The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate working 3rd watch, 11pm to 7am, I always end up leaving much later than 7 for some stupid meeting because "I am there" and hitting rush hour traffic on the way home.

Pre-troisième, as they call it, (pre-3rd watch or shift) seems worse but is slightly better. Then I am on-call from 7 pm (until I must show up by 11 if not called earlier), must put in a minimum of 8 hrs, but can't leave later than 7am. I've been on the latter option and mostly been home by 5 or 6am. At least there's no traffic. When I'm still there at 7am and coralled into the silly meetings it can take 40 to more than 60 minutes to get home. When I'm out at 5 or 6 am I'm home in 10 minutes.

This morning I pulled in at about 5:20, having trouble day sleeping and worried about working tonight.

HAH! I forgot! No work until Thursday 7am.!

I can use the sleep.

• Members

umm.. hello! lol. jus kidding. id be awful. i mean if not for the spelling and typo's alone ... id be ban crazy! im one of those give me power and i run with it. like at work im somehow a manager and fired two people and now i wasnt to fire more. but im not.. yet.... lol.

lol. for some reason this made me crack up.

well i did create that thread so....

i feel ya on this one. i work the night shift, and for some reaosn even tho i get off at 6:30 i never leave before 7:30am because the morning person is always late due to kids or her husband or her car or she overselpt or she... ugh. and then they always want me to come in at 12p for meetings... exscuse me? what? hi yeah, i work all night! have the meeting at 7a!! and then i awlays end up in traffic forever. one day i didnt get home for almost 40 minutes, but if i leave on time its like 8min.

but i cant whine to much. i get good money for doing nothing.

however... tonight was bad. the fire alarm went off, and wouldnt stop no matter what we did. even the fire co couldnt get it stopped. and like 2 weeks ago there was a blackout, the fires in cali made us uber busy, and before that there was a flood.

but watching these buisness man with hookers is really fun all night, lol.

Archived