Another World Thread

• Members

I think I remember hearing that SoapNet is currently airing 1991.

I'm really enjoying the show. I'm upset I never watched it before. I remember getting into it towards the end of the show's run back in he late 90s. And I know there are other fans on SON that love the show. Lets start discussing this great show! :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He was the Stefano DiMera of AW, but he was better utilized than Stefano. He never became cartoonish, and was even allowed to marry the central heroine on the show and they became a very popular couple. And he was still able to hold on to his edge.

He became a more complex villian - anti-hero than Stefano will ever be able to be at Days.

AW did some things wrong but they knew how to write Carl and how to use him.

• Members

Anna Stuart and Donna are classic. Love her.

I'm excited for the return of Carl. I watched AW after they had shamelessly gotten rid of him after watering him down.

Isn't Donna Swajeski the head writer at the moment? I think she lasted until 1994/1995 right and then Phelps evil reign started... We've still got a ways to go for that, thankfully.

• Members

DS is a great HW! I haven't been thrilled with everything but she really made the show GREAT.

It just really blows at how Phelps comes right in and totally trashes it by breaking up popular couples, recasting children, giving us annoying couples and triangles that don't make sense, the trashing of characters, the inane stories ... sigh.

Archived