DAYS: Friday, March 16

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Penthouse Grille is such a classic set. So glad Hogan decided to start using it again. Before he came on in October, I think the last time we saw the set was when Lucas proposed to Sami in July '04. So much has happened in that restaurant. I prefer it over Chez Rouge any day, especially if it means that they can tear down Chez Rouge and resurrect the DiMera mansion.

• Members

These off-the-wall apparences of Benjy really intrigue me. I no longer read the EE anymore, so I'm totally surprised when he just shows up. He's never in the spoilers, which is a good thing. I do wish the writers would give us a little more on the character, but I understand that Benjy is not the focus right now and I'm cool with that.

• Members

I am DIZZY from all the intrigue and danger today. This was a very good episode.

First, loved Benjy in his scene with Celeste. I was really surprised by this, but I like the way he pops in and out with no warning. And I enjoy watching this actor; he has a very expressive face. There's got to be a reason Benjy is in this story, and I'm wondering if he's going to be the one who ultimately takes on and takes down the House of Dimera.

Steve was really scary today. It looks like Billie once again is making a bad decision because of a man. I got another little surprise when she opened the door at the end and EJ was standing there. For some reason I thought he was going to be distracted by Celesete and would be tracking her down. He really has a full plate right now, since he's involved with virtually every resident of Salem. His conversation with the doctor raised more questions. Exactly what is Stefano's illness anyway? First he needed a new kidney, then they mentioned fetal cells, now bone marrow. And the baby is a "gift from God"? Sounds very ominous.

I like Sami and Chelsea's friendship. Feisty Sami and snarky Chelsea are very entertaining. And we got another scene at the Penthouse Grille, which made me happy. I still miss the Brady Pub, but this is second best.

I haven't read any spoilers, but I'm hoping the improvement we've seen this week continues. Most of this week was very good, and we're seeing some familiar faces and familiar sets. That always makes me feel more positive.

• Members

For the first time in a long time, i can finally say today was an excellent show...I loved every minute of it...First off, Sami and Chelsea rock...I absolutely love their scenes, Rachel and Ali have an amazing friendship chemistry...and its just great seeing characters in different stories interact...Also chelsea and ej scenes were great, Rachel Melvin can hold her own with everyone on the show..

It was also great to see Benji again..I like his random appearances, and i do agree that he will factor in more down the line..It was great seeing Benji and Celeste interact..just something different..

And can i just say it was refreshing seeing Roman today....nice to see Kayla finally share some scenes with her older brother....

Finally, it was a nice twist that Steve went to Billie..We haven't seen them interact since january....I'm looking forward to their scenes next week..

• Members

Haven't seen today's episode yet but I get the feeling I am just gonna love Steve and Billie today. I have noticed Hogan does this and for one I love it when ex's get involved with each other(not jnecessarily in a triangle, but as freinds or "close" freinds) because it just seems so logical. Some writers have just had the people forget each other after the triangle ends. We have seen Mimi involved in the Shelle story, Bo and Billie involved with Chelsea, and now Steve and Billie.

That's just something I have always loved to see because ex's do not automatically forget each other and like I said in times of trouble it is logical for the to see each other again.

• Members

Sami gave me a glimpse of Caroline, today. She could (if the show lasts) be the matriarch unless the Horton clan is built up again. Chelsea and Sami were a delight together.

EJ is seemingly getting into a very dangerous position. He seems to be being set up for murder and what will the show be without EJ. It just would have to be a faked murder to keep James Scott on, but one that would cause a huge story.

I loved Roman and Kayla together. They are the best combination I think.

My heart ached for Billie. She is reeling from the "reveal" which was begun by the rejection of Steve and now he is back right as she is feeling all that again and asking for her help. The emotions, oh my. I hate to say this but to me SN and JP have so much more chemistry than SN and MBE in this day and time.

Benjy coming out of the clear blue sort of didn't fit. Even Celeste in this doesn't seem natural to me. Ordinarily I enjoy her but these scenes recently, I haven't at all. I don't know why that was necessary because the fans already know that EJ came to Salem to plant the DiMera seed into a Brady woman. The reason behind that is what we need to know.

• Members

Tanya Boyd and Celeste are very familiar faces to Days history for over 10 years....I can't remember the exact year she started...94 or 95? So i'm happy she's involved in a story with Sami..there really aren't many other options for her with Lexie gone, unless they go forward with Abe and Celeste...I'm sure we'll get more reason's why Celeste is so adamant that EJ be stopped...I'm thinking she'll be a big piece of the puzzle if they go into the history of the dimera/brady feud and she'll figure into to the ultimate showdown between the two families....

• Members

Tanya first aired in May of 04 in Maison Blanche when she knocked Marlena out. Celeste is awesome and I'm very glad they are using her. It was also nice seeing Roman. Today's episode wasn't half as bad, like everyone is saying, except that it featured the same people and all. Chelsea and Sami were awesome but I hate the fact that it felt like Sami was pimping her, Sami is never that nice to people unless she wants something from them so that whole conversation felt very weird LOL!!

But still the episode wasn't bad at all... With the snow storm and all I definitely don't think DAYS ratings will drop this week.

• Members

I don't like Celeste in the story because she is badgering Sami to kill EJ. If she feels that strongly, she needs to just do it herself instead of placing that burden on Sami who already has enough on her plate to deal with. It's not natural with Celeste unless she is saying what the cards tell her or some weird warning. Not good use of Celeste in my opinion.

• Members

Watchable.

Sami/Chelsea, Sami/Celeste and Celeste/Benjy were the highlights for me.

I might be reaching but could Celeste be egging Sami on to kill EJ to keep Theo safe? If Sami's baby isn't EJ's, and if he is EJ's but the baby isn't a match to help Stefano... Theo is the second option.

• Members

I would miss him a lot. He is so alive and playful even though ruthless. He is very complex, too. He seems to be heartless however he does love Stefano and as such is capable of feeling love, thereby not a true anti-social who even though appears sociable but is incapable of feelings. At any rate, he is the best looking man on the show and the one I enjoy the most (when he isn't bothering Sami).

• Members

How is Celeste unnatural here? This is her most natural role. It's the closest to her character she has been in YEARS. She was never meant to be a squeaky clean, motherly type. And the tarot card and pshycic bit became such a ploy and a joke. I'm so glad Hogan has taken the time to take her from that to what we have now. I love her in this story. After today, I don't know who's side she's on anymore, except of course herself's.

Yay! Benjy! I was flabberghasted when he got into the car. Totally taken by surprise. Love these random appearances. While still scared, Benjy seems more willing to share information. Interesting.

Sami was so grown up seeming today. I liked it. Her scenes with Chelsea rocked. Her and Chelses as friends is genius. It works. I did also love Celeste telling Sami that she was being naive if she thought she could trick Elvis. It was very clever, the way Celeste got her to meet her.

Kayla needs to back off. I love her, finally, but, dude, if you're not careful, there won't be a you or a Steve around to love the other. I've really grown to hate this whole brainwash, torture story. There are so many better ostacles that could have faced them and I maintain that he remembered far too quickly. The result has been a near destruction of the characters. On a daily basis, they've had some nice angst and great, familiar character work, but the story? Inane. I do like how Billie got pulled back into Steve's orbit just as the Nick reveal was out. It's an interesting, full-circle thing.

And this EJ? I love James, but I would love to see him die. And I mean die. Even I wouldn't be stupid enough to make his reach so... far reaching. He'd have to work with others to achieve what he's done, as peers, not minions. The all-powerful bull got tired with Tony and it will with EJ, even with higher quality writing.

Archived