ATWT: Craig Montgomery Question

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Neither one. He was a totally different Craig from Meeks and Block. I have put some videos of him on the Video Bash forum if you would like to see them. If I had to choose Bryce played Craig more like Block.

• Members

There's something really...real about Scott Bryce's Craig. The character was a little out of control when Scott played him. A lot of the time it was like he was about to unravel. He played desperate really well. And angry. And spiteful. But there was a humanity there that probably made him easier to root for at times, then HB's Craig.

The character has changed, he's grown, he's more powerful and used to having power and money. I don't expect him to play Craig the same way he played Craig all those years ago. But I am looking forward to his return.

• Members

I think the biggest difference to me is that Scott always had the underlying emotional turmoil of Craig downpat. Meeks is totally devoid of emotion, imo, and Block channeled it into cold sarcasm all day, every day.

• Members

I have some episodes from 1985 and I fell in love with his Craig. Such humanity and emotional depth. As much as I love Hunt Block, nobody can tough Scott Bryce. I just hope he can hold up against the poor writing for Craig. They certainly don't give him many chances to show his human side. He is pure Super Villian.

• Members

Scott Bryce's Craig is the only one I ever liked which is why I am excited about his return.

Even when Craig was doing very evil things in the early 80s, he still had a human side. He wasn't this mustache twisting cardboard villian. He has also brought vulnerability to the role and that is what has been missing from the last two actors. I eventually grew to appreciate Hunt's sense of humor, the the character of Craig was basically a joke. Now he's just evil.

I fully expect Bryce to breathe new life into Craig and make him watchable for me again.

Archived