Passions Criticized for DOWN-LOW Storyline

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only reason this is acceptable on PSNS is because JER assumes his readers have a five episode memory span. And every other writer on daytime has brains. And because of this, JER has driven away fans with high standards, leaving the diehard fans who will take anything thrown at them and will love the show unconditionally, even when it does not deliver. All of these threads about PSNS always come down to the 1.5 people left vs. the other 1.0 (being generous) that were driven away by the last four years. And it is because of storylines like this and PSNS not taking itself seriously that it is being canceled. So, the same people who are saying in this thread and in the spoiler thread that it's "Just Passions" and "don't take it so seriously" are the same people who were blaming NBC for the cancelation 5 weeks ago, but maybe they should be blaming the show and JER for putting it in a position to be taken so lightly.

• Members

I disagree that Pash needed to take itself seriously to get renewed. If that means speeding up stories, resolving stories and giving more payoffs, then YES, I'd agree. But the show could have continued to be successful, and built on that cult success, even with just being itself. The show should not have to sacrifice its identity.

• Members

Bravo to you, King!

Why applaud that moron for a serious issue WHEN THE SHOW IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY (can't have it both ways), especially on a nonstory from out of nowhere? When Chad was lusting after his sister and buying babies to get her, exactly when did he have time to sneak around with men?

Reilly is the only one with guts to tell the story? Outside of making Chad look like a TOTAL deviant, this is not guts, this is another stunt to shock people into watching. After the reveal, what next? Anyone familiar with Trassions knows that NOTHING happens next. Just onto the next stunt...

And who says you can't have fun with the script while moving the stories and characters along? It's very possible, but Reilly is such a hack that he didn't. And now the show is canceled. HALLELUJAH!

Bring on more today!

ANDREA

• Members

again, I disagree. the signs were there. rock/pop music (not rap), choker, OBSESSED with love stories and true love couples -- that was Chad in the beginning. With tight shirts. REALLY tight shirts. And that choker. That choker.

Sexual addiction is a perversion much like incest. IT's about thepleasure, not the person.

Again, I get it. I don't see how it's out of left field.

Archived