The NFL Thread

Toups

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont see Indy losing to the Steelers mainly because Big Ben isnt 100%.

The Titans finally won today, stopping a 5 game losing streak. Unforunately next week is @Indy so its time for another losing streak. I want the Titans to lose every game from here on out(excpet the Texans) to get one of the first picks in the draft in April.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

YEAH!!!!

Another win, and the Colts keep it perfect for a 13-0 record.

AP - Dec 11, 2:58 pm EST

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Maybe now the Indianapolis Colts will turn their attention to history.

Peyton Manning threw two touchdown passes to Marvin Harrison, Mike Vanderjagt kicked four field goals and the Colts remained unbeaten with a 26-18 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.

Indy became the fourth team in NFL history to start 13-0, locked up a third consecutive division title and secured home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. The Colts have accomplished every goal established by coach Tony Dungy -- aside from winning the Super Bowl -- and they have little left to play for over the final three games.

Well, except for that one elusive record.

Now, Dungy will have to decide whether to rest players and reduce the risk of injury or try to run the table and become only the second team in NFL history to finish the regular season unbeaten. The Miami Dolphins went 14-0 in 1972, then added three postseason wins to end up 17-0.

Indy's pursuit of perfection continues next week against the San Diego Chargers.

Personally, while a perfect season will be great, my attention is on the Super Bowl over a perfect record. Besides, after the Super Bowl, nobody will care if the Colts had a perfect season, especially if they fall in the playoffs. My guess is that Coach Dungy will decide to rest his starters for the remaining three games, because we can't afford any injuries to the major players. Especially the Triplets, Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James, and Marvin Harrison.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

The Playoffs are here! What are your predictions and what team are you rooting for?

AFC Wild Card

Jacksonville @ New England

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati

Will Win: NE and PIT

Rooting for: NE and CIN

NFC Wild Card

Washington @ Tampa Bay

Carolina & NY Giants

Will Win: WSH and CAR

Rooting for: CAR

• Administrator
4 for 4! :D

Saturday, Jan. 14

Washington at Seattle 4:30 p.m. FOX

New England at Denver 8:00 p.m. CBS

Will win: SEA, NE

Rooting for: SEA, NE

Sunday, Jan. 15

Pittsburgh at Indianapolis 1:00 p.m. CBS

Carolina at Chicago 4:30 p.m. FOX

Will win: IND, CAR

Rooting for: IND, CAR

• Members

Redskins have 0 chances at going to the Super Bowl this year. Have you seen that offense and 50 year old Mark Brunell as the QB. They just cant score and there is no way they will be able to out score Seattle.

• Members

I'll agree with half of that Chris. :) I'm going for Steelers/Bears superbowl. If the Steelers beat the Colts, they'll go all the way. Bears have a great chance.

New England/Denver

Pittsburgh/Indianapolis

Will win: NE and COLTS

Rooting for: DEN and PIT

Carolina/Chicago

Seattle/Washington

Will win: CHI and SEA

Rooting for: CHI and WASH

Archived