The NFL Thread

Toups

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I don't see Phily taking TO back. They're going to release him after the season.

Most, if not all, of the Eagles players HATE Owens. None of them of backing him up because they too are tired of his baby act.

• Members

Personally I think T.O. would fit wonderfully on the Jets, when Chad Pennington returns next year 100% healthy I think with the addition of TO the Jets could be a real contender in the AFC East. TO needs a good QB plus a big city that will pay him big bucks with local incentives like local TV commercials, billboards and the like. The ? is, will the Jets welcome him, anybody on here a Jets fan?

• Administrator

TO had the perfect scenerio in Phily and he STILL screwed it up because he's STILL a selfish cry baby. It doesn't matter where he goes. TO needs to grow up before things get better for him. What makes people think it'll be any different if he was on another team?

Kirk, the Jets are in the AFC. ;)

• Members

LOL I knew that...let me go edit

I just find it hard to believe not one team will pick his ass up in the offseason, plus NY teams are always desparate to win especially when the other NY team is on an upswing like the Giants are. The Yankees are always good or have been for awhile now, so the Mets always try to pick up star players who were bad for other teams, so I think the Jets will be desparate and try and give TO a chance but thats just my opinion.

• Members

Ok, this is stupid. NBC philly affiliate just did a thing called "The Days of T.O! LMAO. They had the music, the hourglass, and everything from Days. LOL They showed a clip where McNabb is like now I am on my real life soap opera called The Days of our Lives.

• Members

My thing is, the fans are turning against him because he is dissing "their precious McNabb". McNabb is so god damn overrated it's ridiculous. The guy threw 8 interceptions in Sunday's game...he only threw 8 during the entire season last year. I'm not saying that I agree with everything that T.O. has done, but he has the right to bitch and moan if he wants to. The Eagles have shown they care more abotu what a player says than what he's done. And to be spiteful, they aren't going to release him. They're gonna bench him for the rest of the year so their cap isn't messed up and so that no other team can sign him.

• Administrator

McNabb is overated? So leading the Eagles to 3 straight NFC championship games and leading them to the Superbowl last year is overrated? People are turning on Owens because he's a cry baby selfish player. He's the one who's always yelling at McNabb on the bench for the whole world to see and he's the one who's bitching about his contract and not acknowledging a milestone, he's the one who's challenged his entire team to a fight, he's the one who wore a Michael Irvin Cowboys jersey after they got blown out by the Cowboys earlier this season........hmm....I'm pretty sure I'm missing other stuff too. Owens was disrecptful to the Eagles organization and that's why fans are turning on him.

• Members

You don't diss your teammates and team in public. If you have a problem, you deal with it privately. This applies to any of our jobs. How stupid can you be to cost yourself millions of dollars because you can keep your big mouth away from the media? If I went on CNN and trashed my co-workers and company, I'd be fired for sure. So should he.

TO doesn't do drugs, he doesn't beat his wife, he seems to be a good guy off the field and a great receiver on the field. But he is a PR nightmare, and he's crossed the line with the Eagles and he'll never be back there.

Another team will take a chance next year and it's only a matter of time before they get burned too.

Archived