GH: Actors Speak out about Firing of Vet

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is clear to me that most of the hold-overs from the Riche days clearly prefer her and miss her. She had a great rep in the soap business, she made GH dominate the Daytime Emmys in the 90s, and she got great ratings for the venerable show. Why in the world was she fired, and why in the world hasn't another soap snatched her up?!

• Members

OLTL is still the only ABC soap who hasn't lost a long time standing vet, instead they are re-signing them to contracts and promising them stories.

Meanwhile GH and AMC are firing vets left right and centre.

I applaud Leslie and Tony Geary. His comment rings so true with the state of ABC daytime. If your a vet, you go to work everyday thinking in the back of your mind, is this the day they tell me I am fired.

Bastards!

• Members

don't forget Y&R...it's right up there. First Jerry Douglas, then Eileen Davidson and now VR has asked to be let out.

It's terrible that Guza is so consumed with MB and SB and all that mob crap. I have always loved the Q's and they were always my favorite part of GH.

Ned, Lois, Alan and Monica. I miss all the family fighting and interaction they had with each other. This is just despicable.

• Members

Don't forget Justus, AJ and Brooke Lynn too. They are gone. There needs to be a core families on every show and the Q's were the best. Who's going to be the patriarch, Jason? I don't think so.

It's really sad that Tony Geary is worried about his job. He must make a lot of money for GH and the fact that he is worried scares the crap out of me. Frons is an ass who needs to learn how to respect the veterans.

• Members

Kudos to LC for speaking out... I hope she isn't next.

GH is not worth watching anymore.

Oh - also about JFP - LK posted on her board that Jill basically came up to her and said that "if you think GH is your place to shine, it never will be."

I hate that cow JFP she lets everything slip through her fingers and ruins everyone. She's a soap mafioso.

Whatever - I hope SD can find something, even for someone his age. The soaps are going to hell.

• Members

I'm glad you pointed that out, Tz.

Leslie, while she should be applauded for most of her comments, was HORRIBLY WRONG for quoting a PRIVATE comment. Tony must be LIVID with her for this. If he did lose his job, he frankly would have grounds for a lawsuit. I hate to say it but she did compromise his right to privacy -- and potentially place his job in a vulnerable position.

• Members

I have to add something: far too many people think they can spout off like Leslie did. They see it on TV, how one character says "Oh, so and so said this the other day..." and they think it's okay. But people, it is NEVER, NEVER okay to say, "Oh, Jan told me yesterday that she had sex with Dick, Harry and Mr. Johnson last weekend." That's violating Jan's right to privacy -- in this example, to be a slut, it seems. Please, if you take ANYTHING away from this interview, LEARN that what Leslie did in the interview was not okay. And shame on the mag, if true, for making a pull quote out of HEARSAY! Who's to say he even said that? It's likely he did,but still...that's poor journalism.

• Members

Exactly. He's voiced comments that are just as forthright over the years, anyway. He's never hesitated to criticize TIIC loudly. Ironically, though, his comment about "all vets over 40 should know where their coats are" probably doesn't apply to him IRL. Tony Geary has been GH's moneymaker for years. They accomodate him for his vacations and with generous contracts. So, really, of all the people who should be in fear for their livelihood over there, he is WAY far down Frons's list of "Who to Fire."

Archived