ABC: Please tell me we are not going to be...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These shows will be on EVERYDAY (Monday-friday) and that means The OC will be done in a few months and then it'll start ALL over again. And I'm sure SOAPnet didn't buy the season of OTH that's still airing, so that means, in a few months, they'll start ALL over again too. OYE!

• Members

This is the WORST SN schedule ever since it started. Aside from the current daytime dramas, there are only 4 shows that air in its classic lineup and OC and OTH account for half of them! I dont get why it along with 90210 and Dallas get so many airings and repeats in one day. There is so much time that could have been used to keep AW, Melrose Place, RH and PC

• Members

It makes no sense. I get the need for bringing on shows like OTH and The OC to attract teeny poppers and college age students since SN is reaching more and more homes all the time but it didn't have to be at the expense of classics like PC, AW, and RH. SN alienated so many fans by doing this. One hour of OTH and The OC would have been sufficient. And SN should have stayed with two hours of Dallas. Then those other four hours could have went towards PC, RH, and AW. This was such a boneheaded move of Frons.

• Members

To me, it just would have made more sense to attract teen viewers with daytime soaps that were supposed to be geared towards them. If they couldn't or didn't want to acquire TRIBES or SWANS CROSSING because they were too "dated," THE CITY and especially SUNSET BEACH could have worked for that purpose. I mean, I hated the they took AW off the lineup, but they should have replaced it with another daytime soap that could appeal to the audience they wanted. BEACH could have easily done that.

I mean, soap fans are already disrespected enough. To devote more time to dramas that didn't even want to give the soap magazines coverage, what does that say to soap fans that prefer to see daily drama that won't see a continual cycle of repeats?

• Members

I don't even get the point of soapnet anymore, they got rid of alot of their original shows and the older soaps that everyone seems to loves. You can easily pick up dallas, O.C., OTH, Melrose place for under 30 bucks on ebay and for under 20 bucks at target when they have their random sales on boxsets. An if you have TIVO or dvr or even a vcr then you can just record most of the soaps that air today. Seems like a useless channel that abc should just scrap all together, I would rather the money go to paying soap actors /actresses salary's, better writers, and better sets.

Archived