Hairspray trailer released....

KLN

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was uber excited when the news was first announced that it was being remade, but after the casting choices, I'm not as estatic was I was lol

Michelle Phieffer as Velma? What a Travesty, since Debbie Harry was willing to reprise the role, except she wasn't called. :angry: Zac Efron as Link? Link is supposed to be a slick, sullen, suave guy with magnetic good looks, I don't see it in Efron. And the creepy Christopher Walken as Wilbur Turnblad? Ewww!

Jerry Stiller and Ricki Lake are the only original castmembers to have cameos! Of course Ruth Brown, Sonny Bono and Divine have passed on but where's Joann Havrilla, Colleen Fitzpatrick/Vitamin C, Michael St. Gerard, Clayton Prince, Mink Stole & Shawn Thompson.

The rest of the casting is pretty good though, especially Britney Snow as Amber and Latifah as Motermouth.

Chalk it up to be being an obsessed John Waters fan, but I'm a tad disappointed. I'm still going to see it of course, since John thought the new versions were good enough for Broadway and the big screen.

• Members

Sorry, but its a travesty NOT to cast Marisa Jaret Winoker, BRILLIANT in her Tony winning performance, as Tracy, or Harvey Feirstein, brilliant in his Tony winning role as Edna, in the movie.

I won't be seeing this.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Kenny might have to eat his words...I just got back from seeing it on opening night and it was GREAT. John Travolta did a great job in the movie, and Nikki Blonsky was chosen for all the right reasons to play the lead.

Absolutely loved Queen Latifah; Michelle Pfeiffer did a great job playing evil..

• Members

I loved it from beginning to end. Best movie I've seen all year easily. The acting was phenomenal and everyone was perfect in their role. The only disposable role was that of the father, Chris Walken. John Travolta seriously better get some oscar love next year. He was flawless, his career was going down the tubes, this role has saved it... its funny Pulp Fiction saved it in the 90's and IMO John hasn't had a strong role since Pulp and here he is. Michelle Pheiffer also was completely amazing as Velma. Loved it. I am definitely buying the DVD when it comes out. Its a keeper.

• Members

Elijah Kelly was rocking it as Seaweed...and I am sooo glad that they chose Nikki Blonski for the role of Tracy...she was great.

It definitely is a keeper...I wasn't sure if I would like seeing the Broadway musical on the movie screen...

As for John Travolta; he does great in musical roles; he was awesome in Grease and seeing him in Hairspray was mind-blowing...he really did excellent in the role.

Archived