AMC: New Headwriters announed

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well that was an interesting article.

I certainly don't know anything about what happened or what's going on. But this is my theory about Kay & AMC.

I think Esenstein/Brown promised more "big bangs" a la what's been going on across the board at ABC daytime for the past few years. I suspect Kay's vision was more traditional soap and less emphasis on shocking events for the sake of schock alone.

It may have also helped that there were rumours that Esenstein/Brown might be promoted to head write Days and Hogan removed in a few months. I do wonder how that story got started.

But if any of those hints in that article are true maybe there's some hope for GH yet. Even if Meg Bennett got brought in the show might improve.

I find it very hard to believe they'd bring all those actors on board the various shows. That's an awful long list.

• Members

The more I think about it, I don't think that post even warrants further discussion, IMHO. After all the "insiders" that go around the Internet and stir the pot...I mean, why bother anymore?

I did get a chuckle at the suggestion of Bob Guza sticking around GH to write scripts. Honest to God, he has too much ego for that!

I don't think ABC would consider Jill Farren Phelps to replace Frons. She's not really qualified -- she has no network executive experience. They'd want a business person, not a producer.

• Members

Oh dear, I can just imagine ABCD if that woman is in charge.

AMC & OLTL would both have rape storylines involving popular female characters.

A longtime vet will die because of contractual and storyline reasons on each soap.

More FOJ's would be hired for each soap.

Accidents of catastrophic scales will happen on each soap.

The list just goes on...

• Members

How do you figure? With Frons, newbie kids and actors we dont care about are brought in. The Friends of Jill are actors that we know and love, just bombarded onto our soaps in light of our favorites. I'd rather veteran actors like Larry Lau come in than Brandon Buddy. Jill Faren Phelps may be hard, but she knows what she is doing. Frons, does not.

• Members

Please, Jill is as bad or worse than Frons, depending on how you look at it. Phelps has been one of McTavish's biggest supporters, in fact the two have worked together on both OLTL and GH, and it wasn't JFP's decision to ax McTavish from GH, when her stint there was a disaster. Also, JFP is a big fan of plot-driven stories, which is probably why she'd actually like Higley.

I know you're a OLTL fan, didn't you think JFP's stint there was a complete and utter disaster? I mean the show is unwatchable now, but under JFP, the show was just as unrecognizable.

Archived