DAYS: New Orleans - RUMOR

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No feud?!

I agree that it will probably rewritten and lame, but I have a small twinle of hope that I'm wrong.

Tony being part of the DiMera side of feud has always been lame. But Stefano vs. Roman & Bo and Hope is historically what the feud has been, but for years there have been hints that it may have gone even before that, which I can buy. After all, something had to brign Stefano to Salem for a base of operations, and what better than revenge or a challenge of sorts? In that vein, Roman & Bo only added fuel to the fire and John's role became pivotal, because of Stefano's manipulations.

Do I have much faith it will be put to good use like this? No. But to say there's no feud is ridiculous, IMO.

• Members

Doug & Julie are well liked but do you really think the average viewer will go "Wow, D&J are back! I better start watching again!!" (as many are reacting to Stefano's return). I love them but that's not realistic.

• Members

Well, we don´t know if Greta is really returning. She might, but I´m pretty sure only as a guest. There is no place for her, heck I´m surprised Corday even remembered she exists. I think maybe when Sheffer was looking up the background for this DiMera/Brady feud story, he found that Greta´s parenthood is still not answered and decided to use it as a part of the story. If it is even true.

As for other returneé. It´s not so bad. Basically, the only pointless returns are Tony/Anna. I don´t understand why we need them, when we have EJ and Stephano. But something tells me Thaoo was hired before Joe finally agreed to return and we have yet to see how long he will stay. He could very well end dead very soon.

Bart/Rolf are a comix relief. Always been, always will. If something, their return says we are back into the DiMeras = comix ubervillains with crazy investions and plans to control the world. No more character driven drama. Bart/Rolf are used whenever the plot asks DiMeras to get really ugly. It´s a big difference if Stefano is planning a mass murder himself, or if we see these too preparing a deadly potion in a big distillation pot looking more like a pair of witches. The situation is suddenly much less real.

I think that´s what Corday wants to do during summer. End with this DAYS is a very serious daytime drama attitude. Back to the DAYS is the crazy daytime comix so laughable and stupid you just have to tune in.

• Members

I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic as we dive back to the 80s here, but...given the past returns, and the likelihood that these will suck, I'm kind of starting to believe that the ultimate goal is to systematically destroy the nostalgia; to take out every character people have lingering affection for. And once we're all broken away from the idea that the past was more entertaining we'll be, in theory, more open to new characters, however poorly-defined they are. It's not a screw-you to NBC. It's a screw-you to long-time viewers, punishing us for not letting go of the past.

That said, I'm all for bringing back Greta. It could be like Colin Murphy's brief return, only with an actress I enjoyed. And, added bonus, one fewer character to remember fondly. Then all they'll have left is Kristen. And Laura- why can't Laura come back?

Alternatively- it's good to bring back all these characters so there can be cannon fodder as the Dimera-Brady feud (however not accurate it may have been at one time, there's so a feud at this point) climaxes and wraps up. Tony, Anna, Greta, Bart, Rolf, Lexie, Doug, Julie- all fairly important characters, historically, all could have a decent impact if killed off. It's like what they do on "Lost" where they create a bunch of new characters, waste our time, then kill them. It gives the show a feeling that Important Things happen, and that there's uncertainty and real danger, while insulating the truly important people. I wouldn't mind so much if some or all of the returning people wound up dead. Permanently.

As for the Ireland/New Orleans thing being contrary to what Corday said- didn't he also say there'd be returns but they weren't going back 15 years (hi, Anna!)? His comments are totally irrelevant. I wonder if he even knows what the writers have planned. I don't care where they set the action, but if they're leaving Salem they ought to create some cool sets, imho.

• Members

Corday's 15 year comment was obviously false because Anna's coming back. He just goes on and on about good things for the show and how they are going to save it, yet he forgets half the stuff he says just a week later.

Hmm, New Orleans would kind of be a nod to history based on when Bope went there in '84.

But I don't really want anyone to go to Ireland, because I agree with what Keith was saying. There was never a feud between Shawn Sr. and Stefano, the feud was with Roman and Bope. Roman because of investigation him, and Bope because he thinks Hope killed Megan. He's had issues with Kayla but never really a "feud" with her.

John is just Stefano's toy, and John hates him because of Stefano erasing his memory. I feel Kristen could also be part of the reason he hates John because of how he broke her heart, and also his obsession with Marlena.

Kim, Kayla, Shawn Sr., and Caroline never had a thing to do with Stefano until all the rewrites occured!

• Members

And that's exactly why I'm apprehensive. The ubervillain thing is the aspect of the Dimeras that I don't like, and I unfortunately don't have faith that they'll be written differently since they're bringing Bart and Rolf on. But I'm willing to wait and see I guess (I mean what else can you do?).

• Members

I liked Greta, and I'd enjoy a short-term return, especially if they reveal who Greta's father is (it's either going to be John or Stefano, obviously).

I felt her exit was sloppy and stupid, given that it came off the end of that dumb "Jack is gay" storyline (which IMO is far worse than anything JER ever wrote for Jack). Another return with a better exit would be nice. JER brought back Brandon, Chloe, Craig, and Nancy and gave them all more interesting send-offs than the ones they initially received.

• Members

It would be interesting if Tony was Greta's father. I'd accept that, even though it messes with continuity. On her death bed, Princess Gina told Greta that her father was in Salem, but she could've been delusional..she was dying, after all. Victor and Roman I don't think could be Greta's father, because surely they'd remember sleeping with a woman who looked exactly like Hope.

Now IIRC, didn't Greta eventually find out who her father was, but left Salem not wanting to disclose that information to anyone?

• Members

Kenny that was that my first thought as well. Of course he already broke part of the cardinal rules he was talking about they needed to do to get the show back on track. He said more familar faces coming back, but no more from 15 years ago, and 3 weeks later they announce that Leann Hunley is coming back!! Oh wait, forgive me, she wasn't gone a staggaring 15 years, she has been gone only a mere 21 Years ! ;)

Kenny also said a few months back, when speaking of Matt returning, that Steve would need his brother. We haven't heard of anything moving on that front either and that was said way back in February.

• Members

The rumor's true. Lucas and Sami go to Maison Blanche!

Here are a few clips from the original Maison Blanche story in 1994. Enjoy!

CLIP 1: Poison Soup. Stefano forces John to eat poisoned soup to save Marlena's life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fxHGtXQWIs

CLIP 2: Stefano welcomes a horrified Marlena to Maison Blanche while John remains locked in the dungeon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9b09-fnbnw

CLIP 3: Montage of the original "Maison Blanche" storyline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1gl7ekufAU

CLIP 4: At Maison Blanche, Marlena does a striptease for a drugged Stefano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pguNTJg7UXg

Archived