All: Which soaps will be around in 5 years?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Paul Davidson of USA TODAY announced on 2/4/07 that Jeff Zucker was promoted to the position of CEO of NBC Universal. Zucker is replacing Bob Wright, who headed the network for 21 years. This is proof enough for me that DOOL is indeed cancelled & that it will not air past 12/31/09. Zucker has commented numerous times about NBC putting an end to their daytime lineup which has been dragging them down for more than a decade. He hasn't hidden his true feelings about his network's piss poor performance in the daytime department. Do you really think that Zucker is going to hold onto a failed daytime sked when daytime as a whole continues to reach record low viewership? Look at what happened to PSN. I rest my case.

What's Ken Corday gonna do now? I have no doubt that Hogan Sheffer will find gainful employment once the show is gone. Who's truly responsible for the demise of DOOL, both creatively & commercially? K. Corday? B. Wright? J. Zucker? The top brass at Sony Pictures Television? J. E. Reilly? T. Langan?

DOOL: 65-09 (If Zucker & others have their way: 65-08)

Archived