B&B: Eileen Davidson signs contract...

• Members

At this point would LS return make a difference? Vivian left on a low note, with very little popularity and her character become pointless in many ways. Hogan is not really writing for Steve and Kayla that much either, everything they do surrounds the youngsters. Shelle have been going around in this circle and now Willow is becoming this major character. Nick and Chelsea are on way too much. And not bringing on Eileen to focus on characters we already have?? Not happening at all. John's been in a coma, Marlena's time has been reduced because of that, Hope is on rarely the show is balanced more yes but the younger group is definitely taking the front and center. This is not how DAYS should go out.. really...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If there's one thing I've noticed since Hogan's taken over as headwriter, he shifts stories from back to frontburner pretty frequently. One month, one character's story will be frontburner... the next month, it takes a backseat while someone else gets a chance to have lead story. January just so happened to be a month with the younger generation on the front burner. At one point last year, the majority of them were seen rather infrequently.

I'm just glad that I LIKE the younger generation now. Abby, Max, Nick, Chelsea... I'm loving them all. Even Shawn/Belle. And I'm getting enough of the veterans to be perfectly content. Look around at other soaps. Days is veteran RICH -- it's almost an embarassment of riches. So no arguments from me. I really cannot complain.

• Members

I am not giving Corday or Days any more credit then they deserve. I have always been critical of Corday. Corday is known for bringing back familiar faces when the oppotunity arises and when he thinks it will benefit the show. We know they are on a tight budget. How do you know his hands weren't tied? He knows ED would result in some sort of ratings increase (may not be a big one but still) so common sense says he would love to bring back former faves like her if he could. I think people are too quick to blame Days here when we don't know what the circumstances behind this is. One poster here said that the deal with ED was already set in stone at her goodbye party from Y&R. If that was the case, how do we know that she didn't already have her sights on B&B? It's a half hour show afterall. her interview said she would entertain offers. She never blantantly came out and said she was interested in Days. She came off like she did and she sounded interested in what was going on over there and that is it.

I love ED and wanted her back but Days isn't going to die without her. The new characters have nothing to do with this. The show needs new blood too. Returns have not helped Days that much (take a look at Steve, Kayla, Austin, Carrie, etc.). The writing will bring the ratings. Period. Returns bomb without good writing.

• Members

IA that returns bomb without good writing but bringing in new characters doesn't help either. I don't believe anything about Corday's hands being tied, he was OPENLY, and published, in talks with Joseph Mascolo to return for MONTHS. That means he had the $$, and the intention. He has let go of many cast members, including Renee Jones an african american veteran of the show. How tied can his hands be when with that he has hired 2 more actors and several recurring (or whatever). I don't believe in any of that tied hands BS. That's all it is. Kristen not returning is certainly not the death of the show but it is a big opportunity wasted and that's all DAYS seems like now, opportunities wasted. The special effects are not going away and things are not just all peachy.

• Members

Ridge, he only wanted Joe back for two episodes. There was no other story beyond that so the money argument doesn't fly there. They never wanted Joe back long term so that can't be brought up. If anything, that makes it clear that NBC has Days ona tight budget because if they had the money they would bring him back long-term. Corday likes Joe and certainly has bright big names back in the past.

RJ may not be gone for good and the door is very wide open. Corday made no secret of that. I don't want to discuss the new characters because they are cheap and you already know my feelings on that.

Yes, it is an opportunity wasted but how do we know if Days could afford it? We really don't so it's unfair to blame Days. Think about this-if they never called her wouldn't that say they knew they couldn't bring her in because of the budget? Normally, they would at least call her up and ask her price so that, to me, says that Days knows they can't spend that kind of cash right now. NBC probably has them on a strict budget with little wiggle room. Days is notorious for bringing fan faves back so it's strange that they didn't go after ED or push harder for Joe. That is why I can't come out and blame them when the budget may very well be the issue and that is out of their hands.

• Members

That's a good thing. LML wouldn't be able to write any better for her than she did for Eileen. Eileen is very talented, it's not like she wasn't worth bothering to write for. The only actor LML wants to feature on her Y&R is Michelle Stafford.

• Members

Well, I'm just going to hope B&B/Brad Bell's notorious reputation for getting big name actors and then losing them after only a few months works out for me on this one. On the bright side, at least ED wasn't snatched by GH or back to Y&R, who you KNOW wouldn't let go of her.

As for Vivian, I really hope it's true, but after this mess with ED, I can't afford to get my hopes up like that again.

• Members

Eileen Davidson to B&B

In a stunning move, ED is reprising the role of Ashley Abbott - on B&B! "Brad (Bell) called me at home," explains ED. "I actually sealed the deal on the same day that I had my last air show on Y&R. So that was weird He spoke with so much passion. I told him that he reminded me of the way his dad spoke about the character when he was alive."

ED, who's under contract, was scheduled to tape her first episode the first week of February. "Ashley comes to help the Forresters launch a new fragrance for their new line," shares ED. "It makes sense. Ashley was even mentioning the Forresters in a few episodes before I was let go. It's fun to have a second chance at her. And Brad Bell knows Ashley better than a lot of people on Y&R know her."

Archived