AMC: 2 characters gone by Summer. SID Spolier

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My guess is going to be due to the new writers. I think they see Bianca and Zoe running off together and I can see Bianca helping Zoe threw her procedure of reassignment surgery. Bianca tells Zoe she loves her in April supposedly.

• Members

Wow the only couple that I am interested in right now is leaving. Thanks AMC you finally sucker me back into watching and now one of the best things you have going is leaving. As I said in another post it wasn't the writers that made me like them but it was Carlson's acting that made me like Zoe and believe in him as a man who really felt he was a woman. And I think Reigel & Carlson actually have chemistry.

Maybe they will pursue a Tad & Julia hookup. If not AMC romance and couple wise is a big dud for me. Not once ever in AMC history have I hated all the lead couples as I do right now.

Jack/Erica ruined.

Zendell - worst couple in daytime

Jamie/Julia - stink

Aiden/Di - okay but nothing to write home about probably because we don't see enough of them

Ryan/Annie - okay but nothing special

JR/Babe - terrible/hate both so not much to root for

Josh/Babe - even worse than JR/Babe

Adam/Krystle - never should have even happened

Jeff/Erica - didn't work the first time so this round is even worse

McTavish sure has messed the show up and sad that she hasn't even created one rootable couple the whole time she has been here.

• Members

You know, I'm not really too sad about this. Bianca used to be a favorite, but I've been finding her so annoying (even before her recent return). The Zarf/Zoe thing could have been more interesting. The actor is great, but the writing leaves much to be desired.

• Members

My guess is that the new writer wanted to pair Bianca with a woman and dump Zarf, which ABC has obviously done everything to avoid. Bianca was raped, made a mother, her love interests were written off and now she's with a man. Don't give me the Transgender crap, we know whats happening based on history. If they wanted to tell a brave transgender story, Zoe would be with a man.

This especially works if the writer were from Y&R which was known to take risks.

• Members

I can't believe I am saying this.... but I will definately be missing Zoe ten times more than Bianca. Jeff Carlson is the best surprise on AMC in a long long time. He is such a talented actor and gives this role such justice its amazing. He is worth watching everyday. I love the story from Zoe's perspective but thank goodness Barf will play out off screen. I am sorry but I cannot get behind them. Friends fine but lovers, pass the barf bag.

Eden signed a contract with an undetermined length.... so they aren't getting rid of her this is Eden wanting to try and spread her wings again. She never did move back to NYC, so that was telling. Eden needed money, that's my guess as to why she has came back.

Bianca annoys me now more than she makes me happy. I'll miss Eden but definately not Bianca.

Zoe :( Oh well I will treasure these last few months. Zoe is the best new character on AMC in a really long time.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 22 2007, 07:07 PM)
This especially works if the writer were from Y&R which was known to take risks.

That statement is a little misleading. AMC has always been a show under Nixon that took more risks than any show on TV. It has been only since Nixon left the show the last time that the show quit taking as many risks.

AMC was the first in daytime to ever have a lesbian character - that of Donna played by Donna Pescow back in the 80's. And had Devon be the object of her love.

They were the first to ever do a war scene in daytime in which Philip Brent was killed. They were the first to do a legal abortion. The first (long before Y&R) to do the plastic surgery with Margo Flax and show it as the person went through it.

and the list could go on and on.

Now they are actually the first show to do a transgender story. They had ulterior motives with parts of it, but they did take the risk. And for the most part they have done it right. They chose to explore a side of it that does exist but is just not well known.

I think AMC has screwed up Bianca's coming out, but GH did Lucas Jones' and ATWT definitely has Luke's - but I do give them credit for taking the risk and making a legacy character gay.

There are still very few shows that have even had a gay character at all. I think OLTL, Days had a minor one, AMC, ATWT, GH are the only ones - some haven't even touched it yet. Hopefully one day one of them will take a risk and let us see a love story between gay characters and they will become part of the norm, but it is still going to take a while.

Even here on SON where we hear fans want it all the time I get complaints about my blog and the gay stories there. The gay characters in my blog don't even make up 1% of them but folks tell me it is too much. Imagine what it would be if it was happening on the air.

Archived