OLTL Discussion: Week of April 2nd

• Members

I disagree he would have made Spencer watch him and Van in scenes together!!! Todd wanting to cook for Van was laughable!! What is next is Todd going to bust out with some drums and start singing to Van!!! Why do they continue to distroy Todd!! "Make the lambs stop screaming"!!!!

Nat cooking for Van? WTF!!!! Nat don't cook for that whore!!!!

Starr and Langston were the only part of the show that was actually worth watching.

Marty whitewashing her own gang rape is just .............

Adrianna and her underwear are a joke. You couildn't pay me enough money to wear that crap!!!

Where is Blair and Chris I need something interesting to watch!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really am sick of Marty. She's going around acting like Todd didn't have a reason to choke the life out of her child. She acts like everything is all Starr's fault, which they are BOTH to blame for what happened.

One thing I don't like what the writers are doing is bringing back the Todd/Marty conflict. Under the previous writers and with Susan Haskill in the role, Todd and Marty were not friends, but they weren't bashing each other and trying to get shots in on the other person. Higley is completely ignoring the development within the Todd/Marty relationship that happened before she took over.

Ugh.

• Members

I agree with what you said about Marty - she doesn't think much of Starr at all (did refer to her at one time as a juvenile deliquent) and doesn't seem to fault Cole at all. Plus, I'm really getting tired of her using "since his father's death..." or "ever since Patrick died" line everytime Cole does something wrong. And Marty, I know you'll never get over the rape, but did you really think moving back to LLanview would help matters any?

I think Dena is "recreating" Marty so she can become one of DH's beloved character creations - which is who Dena likes to write for (per ES). However, this probably means Marty is doomed (look at what happened to Spencer and how DH is screwing up the Nash/Jess stuff). JMO

• Members

Wasn't much of anything that I really liked today.

The Clint and Jess stuff started out pretty good, then it went to a pile of you know what...I actually feel bad for Jamie in all of this mess, and Antonio believe it or not.

The most fun was when Blair accidentally smashed that pitcher over Cris's head instead of the man she intended it for.

Nash is a downer.

Marty is NotMarty.

The Starr and Natalie scenes were not bad at all, well until Vincent got there and messed them up. Although, I do enjoy a little bit of Shaun.

• Members

Ok I was on FF mood today, lets see I dont know this Miles character bothers me to a point of no return cause seriously he thinks he knows the whole story. Give Todd the info and move on. It wasnt him who messed up things for you and Marty it was you.

I am so tired of the pity crap with Marty, its about me come one really. We are going threw this rape stuff once again. Lets be honest you dont know this Todd.

I actually like Natalie when not around John go figure. I love me some Shaun. He is such a teddy bear.

FF threw Jessica cause I am not going to like what she is about to do to Jamie. I am done with her and as for Clint no words at all.

• Members

Marty shouldn't have to make peace with her rapist simply because he is the psudeo town hero. it makes my skin crawl to have Marty making nay allowances for that pig! Granted, I love Tangeline, but Todd is still a rapist. Any victim has a primal reaction towards her attacker; she may have made amends with her assault, but now her on is dating her attacker's spawn. It doesn't help matters that Blair and Todd are insensitive @ssholes towards her rape, exp. Blair.

As for Starr, she needs her sorry butt beat. She acts far too grown.

The stoyline is so pitiful. I began to laugh as Kirsten started to fake cry.

• Members

Again....their behavior is because of Higley. No one is saying that Marty has to worship the ground that Todd walks on. However, Higley has undone the progress that Todd & Marty have made over the years for no reason. Had Marty acted like this towards Todd under previous writers and when Susan Haskill played her, then maybe I could accept what is going on. But I can't because it is not consistent with their history.

• Members

From what I can tell, Dena isn't consistent even with herself, let alone anything a previous writer did. Stories are changed with little done to explain anything previous -- since when do racists bother with framing anyone for their crimes? Even Marty flip-flops about Todd without really valid reasons for the changes, just to make a dramatic scene. Evangeline must have known about the gang - rape, but Higs needed a Tangeline obstacle.

• Members

I agree.

My problem with Marty is that she thinks Todd's rape of her is related to Todd strangling her son. Todd had every right to strangle that moron because he asked him to stay away from his daughter. And maybe Todd would not feel so strongly about Cole had Cole not attempted to rape Starr.

Marty is giving Cole a free pass, and she is using the rape to do it. That is not right, and Pigley reeks!

Again, the rape has nothing to do with the teen nonlove story...

ANDREA

• Members

I was irritated throughout today's episode. When Marty talks about the rape, it's like she's not sure how it made her feel: the other day she was defending Todd saying what an abusive father he had so now he feels he must control women blah blah then today she recalls how he put a used sweat band in her mouth. Is this supposed to show the conflicting emotions Marty has while still coping with the rape? Or is it poor writing? I honestly can't tell. But if Evangeline does not quit leading Todd on after hearing all of that from Marty, I've lost what respect I had left for her.

I see they're actually giving Shawn a purpose after the year or whatever he's been on the show.

• Members

Today was just ok for me. I dread seeing Jamie get hurt too. I hope somehow that's avoided. I love that we seem to be getting more family scenes lately. Jess/Clint Nat/Starr were nice today. I even liked seeing John and Cole bond even though I'm not a big fan of either character.

One thing that is annoying me is all the TJ teasing. I guess the truth will come out for May sweeps? I don't know, but it's dragging out to long for me.

• Members

The show is disgusting and a joke. Once again, it reveals insensitivity toward rape. We are seeing Jim these days, not Todd and I don't know just what it is they are doing with Marty.

One little note. Evangeline was Todd's attorney when he was accused of raping Blair. Marty testified in that trial, and she testified about the rape. Evangeline called Marty to testify without telling Todd. Evangeline knew all about the rape and had discussed it previously with Marty.

Total rewrite of history once again.

The Jamie thing is sick, but then again, it is Higley. Jess and Nash are a great couple. They have better chemistry than any on the show right now. It's amazing that Higley is making such a mess of it after she created them. Of course, when they were written at their best, James Harmon Brown was the consulting writer.

• Members

I can't believe that I am actually having so say this, but go Marty!!!!!

Yesterday was the first day that Marty didn't whitewash her own rape!!! I loved the she stood up to Van and told her who the real Todd Manning is!! I can't believe that anyone here would actually defend Todd choking Cole. All Todd had to do was grab Starr and get out of dodge, but instead he strangled a child and probably would have killed him. Van saying that it wasn't Todd's fault is just stupid. Todd made the choice to strangle Cole no one forced him to, he could have handled it differently, but he chose NOT to!!! Todd blamed Cole for the kidnapping why shouldn't Marty blame Starr? Marty is right Todd was not sorry for choking Cole, he was only sorry that he got caught!!! That is who Todd is!!!! That is the Todd that is interesting and entertaining. Thank you Marty for reminding me that Todd is alive in this imposter somewhere!!!!

Blair and Chris were funny!!! Loved Blair accidentally knocking Chris out. Blair was working that red dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess/ Clint- Well it was refreshing to see Jess with her "father"

Nat/Starr- I love those two, they should be closer.

Todd/Miles- Wow Miles was playing games with Todd. I could get into bad Miles!!!!

• Members

Heather, I have to agree with you about the rape and about choking Cole. Cole is a kid. Todd is an adult. I guess it would have been OK if Marty would have turned around and starting choking Starr, after all running away was Starr's idea and it's not the first time. Just kill em both. It's justified.

As far as Jess and Clint: Clint is her father, Viki is her mother. Good for her telling her dad what she thought, but not judging him. I don't like Clint and Dorian either, but it's not Jessica's business and she shouldn't be forced to take her mother's side.

I'd like Clint to do the same with her and stop pushing her to adopt Saint Antonio's kid when he knows she has feelings for another man. I'll be honest, I'd like nothing better at this point than for Jess and Nash to become the outlaw couple that Blair and Todd were before Todd became Jim.

I want Nash to get in all their faces and say he was the only one who knew enough about Jessica to tell her she wasn't ready to marry Saint Antonio and that he was the only one who cared enough about her to tell her that adopting Jamie was a mistake. Instead they all pressure Jess to be the little princess, being the perfect mommy and living with the perfect man Saint Antonio.

Jess and Nash don't need the permission of Saint Antonio, Natalie, Viki or Clint to be in love and I want them to say so.

All this crap that Jessica somehow owes Saint Antonio something and Saint Antonio is the victim is wearing on my last nerve. Saint Antonio knows something is going on and he still is pressuring her to adopt that kid. Yeah right. He's not a victim and is in fact complicit in all of this. He doesn't get to kick her to the curb. It's her decision and Nash's decision whether to be together. Not Saint Antonio's.

Archived