Y&R's Victoria

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amelia is mediocre. She's not bad, I'm sure she shows up to work on time, knows her lines and hits her marks but she brings nothing to the role and puts zero behind her line readings. As far as I'm concerned she's a placeholder.

• Members

I'm not a fan of her as Victoria. She's not a bad actress, she's just not right for the role.

She just has this drowsy, yawny "I'm sleeping through my scenes" feel to her acting. Her voice always sounds as if she's just woken up.

• Members

Amelia is a decent actress and I like and respect her. But she is not and I repeat, IS NOT Victoria Newman. She just is not right for this powerhouse role.

I don't blame Amelia entirely for bland, boring Faux Viki... look no further than Lynn Marie Latham for the other half of the blame.

• Members

While I like Amelia in some aspect, I don't think she's the strong Victoria that we are so used to seeing. They seemed to have dumbed Victoria down in so many ways (the fact that Brad is screwing around with yet another skirt and she seems oblivious half the time). There are times when I am watching the show when she is on, and I'm like, Victoria wound NOT be accepting all that crap.

Question for any of you since this is a thread asking about Victoria. Do any of you think that if Heather Tom were still in the role would they have done the following:

Had her married to Brad?

Had her kind of flirting with Jack upon her return from Paris?

Had acknowledged Neil as her friend (since they were at one time engaged)?

I personally think this:

They may have had her married to Brad, but she would have dropped kicked him the minute she had an inkling that he was sniffing around Sharon

I don't think she would have been playing up to Jack so much; she may have looked more toward him as a 'father figure' due to how her father acts towards her at times.

I think that if Heather Tom were in the role, they would have had Neil/Victoria acknowledge the friendship they once had; she would have most likely been by his side after learning Dru's 'demise'.

Archived