AMC: New Headwriters announed

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We arent talking about Jill the writer, or the EP. We are talking about Jill, the network Executive who would take her position very seriously and not screw it up. It's just what I believe. Hell yes, I am a OLTL fan and I may or have liked what she did then, but I think that especially in this business, no one should be judged by their previous mistakes. When you think about it, what did Jill do, but upset you? Lets take Genie Francis. Jill thought she was fat. She told her she was fat. Jill, in her own mind was looking out for the show. In our minds, she was putting down "Laura".

• Members

^Yes, but she keeps making the same mistakes on every show she's worked on. LOL!

I can honestly say the only show she was ever any good on was Santa Barbara. Though that show already had an exceptional creative team when she took over, Jill just helped to enable it all.

I'll never forgive this woman for driving GL, AW, OLTL, and GH into the ground. She's become poison and ends up screwing up the shows she's supposed to be helping.

• Members

Jill doesn't have a very good record when it comes to actresses. In fact, she was responsible for driving Robin Strasser off OLTL, when Robin complained about the direction the show was taking Dorian. After that, Strasser claimed she didn't feel welcome there and had no choice but to leave.

Anyway, JFP's biggest disaster has to be the Maureen Bauer debacle on GL. I won't even go into that mess now

• Members

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Alden was passed due to her more traditional outlook on soap opera and how they should be wrriten. I then just wonder why they even bothered to give her a consulting position in the first place? If she is gone from ABC Sony/CBS need to get off their duffs and fire Latham and beg her to come back to Y&R.

• Members

Uh...okay.

JFP is a misogynist. Sad, because her goal is to target 18-49 year olds.

Not that Maureen Bauer's death was any less tragic, but having a long-term cast member chased through the woods, beaten, and strangled to death ALONE should be enough reason to NOT want JFP as head of ABC Daytime.

And the sad thing is that I could see it happening. She has won several Emmys over the span of the shows she produces. If Frons is promoted to a better job, I could see Hitler setting up her concentration camps.

• Members

I believe she has a grown daughter. She mentioned in TV Guide (the infamous article where she lied to Logan about McTavish coming to usurp Michele Val Jean and Elizabeth Korte as head writers) that her daughter thought GH was boring under the Riche regime, something along the lines of (and I'm paraphrasing) "My daughter told me that she usually takes a shower while GH is on." That was six years ago, so I'm thinking the "daughter" was college age or a little older (I was 21 going on 22 myself).

Anyway, it's funny how Brian Frons and Jill Phelps -- two people who I doubt will be winning any beauty pagents any time soon -- always feel they're the authority on who and/or what is attractive. :unsure:

• Members

^If you meant it took balls in the sense that GL has yet to recover from it, then you're right. LOL!

GL lost part of its heart and soul when Mo was killed off and there's no replacing that.

For years, after Bertha Bauer's death, they were grooming Maureen as the new matriarch-figure of the show. Of course, JFP desperate to create an impactful story had to ruin it all, by not thinking about the long-term effect of her actions. She later admitted it was the worst decision she's ever made in her career. Funny thing is, she keeps on making these stupid decision.

Every show Jill has laid her hands on has become overtly unrecognizable. I shudder to think what ABCD will look like if she has control over all the shows...

• Members

Yep, thats exactly what I mean. You have to take chances. You can either suceed of fail. It's all risk. You never hope to fail, you hope that the chance you take will go well. In her case, it didn't. It could have been sucessful just like it was a failure. You can never suceed in everything.

• Members

I had to agree with Jill's daughter. I tuned out during much of the Wendy Riche run because it WAS incredibly boring. Which is not to say it's been great since. Guza-Pratt destroyed the show with horrible junk that's much worse than the boring earlier stuff.

Archived