OLTL Discussion: Week of April 2nd

• Members

I definately agree about the Todd/Marty interaction.

Todd needs to realize that violence is not the solution to each and every problem that he has. When he loses it like that, especially on Marty's son, that sequence of events must trigger a distrubing memory or flashback. Starr needs to be held accountable for her actions too. What a brat.

Also, I found it ridiculous that Evangeline acted so shocked and horrifed. She should be well aware of the details, but acted liek Bush had been re-elected for the second time. :lol: Todd is a rapist; he didn't brutalize Marty with flowers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"St. Antonio's kid"???

Jamie is Jessiho's stepdaughter. That child is in her life whether she is her legal mother or not. No matter what a piece of paper says, Jamie's heart should not be played with because Jess does not have the heart to get out of a marriage she should not be in to begin with. Jamie should have been a factor long before Jess started hoing around with Trash!

Ant is not a saint, but that is not even the point. Jaime is where the problem lies. All of a sudden, it's so difficult for Jess to want to be this child's mother? Exactly what is her role in Jaime's life right now? I just assumed she would be a mother to the child naturally because she is a part of that family now. This sucks royally!

Antonio has neglected that child for so long (but the writers have ignored that), and now Jessiho has to think about what to do with the kid?

ANDREA

• Members

Jess should never have married Saint Antonio. And she certainly should not be adopting that child. Nor should Saint Antonio be pushing her in that direction. It's a lousy story. No Antonio is not a Saint and he's not a victim either. He's just as much at fault in this adopting Jamie mess as Jessica. Jessica should dump Saint Antonio right now, but that isn't going to happen. The very worst thing she can do is adopt that child and then turn around a get a divorce. It's like Jamie said last week, Is Jessica going to leave us like Mommy. Yes she is and Saint Antonio suspects that.

• Members

I didn't find Evangeline's reaction ridiculous because I believe Marty's graphic details took her by surprise. I watched OL when the rape occured all those years ago, and I don't remember the part about the sweaty headband. It disgusted me to for a moment. Marty never has to get over the rape, and that is her right. It was disgusting and barbaric. However, Marty can't use the rape to give Cole a free pass. That is what she is doing. Evangeline asked her to hold Cole responsible, and Marty counters with the rape. That was not right because Cole was wrong in his actions. Todd should not be concerned? The kid was on steroids and attempted to rape his daughter. It's funny how easily Marty forgets that.

Todd raped Marty, and he has been branded because of it. That is something Todd has to live with, but he has every right to protect his child. If it were my daughter, I am not sure of what I'd have my brothers do, especially after this guy has been asked to stay away from my child.

ANDREA

• Members

I don't see Ant pushing Jess at all. He is asking his wife to complete their family. He believes that she would want this. It's not wrong.

But again, I don't care about Ant. I don't even like him. I don't like that Jaime is getting the shaft here.

But Ant can take some responsibilty too because he should have given Jess time after the integration. Poor Jamie to have these two losers in her life!

ANDREA

• Members

Man that was like watching a train wreck...I didn't want to watch but I couldn't help myself. LOL.

Although, it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated because to me it wasn't Viki that humilitaed herself. It was Dorian, Clint and Doug. I thought Viki handled the situation quite good if you ask me. Dorian was being her usual self, but yet there was Clint, who to me looked more the fool than anyone. I mean he made his choice and he couldn't keep his eyes off of what was going on at Viki's table. Yeah, he wants to be with Dorian, could have fooled me.

Would love to have more of Shaun and less of Vincent.

I just don't understand why they are doing this adoption thing with Jamie when they are going to break up Jess and Antonio when she chooses Nash. Why do that to Jamie? Hell, why do that to Antonio?

• Members

I say Viki get your freak on and have some fun. Forget about Clint and do what you have to do but seriously those scenes are beyond silly. But I am all for "Free Vicki, Get Your Freak On!"

Jash dont care and will really hate what they are about to do to Jamie

Ahh any moment that I get with Tangeline I am in heaven. Blair your jealousy is showing.

I love Shaun, he is such a big teddy bear and I want more of him.

• Members

I saw the rape scene too and remember the sweat band being shoved into her mouth maong other details.

Evangleine's reaction was ridiculous because she, as a lawyer who has represented Todd, was well aware of all these details. Her shock just fell flat IMO.

You're right that Marty's rape should not color every argument and become a defense. Todd does have every right to protect his daughter, but Marty has a right to be upset that her son is choosing to date her rapist's bratty daughter and Starr is a brat.

• Members

Thank you Evangeline's reaction was ridiculous because Marty testified in Todd's rape trial and Evangeline was his attorney. That is nothing against the actress. It's a stupid plot point.

As far as Todd protecting his child, yes, but he doesn't have a right to choke a kid anymore than Marty would has right to choke Starr. It's not the first time Starr has run away.

I loved Blair and Cris today, and I loved the Tess side of Jess coming out and telling Cris to get out of her business. I do think the Jamie storyline is stupid and unnecessary. I disagree with all the Saint Antonio love. Saint Antonio and Jessica are both guilty in all of this. Saint Antonio wants Jessica to adopt that child for him, to prove something to him. Jessica is signing those papers to prove something to Nash. Both Saint Antonio and Jessica are guilty in all this. Where is RJ? That child really really needs him.

• Members

It's too bad Doug turned out to be a lech and a lush. Oh well. I guess everyone on the dating scene has to go through the comically bad dates to get to the good ones. Somehow seeing Viki do it is funny because she has so much dignity. I think if I had been in her position I would have gotten a case of the giggles about the time Doug wouldn't let go of Dorian's hand. :lol: It was just so unbelievable.

I continue to love Jash and hate the writing for them.

Natalie is growing on me.

• Members

Blair/Chris were cute today. I actually like them as a couple.

I floved Jessica telling Chris where to go though. It was long overdue!

Jash does need to get together without all this extra stuff being thrown in between them.

I still can't stand Natalie. Still.

Now I know who Shawn is. Nice guy.

I think Talia will end up being Nora's daughter. Nora is always such a b*tch to her.

Archived