The NFL Thread

Toups

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I do. If--I mean when ;) --the Steelers make it to the Bowl, they have a much better chance of beating the Bears than Seahawks or Panthers. I think they'll beat any of them (whoever makes it from AFC will win), but Steelers would easily take care of the Bears.

• Members

Haha...last week I watched the game at a Steeler bar here in Cincinnati and they chanted that song every 10 minutes or so. I bet that place was rockin' today...I can imagine the tension after Bettis fumbled and the FG was being kicked; then total hysteria!! :lol:

• Members

I don't think I caught my breath til 8 or 9 pm tonight. You don't understand, in my house growing up the order was faith, family, education, and Steelers Football. It's the other religion in my family. I was born their (but not raised). I definitely just laid out on the floor while my dad turned red when Bettis fumbled (btw, my dad would probably leave my mom for Bettis if he liked guys or if he thought it'd win us a SuperBowl, so it was a big deal). I'm just glad they won, IN SPITE of the fact that Archie Manning or someone from that family was officating the game. That was the WORST CALL EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Especially against my baby Troy (he's happily married, but a girl can dream).

So it's on to Denver, where people will pick us to lose again. But I can SMELL Detroit, and I want it. IF we win, I will be insane leading up to the big game.

Oh, and congrats to the Panthers. They are definitely the truth. I think they can take the Seahawks myself, especially with that defense. And I'm with whoever said Manning simply can't get it done in the playoffs. He's great, when he doesn't have to be. He better learn to step up or he'll never get a ring.

Oh, and BIG BEN IS MY HERO!!!!!! Game saving tackles and great passing. This kid will never pay for anything in Pittsburgh again. SOOOOOOO glad we didn't draft Eli or Phillip Rivers. SO very glad.

• Members

PM tried to blame the loss on bad pass protection. That man just can't win the big one, and that will a knock against him until he does.

I've been a Steelers fan since '75, so it's time for them to win another SB. Especially for Jerome Bettis. That guy is too much of a class act to have not won at least one world champioship before the end of his career.

Archived