DAYS: New Orleans - RUMOR

• Members

But where is the play being performed - New York, California or elsewhere. PLUS, I have heard plently of time that soaps can shoot late into the night which would interfer with performances and whatnot. I have also heard of plenty of plays that rehearsed during the daytime as well.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Greta? please dont! I never really liked the character,then learned to hate her during the whole 'Jack is Gay!' storyline,after Jack told her he was NOT gay and she just refused to listen.plus,she was acting like she was drunk all the time,it got on my nerves.

I'm really curious to see this summer.it can either be an amazing story,or turn into the usual Days disappointment.hopefully,it wont and the show will have some chance of survival past 09

• Members

It's an LA play. Matt often performed in these while he was still under contract at DAYS and there were was never a scheduling conflict.

In any case, the play only runs until May 20th. That leaves him available for most of the summer.

• Members

In the article in this week's SOD (I have the issue), Corday mentions the Dimera story specifically involves Patch, Roman, John, Marlena, Bo, Hope and many others. Yeah, he lies but he wouldn't keep repeating the big 4 if they weren't going to be a part of this. Even he can't be that stupid, although don't hold me to that :lol: .

I would love to see Greta return. She is a great character and I would like to see the truth about her paternity adressed. She is such a sweetheart and I loved her with J&J. Morris is a great actress and we could use some familiar faces like that who aren't connected to the main families.

As for Matt, I have a feeling we will be seeing him once his play finishes up. Probably sometime this summer.

New Orleans/Ireland sounds good to me. They both hold historical relevance so bring it on!! B)

• Members

Unless they give Greta a real purpose (through her parentage), there's no purpose in bringing her back. Nobody she was connected to is even around anymore! Eric's gone, Lucas is with Sami, her mother is dead, Jack and Jennifer are long gone... what's the point? Why bring back unneeded characters while other characters who DO have a purpose remain on the backburner or off canvas completely?

• Members

I agree. I dont want Days to overload the convas with returning characters. I think the emphasis should be on the cast they currently have. However, If they bring someone like Greta back for a short-term guest run (for a few weeks), then am fine if it is relevant, and adds texture to the show.

• Members

Mmhmm, but it seems like they've gotten to the point where they're just throwing everything (including the kitchen sink) into the equation. Time and time again it's been proven that unless a character has a complete purpose and clearly-defined story when they return, it'll be a huge flop -- it's happened dozens of times already. Knowing that makes all these impending returns all the more scary. If 3/4 of them turn into flops (as they likely will -- just look at Carrie/Austin/Frankie/etc.), it could be a disastrous blow to the show since they appear to be relying on them to get the ratings back up.

...and I still don't understand why they have this urgency to bring back completely USELESS, boring, unneeded characters while other players vital to the canvas aren't even asked. They're going to dilute the canvas.

• Members

but, but....Bart and Rolf arent boring and useless ;) They could be major players in future love triangles....I jest...

I do hear what you're saying and it is valid. I am trying to be cautiously optimistic until I hear more solid details about whose returning and the storyline setup.

• Members

I think people are letting their enjoyment of a character back in the day blind them to the uselessness of them on the show today. I mean, I liked Greta, but everyone she was involved with and connected to is long gone. Eric, Nicole, Austin, Gina, Jack, Jennifer... they're all gone. What would she do? You can't just have her on the screen for the sake of showing her pretty face. I suppose with creative writing and storytelling, they can make ANY character useful. But with the track record of this show and its returns lately, I'm kind of doubting it. Greta's return would end up being a big waste of time, IMO.

• Members

Corday is banking on these returns to raise the ratings. Doesn't he also realize that anything that is written about a Brady/Dimera feud will be rewritten history? A lot of the fans already know that this is bogus! There was no feud.

Tony hates John because of Kristen. Stefano has always been infatuated with Marlena. That isn't a feud.

This is an act of desperation on the part of Corday. Characters such as Bart, Rolf, Greta aren't needed on the canvas.

"Sigh" I want the show to succeed, but "throwing in everything but the kitchen sink" is doomed to fail.

• Members

I like quite a few of these returning characters but am under no illusions about their utility. IMO, there are 4 past characters who have the firepower to "woo" back lapsed viewers: Stefano, Kristen, Jack & Jennifer. Granted, Missy Reeves is probably unavailable but that still leaves Corday one for three on the others. It seems he's sacrificed quality for quantity. Most of the returnees are either not familiar enough (Adrienne, Anna) or not popular enough (Lexie, Doug, Julie) to affect viewership and others (Bart, Rolf) are downright pointless. And this does not even consider whether TPTB have a clear vision for how to use them, which is doubtful.

Archived