ATWT: Wednesday Discussion

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fantastic show today, I mean every minute of it, not one boring thing. I even liked Katie and Brad today. I totally loved Lily/Lucinda and Holden/Faith, great scenes filled with history, totally loved that. Casey and Maddie was very sweet as well. Also loved seeing Tom and Margo today. Best part Gwen was missing.

Tomorrow's show looks like a great show as well, Dr Bob and Lucinda having a talk, how long has that been. And it looks like Gwen and Cleo are missing from that show as well, I don't remember the last time Will and Gwen were off two days in a row, but whatever, please keep it going.

• Members

Thanks,Winterguy for starting these posts and keeping the focus on the show! :)

I loved it. It was a good show today.Brad was even more tolerable today :D !

Of course,I loved Lily and Lucinda and Faith and Holden the best. So classic ATWT to me.

Lily buying the diet pills and then Holden finding them out was good.

Margo and Tom was on today!!! Their scenes were good with Casey,Katie and Jack.

As I watched today I kept saying that this seemed like a Richard Culliton show. Sure enough,it was.

Best of all:NO GWILL/Cleo/Jade drama!

Tomorrow's preview shows Lucinda with Bob!! Craig will be on!!!!

ETA: LOL,Winterguy,we posted at about the same time and our posts almost say the same thing! :D

• Members

Your welcome :)

I agree on that, I was thinking the same thing about it being a Richard Culliton show, you could just tell by the fact that history was being used in the dialogue, he is very good at that, plus his shows are very well balanced like this one was. I really wish they would put him in charge again, we need someone in the headwriters seat that knows the history of the show, and he does. I mean sure he has some bad shows, but he has alot more good shows than bad ones. And most of all he seems to get ATWT, none of the other script writers seem to really get it, I mean I know JP writes the stuff, but somehow he turns it into something really good, and makes up for her bad writing, JP just does not even have a clue of what ATWT is.

• Members

It's episodes like today that prove as long as you have a great script writing team, they can turn unbearable stories into good tv. With good acting and great dialog, you can overcome shitty writing. IMO

• Members

OMG WONDERFUL EPISODE!

Highlight of the show...FAITH SNYDER! God this girl can ACT! Shes so magnificent is creepy! And Holden is Parent of the YEAR for his scenes with her. Umm yeah I missed the last 10 mins after Lily came in an interrupted their "father/daughter moment". I was SO PISSED. I actually yelled at Lily. What happened after she chased them up the stairs? Please tell me Faith didn't rebel...

And Jack and Brad are TOO FUNNY. I tell Austin Peck is like the greatest thing to happen to this show in terms of how much comedy he brings to the show. I'm loving Brad more and more. I can't wait to see how the writers progress this triangle thats brewing up between him, Katie, and Jack. Speaking of Jack and Katie GOD these two have some NICE chemistry. I actually grinned during their scenes at the police station. Awesome stuff. And the drama element adds a very nice touch to it as well. I mean we're talking about the bitch who put his ex wife in jail and robbed his children of their mother. And Brad's analysis was SO ON POINT. Jack is Mike all over again except hotter (at least to me) and a little bit more bearable. Not as goofy or fake either. Just your down to Earth average American guy. Katie meanwhile is exactly like Carly except she does a better job of hiding it and tries to act all goody goody. Its like Brad said, "its all so COMPLICATED". LOL I love when Jack said, "You this man to man brother thing? Lets not do it ever again!" Haha that was great.

Lucinda was FIERCE today. God I love her. She was so right about Lily too. I wanted to slap Lily so much today but I can understand how she wants to run away from her problems. Its a natural reaction. However I'm glad Lucinda didn't give into her and called her out on her bs. BTW did Lily actually TAKE DIET PILLS AGAIN!? Please tell me she threw them away! What was she carrying when she came into the house!?

Maddie & Casey...cute but I wasn't too focused on them. Same with Tom and Margo.

• Members

We will have to agree to disagree on Lily,LOL! I have been a fan since Holden was the stable boy on the Walsh estate and he used to call her ma'am! LILDEN forever!

I don't think she had taken the pills yet. I was glad Holden found them!

Austin Peck WAS better but the jury is still out. If they use him in more scenes like they did with Jack instead of at the studio with Katie I might like him better. Still,Jack belongs with Carly. I have liked them since Carly started calling Jack her "G-man" CARJACK forever!

Can you just imagine if Richard Culliton was HW of this show and maybe Carolyn joined how good it would be? If they could lure Melissa Salmons (an ex scripter) back and maybe Sofia Landon Geier who was recently cut from DAYS it would be great!

ATWTSily4Ever,although we may not agree on things we can respectfully disagree! That is what sets ATWT fans apart from other shows fans!

• Members

OMG...I know some people find Holden "boring", but he just made me melt, having such a sweet talk with Faith today! And the Lucinda/Lily talk...OMG. I'm a little fuzzy on when Lily did all this "forgiving" of Lucinda, but at least they didn't talk like their history started with this addiction story.

Even Casey/Tom/Maddie was kind of bittersweet in a really good way.

And the show was almost perfect...except with the incessant Katie chatter. I could have dealt with Jack and Brad talking about "what happened", but I can't take Katie obsessing about it and starting every other sentence with "I" or "me". Boy, it's a WHACK day when Brad is ab-so-freakin'-lutely right. A Jack/Katie relationship would destroy them both. (or bore us to death, whatever..LOL)

• Members

PJ --- "from your lips to Gods ears". These two deserve each other and hopefully they will get what they deserve.

Like everyone else I also enjoyed this GWil less episode. I wonder if TIIC realize that fans are starting to turn against Gwen. I wonder if they care.

• Members

James, maybe you remember. There was a script writer back when Agim Kaba left the show. He wrote the script for Agim's final episode where he showed Luke the stars. Whoever that was, they need to be writing!!

And I agree...whoever wrote today's script excelled! The Margo and Katie scenes were soo "Margo" and soooo "Katie"! :)

The Holden/Lily/Faith/Lucinda scenes were, by far, my favorite! :D Love me some of them! And Martha Byrne was HOT (with a capital HOT) today! I love her ne hairstyle! I hated the way they were doing it there for a while. And I'm not really digging the bangs on Faith. :blink::P Oh--and that was some rich, history-drenched dialogue between Lily/Lucinda. Made me kinda...tear up. :P

Casey/Maddie were good. :( Poor Maddie's losing her boyfriend...and Tom/Margo's hearts are breaking. At least Casey knows he must pay for what he did.

Brad.....*shudders* UGH! As much as I like Peck, there is no excuse for writing a character like Brad like such a juvenille horndog!

• Members

I actually caught today's show and was impressed. The writing seemed to be way more refined and character-driven than it usually is.

I could care less about the Jack/Katie/Brad story but they were tolerable today. I was almost touched by the Katie/Margo scenes..the writing was that good.

The Casey/Maddie/Tom/Margo scenes kinda bored me..Zach Roerig & Alex Chando are just not that great of actors, IMO.

You know, I have never enjoyed Lily & Holden as a couple but the scenes surrounding Lily/Lucinda/Holden/Faith had my full attention today. I've always found Holden's character, along with Jon Hensley's acting, boring for the most part but today, I thought he played the frustrated father who is sad to see his daughter lacking so much self-esteem to perfection.

Usually, I love Lucinda but there are times when she really grates on my nerves. And while Lily tends to grate on my nerves even more, I LOVED how she called Lucinda on all the crap she has done in the past. I loved how Lucinda's actions clearly have had an effect on Lily's attitude on their relationship and on herself. My favourite part of their scenes was when Lily said, "It must be good to always have all the answers, isn't it?" AMEN! :D

On a shallow note...I have never found Holden hot but Jon Hensley looked REALLY GOOD in this episode...as did Martha Byrne. Loved the cliffhanger at the end..it was classic soap.

• Members

There's where I disagree. Plenty of men are juvenile horndogs...and anyway, what he's saying is the truth. Jack and Katie would be a trainwreck. They would never be interested in each other if they weren't both lonely. And neither of them could have a strings-free fling to get "it" out of their system. Katie shouldn't even be considering a relationship so soon (did you notice those big honking wedding rings are still on her fingers?) after Mike and Simon and Jack can't just schtup anyone, he's got the kids to consider.

Previous male scriptwriters....Royal Miller and Josh Griffith. I don't think Griffith wrote while Aaron was on though.

Archived