DAYS: Thursday, February 22

• Members

It was his first freaking day! :lol: Give him a break. He didn't have much of anything to act on, so how can emotion even be there? He did very well with the part he was playing. I think people are just letting the fact that he's a "newbie" or even the fact that he's Willow's brother blind them from having an open mind.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Besides, Jed hasn't even got a character yet. He will be building a character. It's new to everyone. Since the young, newbies appeal to me (they are the present not the past), I am really looking forward to how he develops. Hopefully he will be a good guy as I'm not wanting Abby around a bad guy even Max.

• Administrator

I didn't like how Max suddenly turned off his feelings for Mimi and how Max kept wanting Abby to call him back. Max having a crush on Abby after he broke up with Chelsea was BS. There's no need to create these fake feelings.

• Members

I don't think he ever had feelings for her. She was rebound relationship, much like Stephanie was. Between his breakup with Chelsea and nearly dying in a racecar accident6, I think he just needed someone. Both Mimi and him were vulnerable as she had her messy breakup with Shawn. He got dragged into her life and it was an escape. Now he is fedup with it. She is relying on him too much and he has gotten dragged into alot of stuff because of her. Yes, he chose to do all that but still. His conversation with Abby last week showed that he had interest in Abby but the fact that he didn't know if she was interested and the fact that Chelsea is her friend made him stay away. Now that he knows she is interested, he is starting to make his move. We saw today how fedup he was. He agreed to help Mimi but his face and body language said otherwise. He just seemed frustrated and you can feel that he wants to distance himself from her and the messes she is in. Mimi was just a fling. They both needed someone and circumstances and emotions brought them together. Now reality is hitting and it is becoming apparent that it's not something that will last.

Loved Max's awkwardness when asking Nick to say hi to Abby and when he lied to Mimi about work and called Abby. I am liking the slow build to MABY.

I don't like Jed. He seems to generic. However, the actor wasn't horrible. I have seen worse first days. The problem was he was flat. He sounded like he was just saying his lines. He wasn't adding anything special or evoking. It was just saying the lines and that was it. He actually looked bored but he was probably nervous. I don't see Jed as a long standing character, which is why I am glad he is recurring. He will be ok as a complication and a short-term character but nothing more. His scenes with Abby and Chelsea were fine. Ashley is just beautiful and I love seeing Abby so much.

Chelsea and Nick's story is one of my faves right now. Berris and Melvin are just great and I love her making him jealous and his dropping things. Dr. Rebert is creepy and the creepiness is what protects the actor. He isn't very good but the creepy factor makes him seem better. I like that character can now use Nick for all their DNA needs :lol: . I liked his scenes with Max though.

Judi Evans was fantastic today. I really hope she returns someday because she was wasted for 4 years. I like her doing comedy but she is an awesome crier and so great at emotional stuff. FF was so bad. I hate how she keeps getting all this emotional stuff and she just doesn't emote. Sometimes she raises her game in scenes with Judi but not today. Liked seeing Roman interact with them and with Max. I liked the setup for the next twist in the Mimi/Bonnie story too.

The Belle/Shawn/Willow/Philip stuff was good today because we had action. JKJ is doing a fine job and so are BB and MM. I was glad they had that scene where Belle worried about Claire getting hurt or falling out of their arms. Claire's safety was a concern of many when we read this would happen and I like that Belle and Shawn thought about. It also raised the trust issue between them as a family when Shawn asked her to trust him. Good ending there.

Last but not least...and I know Drew is going to love this...after hating her at first and then tolerating her...

I loved Willow today. I love that she helped Shawn and Belle. It makes you wonder about her motivations. I also liked that end scene where she said she couldn't wait for Philip to handle her later. Now that she is getting material and the story is moving, I like her. Now I loved her today but they need to keep utilizing her the way they are. She seemed one note to me before but today I began to see layers. That is very important and that is why I loved her today. Hope it keeps up.

Ok show today. Tomarrow looks good so, hopefully, we can cap off a solid week right.

• Members

Mimi and Max didn't fall into each others arms. They evolved and it was a time everyone was saying they were glad that it was a slow moving romance. I remember it well. I thought it was too soon after Shawn for Mimi, but it wasn't turn around romance for either Max or Mimi and once they had a few adventures together they grew really close. Max looked into Mimi's eyes and asked her what was happening here. They began admitting their feelings and Max wanted Mimi to move in with him but she wouldn't. Abby was never even a moot point with him. That Christmas card said exactly how he felt....she was a perfect little sister. That's all he even considered. This rewrite of history really irks me. I think it's a horrid thing to do to Max at this stage of the game, too. Most fans don't have a short memory and are really upset about him just as I am.

• Administrator

I agree. With the restaurant scenes and today's scenes, I was like WTF where is this coming from.

I expected better from Hogan and Meg because they started Max/Mimi and Nick/Chelsea very well. Max/Abby are not off to a good start. I don't like this instant crush Max has on Abby.

• Members

Evolved? Where? When they met for the first time, flirted for one day and then became boyfriend and girlfriend a week later? Seriously.

We've seen Max eying Abby since they met, it's not rewritten, it's actually progressed since 2005. It's gotta be one of the slowest progressing romances in daytime. We saw the awkward moments, the looks, stares and heart to hearts. It wasen't "Hi, I've never actually interracted with you before, but apparantly we've been BFFs or something, so hey, let's get kidnapped and share cheesy scenes and come out of it boyfriend and girlfriend"... They're friends, she's the only female he's actually talked to about things that matters to him.

IMO, it's a beautiful build up, and the build up always dictates the story. That's how one knew Max and Mimi would be over as soon as it started. There was no build up. It was a rebound.

• Members

ITA. Max and Abby are not an insta-couple like Max and Mimi were. It's a classic DAYS romance, with the gradual build-up to admitting feelings, then the all-out romance later. The show has been doing stories like this since they first came on the air. I find it laughable that Jean, who says she's been a fan since 1967, doesn't get it.

Anyway, it won't be long til Mimi is gone anyway. Once again, Farah was terrible. Judi Evans is crying, putting on a pretty good show, and Farah can't muster any tears or emotion of sadness and despair. March 1st can't come too fast for me.

As for Jed, he was horrible today. He better improve. Can you imagine how much better this scene would have been if Connor would have met Abby for the first time? Noah Segan had so much energy in his short time on the show, I'm sure Connor and Abby would have been a hit. Unfortunately, the writers are insistent on building up Willow's character. Until TPTB get smart and decide she's not worth the time, we're stuck. I wonder how much longer til we see Mr. or Mrs. Stark. :unsure:

• Members

Not feeling Jed. He's way too stiff and he needs to SPEAK UP! I had to pump up the volume to listen.

And WTF at Shawn and Belle jumping off the ship? Forget that it's the middle of the night, the water is VERY cold, it's so dark who knows if they'll fall INTO the raft and the fall alone...

• Members

I loved the show. Days is must see once more.

Willow showed she had more than just a purpose by letting Shelle excape with Claire. I think she may have some latent feelings for Shawn and really doesn't want to kick him in the balls with her stilletto's. She's still trash, but good looking out.

Mimi's scenes were horrible. I can't wait until she's off my screen. I don't care about her or her problems. It was so funny to watch Max give her the brush off in favor of Abby. Speaking of Abby, she's working her mojo. I loved her telling off Jed and his friends. The actor is alright, but he looks just like Will. He needs a haircut. Now.

Chelsea needs to give poor Nick a break. The guy meant no harm but the doctor sure does. What an ass.

Archived