SOD: Two Different Covers

• Members

"World...Jessica and Marshall were on a SOD cover back in 2003 with the "Was it Rape?" storyline. It was a great cover, full and a dark mysterious green. I may have to dig that up!"

Are you sure Joshy? I could have sworn that that was an SID cover, not an SOD.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I take you offer! Thanks.

I just checked and ATWT had five SOD covers in 2006 (subscribers only):

4/25/2006 Jennifer/Dusty (would have been a GH cover with Jason/Scorpios)

5/9/2006 Katie and Mike's Wedding ( would have been a GH cover with Sam/Alexis)

6/27/2006 Simon's Back Mike/Katie/Simon ( would have been a days Cover with Frankie/Jenn/Jack & Marlena/John)

19/9/2006 Carly/Simon ( was a Y&R cover with Victor on the newsstands/supermarkets)

11/14/2006 Katie & Simon ( would have been Days with Sami & Lucas)

Also:

4/18/2006 GL's Reva & Josh on the cover ( it was a AMC Tad/Dixie cover on the supermarket

the list goes on with other soaps....

• Members

Well, i guess it depends what soap do you like. It would have been better if SOD would put every soap on the cover and not just the ones that sell the most magazines. The subscribers should be able to choose what soap they prefer that would be a great service and everyone would be happy.

• Members

It is nice to see GL get some buzz back because three to four years ago it looked like it was headed toward cancellation. Wheeler came onto the show and has delivered very consistent ratings. I have to give props to Ellen Wheeler, she has the toughest job of any of the executive producers. GL has the lowest budget which means they cannot add many new characters or even actors. Wheeler is trying to deliver the best show she can on a budget that is about 45% of Y&R's budget. She has now been executive producer for three years and props to her. I have to say she is a fresh voice to daytime right now. I love her Katrina episode, loved the Jonathan exit, love her hire of Marcy Rylan, and love she has taken some risks when needed.

• Members

I love GH,DAYS,and Y&R getting the covers on SOD,even the AMC covers seem good.If I was running the magazine I would feature soaps that would sell covers of the magazine and those four seem I mentioned seem to do the trick.

Archived