Y&R: Spoilers for wk of Feb. 19th

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Allison Stewart from ATWT. The "new" Allison debuts on Y&R for one day with Amber apparently, before making her way back to Oakdale in a few weeks. I don't really get the connection here or why they felt the need to introduce a recast on another show! No one knows her on Y&R, even if they watch ATWT.

• Members

This has to be the dumbest spoiler I ever heard! How convuluted is this piece of [!@#$%^&*]??!! LML has got to go b/c she is seriously sinking this show into the ground. And why bring ali back on Y&R FIRST? ummm....if no one watches ATWT, who would make that connection that she is the Ali from Oakdale..in a new face? It was different when Christian LeBlanc crossed over to ATWT (albeit I was hoping he was going to return as Kirk McColl), but that is just ass-backwards! Shouldn't this story be about Jill/Kay...when did Amber Moore become the star of it?? With Rick being back, Amber can go back to Los Angeles in her element.

• Members

Okay, I'm mostly a lurker here. I enjoy the site a lot, although I find a lot of the anti-LML histrionics too strong for my taste. I am a lifelong Y&R fan (since 1973), and for the most part I LIKED the LML changes. They were stronger in the Summer of 2006 (Victor's epilepsy, early days of the reliquary story)...but the show needed some energizing (in my view). I like that so many of the stories in this new regime are rooted in history (Brad's cipher past, Victor and Jack's emnity, Jill and Kay's emnity, Dru's long-hidden secret from Neil, etc.).

However, that's not the point of this post.

This story--which many are decrying as plot-driven drivel--DIRECTLY mirrors two earlier Y&R stories.

(1) Kay drugs/drunkens Derek Thurston, so he wakes up married to her (instead of his true love, Jill). Kay then traps him in the marriage by saying "If you stay with me for a year, I will financially provide for Jill's son Phillip. Derek, then still a decent guy (he later became a money-grubbing evil guy), agreed.

(2) Cassandra gets Brad Carlton drunk, then jets to Las Vegas to marry him. He is incensed, and wants a divorce. However, Cassandra dies before that happens, so that Brad becomes the (unrightful) heir to the Rawlings fortune (a bequest Cassandra would have hoped Paul to have).

Now, I grant you that the extra brilliance (my words!) of bringing in a cross-dressing angle, and bringing in a cross-over angle (reintroducing a legacy character for ATWT) is delicious. If this "Allison" is interesting and funny in the role, I _could_ imagine following her to ATWT (a show I have never watched).

To my eyes, these are bold, dynamic strategies---AND (as points 1 & 2 above suggest) they are entirely consistent with 34 years of Y&R history and the Bill Bell style.

And no, I'm not on LML/Sony/Bell/CBS' payroll :-).

• Members

But why would ATWT want to put Alison Stewart, or B&B want to put Amber Moore, in a league with a villainous old drunk (Kay at the time) or a virtual nobody(Cassandra Whoever)? If Y&R wants turn "legacy characters" into cross dressing, pill dropping, con artists, then they should stick with their own cast. I forgot, Y&R can't do that, because they have the nasty habit of killing off their young. Well, that isn't B&B or ATWT's problem, and they should not let Y&R trash their characters. (I am still mad about Cassie's death, and nope, I am in no hurry to get over it.)

Archived