DAYS: Friday, March 16

• Members

They're pushing EJ into a corner way too soon. I don't like that. He's enjoyable but he's just in too many people's orbits. I hate when one character dominates multiple stories.

I love the Kayla/Steve drama but I agree with you Keith. He remembered way too fast. And now we're back at square one with him being brainwashed and acting like a murderous psycho. I do love that we have feisty Kayla back. I was cheering hearing her go back at Steve and Mary Beth Evans looked SO alive. I'm sure both actors are loving it.

You can tell the actors like Hogan's material. It shows. BIG TIME.

I also loved Celeste and Benjy. It was so random and I loved seeing them interact. I totally agree with you again Keith, that Hogan has brought Celeste back to what she was originally and it's awesome. I absolutely LOVE that Hogan is using Celeste. I was worried she would just fade away again but nope ... yay.

Overall, one of the best episodes in a while. Monday seems great too, reading the Early Edition (which I haven't done in a while, actually).

Oh yeah ... loved Sami and Chelsea! Words cannot describe how fun they were to watch. Love them together.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great show. The last ten episodes or so have been much better. We are getting better balance and the characters are fluctuating a bit. Only two days of Shelle, Nick has been off, Sami/Chelsea stuff, Bo/Hope, more Celeste, Benji, Roman, only two days of Steve/Kayla, etc. Now they need to cut down on EJ, Chelsea, and Billie a bit and we will be good.

I love how Benji just popped up. They always keep his appearances a surprise and I love it. I love it and the actor. The scenes with Celeste had a gothic vibe. Loved them. Hogan using Celeste is great. He has brought her back to her glory and I still don't know whose side she is on and what she is up to. The mystery and intrigue today was at a high. I like how Celeste met with Sami and arranged it. The scenes had a good tension and suspenseful feel to them. Boyd and Sweeney rock together.

Great to see Roman and I liked his scenes with Kayla and later with EJ. I enjoy EJ mostly because of JS and the cat and mouse games he plays. You never know what he will do next. Loved his snarky back and forth with Chelsea and the way he went back to Billie after learning she was lying. I do think we may see a murder mystery where EJ fakes his death to torture his victims and then returns. That would be great.

Sami/Chelsea is so good. I like these two as friends and I was glad they acknowledged Chelsea being in her wedding last year and how she was a brat to Sami. The similararities and parallels with these two being on display is just a great idea. Love it. Melvin is holding her own with everyone. She has become one of the best young actresses on daytime.

Steve/Billie was good. I want them as friends and I am glad Hogan brought this full circle in terms of the Nick reveal. Pinson played her underlying fear well and SN was threatening yet a little subdued today. Very good performance. Like the way Billie's fear built in her time went on as she wasn't sure if this was the Steve she cares about. Like how EJ returned at the end. Nice cliffhanger there.

The character interactions today were just wonderful. Everything moved so well and at a rapid pace. Loved it. The last two weeks have been much better in terms of movement and balance IMo. I feel direction now and we are seeing characters come out of isolation more now.

Great show and good week. Next week looks exciting.

• Members

One thing i'm really enjoying with Hogan is that he is putting Billie front and center...the character was so mis-used under JER's last run, and Julie Pinson never got a chance to shine...The women is a Daytime Vet, so i'm glad she's finally getting some good material....

• Members

I dont know what happened to Julie pinson,but she's really improved alot since she arrived to the show and her acting now is more real as opposed to the "soap opera" over the top acting she had for her first few years.really enjoyed her scenes with SN,who also did a good job on this episode.

MBE on the other hand..just boring.I dont believe anything she says.when she's on? I'm just bored,looking for anything that will make the scene worth watching.add that to the fact Josh T. was with her,and you got some very boring scenes.I just find her to be so overrated and her acting to be boring or laughable at times(the scenes when steve was about to leave her and she yelled at him.I thought it was hilariously bad).

still tired of EJ but enjoyed his scenes today.it was nice to see the Penthouse grill set again,as well as the Sami/Celeste/chelsea/Benjy scenes.

overall preety good episode.

• Members

I just realized--it's St. Patrick's Day and we didn't get the Brady Pub! I enjoyed Shawn singing in the past. And I'll never forget the year Mimi did her Irish jig. Maybe we'll get something Monday, but I doubt it.

I just want to add my agreement to everyone who's talked about how great it is to get Celeste back to her roots. I loved the Maison Blanche storyline where she was introduced. She was so mysterious and exotic then, and I'm getting that same vibe now.

Archived