ATWT: Wednesday Discussion

• Members

I'm loving Brad right now. Hes not saying anything out of the ordinary that any guy straight or gay would say. He likes women. He likes everything about them including their physical features of course. So I wasn't surprised when he commented on Katies butt. In fact I found it hiliarious. Brad brings a lot good things to the show IMO which is why I look forward to his scenes. And the only reason I don't support KacK is because of Parker, JJ, and Sage. This woman took their mom away from them and now shes going to take thier dad and call it a night? I don't think so. So while the chemistry between Katie and Jack is there and very strong/believable its going to take a while before I feel comfortable with the entire idea. Especially since I know if I were Parker I might have done some horrible things to Katie by now after all the sh*t she put Simon and Carly thru....the hateful b*tch.

And yes ATWT fans are the greatest. I love how we can agree to disagree on stuff. I do agree that it was nice not to have Gwen/Will or Jade/Cleo on todays show though. I want MORE Vienna and also some Emma.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just saying...the old Brad was sly, slick, manipulative, always a ladies' man..not cocky, but a bit slef-centered.

The Brad we're seeing is none of that. He's totally cocky, he thinks all women want him and not many do, he's not that good of a liar, etc. It's just not...."Brad". I'll say like Chris B always has said as of late. Recently, ATWT has been bringing back all these recast characters, but in reality, they're new characters with old names.

And as far as the scriptwriter, I mean either guy or gal. Sorry...my slang for "guy" includes both sexes.

• Members

I'm confused at what "old Brad" you mean. Brad 1.0 was more Zen-like, Brad 4.0 was the smug ladies man (God I hated Lorprieno in the role) who thought he could bed Carly to make her forget about Jack. Brad 4.0 and Brad 5.0 aren't that far apart...although Peck's version is decidely less sinister and manipulative. The new characters with old names has been goin' on since at least '00 when Block was recast as Craig.

LOL...I shouldn't have taken the "guy" thing literally. And I checked. I'm pretty sure Lynn "the hack" Martin wrote the last Aaron script...I can't believe he's been gone just over two years. It seems like a lot longer, doesn't it?

• Members

I am not sure who wrote Aaron's exit show.

I will agree that Lynn Martin was a hack.

Two writers that are being forced out at GL because of budget cuts used to work at ATWT.

Royal Miller is one,I didn't care for his writing.

Penelope Koechl wrote ATWT back in the old Doug Marland days and I believe she'd be a good pick up for ATWT. When they used to credit the script writer during Conboy's time at GL,Koechl's scripts were good.

Josh Griffith was a good script writer for ATWT. He is now Co-Executive Producer at Y&R so I don't think we would ever get him back.

Archived