OLTL Discussion: Week of April 2nd

• Members
welcome-herz-rose.jpg

Welcome to the One Life to Live Discussion Thread for the week of April 2nd, 2007. This week looks pretty action packed, so set back and enjoy the ride. OLTL has been rockin' lately, so I'm sure we'll all have a lot to talk about. Hope you enjoy your visit and are prepared to discuss the interworkings of Llanview, PA and OLTL. If so, then you're in the right place.

So, let's begin our discussion of the good, bad, and ugly that is Llanview, Pennsylvania & One Life to Live...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL!!! I actually thought they were decent break up scenes. That was the most effort/emotion I've seen from ME when it came to John and Natalie in a long time.

I actually enjoyed the Starr/Cole stuff. KA really impressed me and she made me feel sorry for them even though I can't stand Cole.

I like that we got another look into Evangeline's past. I really do hope at some point they follow through with a backstory for her.

Jessica/Nash make me sick.

• Members

I love Jessica and Nash. Jessica once again is being written like crap

I hate John and Natalie. In fact, I hate John and wish he would go away. I want to see Natalie in a story that doens't involve John or Evangeline.

Cole and Starr don't do it for me. KA is a great actor, but it's the same show over and over and over.

I don't know why Trevor St. JOhn insists on playing Jim instead of Todd

Marty is the new everyday newbie

I don't care about Evangeline's past. I want to see characters I have invested in.

• Members

Ok Jash has me rooting for Antonio. I need for the Antonio that had street smarts when with Andy to come back. I mean seriously I need it now.

John/Natalie was just gross and the simple fact he cried just was awful. I felt nothing and nothing for Natalie cause you did this to yourself by going after him when he was not avaiable. So you reak what you sew. I really hope you wake up cause you are much better with out Mc Dud.

I really wish I liked the Starr/Cole thing but I just dont like the actor playing Cole. He is just UGH and spoiling it for me. And CC well she has her moments but this storyline aint one of them.

I actually felt for Starr today and I understand where Todd is coming from.

I love with each passing day we are learning more and more about Vangie. It only took 4 years. Any Tangeline moment I get I like. I like that Todd listens to Vangie and she calls it like she sees it.

• Members

I have never been a huge fan of John and Natalie, but just as I'm starting to like them, they go and break up, which if I say so myself was a very heartbreaking breakup. I can't wait to see them wind their way back to each other.

Hopefully with Starr and Cole calling it quits, that will be the end of that story. Yeah, I know. I kidding myself.

Really loved seeing Spencer back, I sure do miss that evil man.

I can't wait for the day that Antonio figures out that his wife is lusting after another man and bust her ass on it, it can't come soon enough for me.

• Members

I hate this today's episode. I've been a fan of the Cole/Starr storyline, but today's dialogue was extremely contrived. Were Starr's lines taken straight from Romeo & Juliet? John and Natalie's overdramatic walking was unnatural, too.

What's up with Antonio just now getting a clue? He's a detective. Shouldn't he have DETECTed the constant Jess/Nash stuff? If I was him, I would've opened the window to listen to the conversation.

I'm looking forward to the white supremacy storyline. It's something different and very intriguing. I'm glad that they're addressing racism, since it's still a revelant social issue in America. As long as they include the right characters in this story, I think it could be really powerful.

As much as I loved Spencer, his scenes were so boring! Was that the best they could do? *sigh*

Most of the current storylines need wrapped up so we can move on -- because the show seems headed in the direction of stagnation yet again. It had such a good flow for a while, and it needs to stick with that.

• Members

They have strung the Jolie breakup along over almost two weeks now. Will they or won't they break up? ENOUGH! I cannot face seeing MA scrunch up her eyes and "push" in a vain attempt to squeeze out some tears -- from any orifice. I cannot deal with Wolverine on a Crack Binge ( © The Wreck Center) trying to blub in a Totally McNostril-ly kind of way. I never want to see these two actors interact. Ever. AGAIN.

I am not a fan of newbies per se but I am grudgingly beginning to like CC as Marty. They just need to ration out her time onscreen is all. ITA that Every Day is WAY too much for any character -- even the most beloved ones. Another newbie I really like is Miles. I hope he doesn't turn psycho because I am warming to the awkward but fundamentally kind-hearted Miles. His scenes with Jessica on Friday were especially good.

Cole & Starr -- meh.

I still like Jessica, no matter what. She's adulterous but still human. I also have to say that, since KDLR has been walking around bandaged and in quite obvious pain, his acting his improved markedly. That sounds mean :lol: I didn't mean it that way. But really, ever since Antonio left the hospital, he's calmed down on the huffing 'n puffing and the pointing at Jessica and shouting "Mine!"

Any scene with Tangeline makes me watch. I am still fanning myself from that moment last week when he took off her coat slo-o-owly, or when he ran his fingers down over her stomach. Because damn. They make me afraid to blink or I'll miss something.

• Members

There is an interview with Frank Valentini in TV Guide. According to him, Dena the Hack is still head writer, she is doing a wonderful job and she isn't going anywhere. He goes on to say that Ron C. works for Dena and that the promotion was nothing more than a thank you for years of hard work.

Now the good news: The Spencer storyline will last for a very long time, they love Paul Satterfield and his ghost will be hanging around for a long time, and that he promises a fun story.

And of course, the dreaded white supremacist story will be around for a very long time.

Vomit. I hate this show now.

What it comes down to is you like Evangeline and Jim, this show is for you. I don't. I like Buchanans and there isn't a one of them who hasn't been destroyed.

• Members

I totally loved the scenes between Viki and Todd. These two made me laugh so much, I love how they are with each other. Todd was so funny at the hospital with Viki and Doug. Priceless.

Tate is a jerk, along with Clint.

Run Rex, Run!!

Enjoyed the scenes with Bo, Antonio, Nora, Talia and Evangeline.

Clint is a jerk.

• Members

I agree Todd and Viki were fun today. I loved it when Todd grabbed that Doctor's hand so he could check out his ring finger!! :lol: I'm rooting for Viki and I hope she has a lot of fun moving on from Clint. He is a jerk, but I would have felt that way no matter who he chose. He was just making such a big deal about it being his choice. I hope Dorian screws him over the Cramer Woman way.

Archived