AMC: New Headwriters announed

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Always after they got in over their heads, coincidentally enough.

LMAO @ "Jackie" She said that Courtney Bugler, Chip Hayes, Rebecca Taylor and Joanna Cohen had already written their last works by the end of August 2006! FALSE! I'll never forgive her for getting my hopes up about Lil Miss Hot Mess -- but I'm glad she was wrong about Cohen. My saving grace during that horrendous Satin Slayer storyline.

I wonder where in the deepest pit of hell did that Burton Armus crap come from?!? :blink: Not to brag on myself, but it ALWAYS sounded rather fishy. Suggesting that man become AMC's head writer is like saying Dick Wolf is gonna head write ATWT! The man may be a fan of the show, but his style and previous work is sooooo not AMC.

EricaKane4Life was his name... apparently he had a job lighting the show and Susan kept him on because she liked the way he lit her. He had just so happened to run into Armus with some golfing buddies at a bar. :rolleyes:

None of the crap they ever said came true. Jackie's "insider info" about the writers and McTavish all being out by October was false. Poloma S talking about "here's the script cover for episode #9090909" with all of these writers and characters was false -- and coincidentally BOTH of them vanished into thin air around the dates all of this info would be proven as false. "Jackie" was all up and through here with her insider info all summer long, then by October POOF! Gone! Poloma, after cussing me out (her quote is my signature), puts up an imaginary list of writers. The day this is supposed to air, POOF! Gone!

Why do people do this? :unsure: It's okay to speculate like the rest of us commoners.

• Members

As if we all didn't know it wouldn't happen. We just suspended our disbelief and hoped the stuff was real. :D

What surprised me is the amount of information we read on this board about the man. He was, I believe, a minor figure in all those shows he worked for, yet all of a sudden people told us he had this great reputaion as a firefighter (a type of showrunner who salvages the shows). Good grief...

I wonder, I truly do.

It also damages the reputation this board has, God knows how many awful things I read about SON on other message boards and Usenet groups. Although I'm not a part of the moderating team, I would still like this place to be of somewhat elitist nature, with excellent post and no false leads. :)

• Members

:lol:  LMAO! I was so annoyed by people's signatures with all those tacky images of soap couples, that after a few seconds after I signed in, I was nauseous, the Sartrean way. So I turned off the feature and now I don't see member's signatures. I turned it on temporarily only to refresh my memory and read what Poloma told you. ;)

• Members

The Burton Armus info originally came from the administrator of this site, Errol. For that reason, I think there had to be a grain of truth to it. Jackie, et al., just took Errol's original post and ran wild with their false stories.

• Members

I truly wonder if Jackie and Poloma were one in the same. Perhaps down the road a new "insider" will come in, feed us a bunch of bull and vanish without a trace as well. Rinse, wash, repeat :lol:

• Members

We had one insider in the past, Britney, who used to give us CORRECT information. When Kate Collins returned for 4 episodes in November, 2005... we all thought that was it. But Britney was the first to inform us that through December, Kate was taping everyday and soon that began to show up on our screens. She also broke the news that Victor Miller, Megan's lap dog was leaving the soap in July, 2006 and sure enough he did.

Victor got out of dodge LOL. I am sure he knew the ax was about to fall right on Aunt Meg's head.

If Meg survives another day in soap land, I am sure he will be right there behind her.

• Members

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That just made me literally laugh out loud... because that's what happened! :lol: Right down to EricaKane4Life's chance run in at some bar where Burton Armus and his golfing buddies just so happened to be gossiping about Megan McTavish! LMAO! Right down to the infamous quote about how that "bitch" should've been fired a long time ago! :lol::lol::lol:

And then, my GAWD! That whole mess by Poloma concerning "Written by Addie Walsh, Stephen Demorest, Kay Alden... Christina Jung-Knack?!" :blink: WTF?!

:lol:

• Members

:lol: Oh, yeah.

When I read all that, I was like, okay this sounds nice... but still, something didn't add up. So I asked where were the VTR/AIR dates if this was, indeed, the script cover -- POOF! Post was edited and Poloma VANISHED!

There's no way that a script cover would be missing VTR/AIR dates.

ETA: It just dawned on me after all these years that the man's name is friggin' JAMES BROWN! :lol:

• Members

Well I thought their work was wonderful on Loving and after a shaky first 6 months perfect on the City (which kinda played as a modern take on the Agnes Nixon formula) but.... they've been very shaky since, and I see their style much more suited to the urban OLTL--and not AMC... Not too pleased at all :( But not horrified

I smell Carruthers interfering... if we were gonna get a team headed by Addie W and Kay Alden and Carruthers pushed for her old friends I'm PISSED

E

• Members

I suspect that's exactly what happened. I just hope ABC wasn't foolish enough to send Kay Alden on her merry way now. They hit a gold mine with her consulting and possibly becoming a HW of one of the shows. I hope she still does and I still hold out hope she will still be involved in AMC.

Archived