Brian Frons intereview with Broadcasting & Cable

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like what, a*shole? :angry:

I'm looking forward to that. She'll resurect a few more fetus's. Keep JR and Babe on the endless cycle of abuse. Babe and Ryan will be made King and Queen of the Universe and we will all bow down to them. She'll swap a few more babies. Have a few more men end up with their balls in their wives purses. Violate another woman, maybe a Transgeder/Lesbian one this time, really get some sympathy. Cool off fast, Aunite Meg, we miss you. :rolleyes::angry:

OMFG...AMC is dead.

• Members

And THAT is why whatever is going on at DAYS is hurting it now and in the long run. People can hold their breaths for DAYS continuing but you can't plan for a future while destroying what you have now. DAYS has eroded a lot of its viewers and has the large task of bringing them back (the ones they lost during this last period of Hogan's nonsense) and trying to get more to convince someone that they are worthy of life after 2009. People insist he is building for the future but it seems that is bleak and his method quite frankly sucks.

• Members

Brian Frons is an idiot. I don't know how many times I can say it. You'd think he'd spend more time promoting the show that WAS nominated instead of hte show that wasn't. Brian Frons is a freakin stupid monkey-frog squirrel (South Park reference).

Dumb ass......

• Members

LOL, would you be saying that if he was running you shows? He has some buisness sense. The Days thing actually does make sense. Shocking i know, but it does. But the GH, OLTL and AMC stuff is laughable. Megan offered a position as a consulant? Really? And he cares about AMC?

And he's was like, " Oh OLTL got nominated too, I barely noticed that. Good for them. But they're not my beloved GH." He's so bias it's sickening.

The day he tells me what the storylines are that he should't have let Meggie do, is the day I'll have a drop of respect for him.

• Members

The man talked and talked and nothing but words came out. None of that makes any sense.

The one thing that did strike at me was him saying that OLTL was nominated for the first time during the tenure of his lapdog Frankie.

Yuk.

• Members

I agree. He tried to sound like he wouldn't because it may cost too much and cited the bad ratings but then he mentioned how NBC messed up by saying Days would be gone in 2009 and now Days is losing viewers. Frons all but said he would find a place for Days on Soapnet or ABC. Hell, he is bringing all kinds of [!@#$%^&*] to Soapnet now so why not bring Days? That is one decision that I could get behind if there are no other options.

I also agree with Ridge that Days's current ratings don't help it but Zuker's comments are where all this started. Yes, Days has problems but dropping to a 2.1? This all began to spiral with the cancellation comments. Days has never dropped that far that fast. I think Frons recognizes that NBC is the reason why Days dropped that much. Frons wants Days in some capacity. That much is clear. He did mention if all 3 ABC shows are performing he would stay loyal to them first but the way ratings are...if Days is higher, he will take it and screw AMC and OLTL fans. I don't want him to do that but it's Frons.

The rest of his comments suck. Nothing about pimping the show, OLTL, that got a best show nod. It's all about GH and The View. Typical and bringing Mctavish back as a consultant? What the hell is wrong with him? That makes me worry about AMC.

I do not like him developing reality shows for Soapnet. That channel is going down the tubes.

• Members

I found more interesting that I thought he was basically saying unless Days recovered nobody would be interested in it. I don't think he painted too good of a picture. He basically said that the cost thing was a factor, and that he didn't know if it would be economically feasible for them to take it on.

I still don't think that many housewives outside of the Internet know about Reilly's comment. It hasn't been in any of the soap mags that I have read. And I don't know how many of them read Variety. And since Brian Frons (who is a big dummy) says it I fully don't believe that has much to do with Days ratings decline. Passions still hasn't lost that much and they have officially been cancelled. If fans were going to run they would run more from that than one that is going to be cancelled in 2 years.

• Members

And when he does he will anger the fans and he may send the whole network in freefall. It is clear that even after the bad Summer & Fall that all 3 ABC shows had there is still an audience there - look out fast they rebounded this year for sweeps and all.

NBC angered the AW fans with the cancellation of it for Passions, and even to this day it is still a sore subject and is the main reason I never watched Passions much until last year. And there are still fans that are angry at NBC over it.

You take out one of the shows for Days Frons will not only lose those loyal ABC fans from the show they are currently watching but many of them will tune out of ABC all together. It won't be good for Days and it won't be good for the other 2 ABC shows that survive.

I hate to see Days go but to save it and cancel another show for it is not right. It is not right any way you look at it. All I can say is if Frons does it Days had better have really good ratings and viewers that come with it or he may end up losing more shows than just one for it.

• Members

Yeah but Steve...PSNS is at a 1.5. How much further down can it go? PSNS fans are used to the cancellation cloud looming. Days fans aren't.

Days has had ratings declines before but to go from a 2.6 at the time the comment was made to a 2.1 last week and to lose so much in demos too...that is too far of a drop to just attribute to balance issues and bad stories. ATWT has pretty much the same issues and they didn't drop that much. Days has pissed off fanbases alot in the past and it never got any lower then a 2.3. It's not a coincidence this all begain around the time of that comment.

You would be surprised how many know about that comment. One of friends who is an avid Days watcher and hasn't even owned a computer in 6 months knew about. He said he read it in a magazine and knows someone else that saw a blurb on E! at some point on the bottom scroll.

I think the point Frons made that implies JZ's comments as a primary reason for Days's big decline is the most logical and smartest thing he has said in months. It makes sense if you look at the numbers.

Frons didn't want to come out and say he wants Days but it's pretty obvious. The way he says "If ABC soaps are performing well" instead of we are going to be loyal to our shows no matter what basically gives yo uthe answer. He may put them on Soapnet too. All I know is his comments were trying to kill the issue at the moment because he can't go after Days right now but he left the door wide open so he can pursue it in a few years.

Archived