DAYS: New Orleans - RUMOR

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WHAT?!!! :o

OH HELL NO!! :angry:

Not even close. Those had some semblence of realism. Melaswen had moving floors, a volcanic/self destructing island, a force-field, and we also had characters falling off cliffs everyday for months. The whole thing was a mess.

The Melaswen story SHOULD'VE been like those stories but it doesn't even come close.

• Members

Wow, you thought that story compared to the Ice Princess/3 Prisms stories????

If you thought that w/ the Cassidines in Port Charles trying to freeze a town was just as great as a storyline where we saw Marlena and Roman going at it like dogs in a street, that's fine. I just know I hated it and those stories did not compare

• Members

You just compared one of Day's greatest stories with a story where a man was killed, had his organs donated, and then turned up alive on some island, with his organs magically returned to him.

The Three Prisms? IMO, one of daytime's best stories. The Ice Princess? One of daytime's best stories.

The SSK?

Crap! :lol:

• Members

Obviously the Salem Stalker wasn't your cup of tea, but the facts remain that it was a great story.

And actually I am not talking about the Salem Stalker story. I am talking about Melaswen. Those are two very different stories with clearly-differentiated beginnings and endings.

• Members

The Salem Stalker story was a serial killer story about the town's heroine going insane and murdering people. It began when Bo and Hope were attacked at the fashion show and ended with Marlena being buried alive in her coffin.

Melaswen spun out of the events of the Salem Stalker story, and began with Marlena arriving on the island and meeting Alice. This was an action/adventure/sci-fi story about Tony's hatred of John and his attempts to destroy his enemies.

Two very distinct stories. They're like two hands. Separate most of the time, but you can link them together.

• Members

Melaswen and Salem Serial Killer were in fact two different storylines. I firmly believe, and will not be convinced otherwise, that the serial killings were supposed to end entirely differently than they did. Fan outcry and Corday's interference, resulted in what was Melaswen.

• Members

The Salem Stalker story was fine it's first 6 months and then it all went downhill once Marlena is revealed.

Also, Rion, don't state that it;s a great story and make it sound like we are the minority. If you liked it, fine. But don't make it come off like you are right and we are wrong. We clearly have dissenting opinions on this but one fact is that the stories don't even compare to those 80's stories. Melaswen should've been like that but it wasn't even close. It was like a bad comic book movie adventure that lasted months. It gave us cartoonish Tony with his remarkable weather machine that controlled the weather and a volcano that was built under a island. Wow...yeah. It's one thing to be original but to be that outlandish and to expect the audience to swallow it...come on. Let's be real.

I still have tapes of that crap that I pull out when I need a good laugh. However, I must confess, sometimes it depresses me more then making me laugh since it's so bad. That was Days at it's worst IMO.

• Members

I agree. That's why I adore the Stalker story but only sorta like the Melaswen thing...clearly Marlena, Roman, Jack, Victor, Caroline, and Cassie were meant to stay dead, or else JER wouldn't have had put them in the castle and backburnered them for months. The outcome of the Stalker storyline was clearly interfered with by Corday, but at the same time I think the island thing was always intended as an "out". Corday forced JER to take this "out" even though it impeded on the original story JER had wanted to tell.

Archived