show to the next what they'll be like the next time around, so everyone should just take a "wait and see" approach. This isn't fantastic news for AMC, but it's not the final nail the coffin just yet, either.

• Members

I remember crazy Holly. MAN that was bad. I remember GL being REALLY entertaining in 1997-98. Annie on the Stand, Reva thrown off the plane, Jenna/Jeffrey/Buzz, Vanessa and Mat's reunion at their dreamhouse, Abbie's arrest,Harley and Phillip..all great stories. Must see really. But these writers are very PLOT driven which does not work for AMC (nor did it work for GL, ultimately). Beth Jumped in front of a car, the aformentioned crazy Holly, not to mention Abbie would never have shot anyone on the witness stand. I hope they can infuse some of their penchant for fast and loose storytelling with good characterization. Otherwise, well, we saw what happened to Lo Loving, The City and Port Charles.

• Members

AMEN!!! I am very familiar with E&B and yes they are very old. I could have sworn thy are married but articles state other wise. I don't have a real problem with the duo. They are VERY creative.I dont think they are suited For AMC but I guess we should take a "wait and see approach". AMC really should Have Kay Alden for its headwriter. E&B, like Mctavish, comes in with a big bang but after two or three years, they fizzle out. So be prepared for that. If they are the cause the mess Days became this year than you know what, Bye Bithch, Love ya. Dont come back. I really wish they would give Paula Cwickly with Peter Brash a try. They were so good at Days. I really hope Kay Alden and Jack Smith nag up a show. OLTL Maybe.

• Members

I just had to post again and voice my disappointment. I really really wanted Kay Alden for All My Children. I don't watch One Life To Live, however I do hope Alden ends up there because I would hate to see her go to another network.

• Members

I'm very weary of replacing a woman who thought a walking fetus was brilliant, with two people, who have what, clones, aliens and vampires under their belts. They have the potential to make Josh look like a good idea. That makes me nervous. It feels like we might have lost a hack and gained two in her place. :mellow:

At any rate, I guess just wait and see, and hope for the best. :)

• Members

AMC hasn't been a socially relevant soap in years, and when they did touch on it, it ended up becoming a joke or eventually rewritten.

Why do I get the feeling Alden and Frons didn't get along as famously as she tried to allude in her MIT interview? I can't see her taking Frons' crap and writing the stories he wants her to write. I also think nothing has come of Smith's consulting position, hence why we haven't heard anything about it in quite some time. Both are better off going back to their CBS base, in fact the P&G soaps sure could use them, as I'm sure, sadly, TPTB at Y&R probably don't want them back.

• Members

I'm sitting here having bad thoughts of a cloned Dixie, who was abducted by aliens, and is being held against her will, while she falls in love with and ultimately gets impregnanted with one of their children. While Zach went pyscho on Ryan's ass, and then showed off the vampire fangs. You know what's scary, that makes the fetus sound good. And if these people wrote for Days, the King of campy [!@#$%^&*] like that, and AMC allowed Josh, I worry.

Someone tell me it's okay, and that I"m leaaving AMC in capable hands. Please?

Archived