PSNS: Rumor from SoapCentral.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. I actually love this idea. I love zombie movies, and something like this would never work on any soap other than Passions -- simply because of the kind of show it is. It's not a soap, despite being classified as such. It's a parody, wearing a soap opera mask.

If they can give us decent production values (no idiotic 'flames from hell' SFX) and make the zombies look scary rather than laughable (sorry, the demons from Hell were laughable), I could see this being fun. Basically, if it's taken seriously and not played for laughs, I think I'll enjoy it. I like dark, supernatural stories as long as they're taken seriously (like "Possession" on Days). The minute they turn up the laugh factor, I'm done.

Oh, I would also like to see some sort of story-related fallout and after-effects. Not just a blip and then 'back to your regularly scheduled stories.'

That said... is the person reporting this very reliable?

• Members

OMG. We have to find these production still guys. I guess the guy released three more:

-Eve is screaming at Spike, Chad, Vincent, and Whitney all who seem to be arguing with each other. I guess Whitney looks badass holding a chainsaw. Eve has an arm around Spike (Is he the EVIAN SON?!?!?!).

-Charity holding a newspaper saying "HARMONY: NO MAN'S LAND."

-Simone and Jessica are riding a motorcycle throw a street wielding sawed off shotguns as they battle the undead.

-Kay covered in blood and holding an axe.

• Members

Hey, sorry I guess I got the description wrong... the person said the picture is Kay covered in blood holding an axe, and then people are guessing maybe it's from a scene where she is fighting zombies or maybe fighting Charity. I was mistaken, and edited my original post with the correct description. There IS a Charity picture though- she's holding the "Harmony-No Man's Land" newspaper... which leads me to believe she won't even be in Harmony still even if this mess occurs.

• Members

I don't mind a little camp but this type of story should be VERY dark. The camp should not take away from the feel of the story. This needs to be horrific and truly edge of your seat. Sometimes camp can take away from that. If there is camp and it s overdone, the story will have failed.

This has loads of potential so JER better not disappoint.

Oh, and Hell was a travesty. It was one of the few early Passions stories I despised. It did nothing for story except give us a rushed end to the tension with Ethan and Sam, which should have continued. I like that much of the cast was involved but a big event like that has to move story and it didn't. It dragged for too long without having significant impact on story in the aftermath. That is why it letdown with me.

• Members

I bet JER is trying to tie this in with the new Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriquez movie "Grindhouse". It hits theatres in April, around the time this story should start airing. It's two 1-hour long movies, and one of the movies stars Rose McGowan taking on a legion of zombies. In a publicity still for it, she and another girl are seen on a motorcycle with zombie carnage in the background.

• Members

A little camp is fine. It's only when all sense flies out the window that I have to tune out.

JER knows how to write serious, dramatic supernatural. Look at Marlena's possession on Days. That was dark, gothic... and serious. Campy, yes. But part of what made it so effective is that it played seriously, not for laughs. Because Passions is the type of show that it is, I can allow a bit of camp and idiocy, but too much just kills the story for me. Just my personal preference. And don't say "this is JER," because that's no excuse for bullsh!t. I know his writing, I've known his writing since 1993. I know what he's capable of. That's why it pisses me off so much when he falls flat.

As I said, this has potential to be an awesome supernatural story. Horror film in daytime. Those movies, however, are meant to be scary -- not comedic.

"Hell in a Closet" sucked for me because of the special effects. I just couldn't get past them. The flames of hell were laughable, and I've seen better 'demons' on Halloween. Sometimes, less is just more. Of course, it all depends on what you like more -- camp or drama. A little camp is fine for me, but too much is a bust.

Archived