ATWT: Thursday Jan 25th discussion

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay. Now, I'm sympathizing with Katie. She really WAS gonna go show Mike the letter...just not yet. Heck, they just got back together and after she bounced the baby idea off of him (and she saw how he reacted), she's using her better judgement to find the right time to reveal the letter. And now this whole letter is gonna probably be the end of the Matie romance. *furious face* I hate TPTB! They better re-cast Mike....with someone who can actually ACT<<we know how lousy the casting dept. has been of late! (Someone like Shawn Christian)

Why the heck didn't Meg write down all those allergies.... *slaps hand to forehead* Duh, loser! You're a nurse and yes, you might think she's a hypochondriac, but what if she isn't and she really IS allergic to all that? She could die...............................................................Oh wait. She did :mellow:

And why did Craig just stand in the doorway for so long? If I were him, (thank God I'm not), I would have jumped at the guy first thing. Also, some very unrealistic stuff. No idiot leaves the door unlocked while he's taken someone hostage. And no idiot turns his back to the unlocked door. :rolleyes: Now, we're going to have to go through another 5 boring months of story revolving around "what Craig did for Meg" and how she "owes him". Not to mention another crime Craig won't have to pay for? Speaking of....the fight between the men was ridiculously choreographed.

Casey/Gwen/Maddie/Adam: ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............................................

The upside: Liked seeing Barbara (CZP) for five seconds and literally, like three lines. And Daniel's cute. A little cheesy, but he's alot better than Parker, who's about to blow someone up and grow a mustache any day now....

• Members

I agree about Barbara it has been great seeing her, it seems like she has been on alot more lately, my only downside is that they need to get her into her own story and take her out of this Paul storyline, I totally hate JP for turning Barbara into nothing but a sidekick to Paul's neverending Drama, I understand she is his mother, but CZP is so much better than the material they are giving her and she needs her own story.

I am also enjoying the Tom and Margo airtime, but again I feel that is not there story it is Gwen/Will/Casey's storyline and they are just sidekicks to it, so again they need there own storyline without the kids, as much as I love the family scenes and I do, I am just sick of seeing Casey/Will/Gwen/Adam/Tom/Margo all in the same room together show after show with nothing really new happening.

I say it is time to put Emily/Paul/Craig/Dusty/Katie/Will/Gwen all on backburner and bring Tom/Margo/Barbara/Luke/Kim/Bob/Lisa/Dallas/Jade and other characters off the backburner or sidekick stage. I really think the show would be so much better if we saw the other characters in new storylines instead of the same old characters doing the same old things day after day.

• Members

I just don't have any sympathy for Katie...not one shred...She can call everyone else out for their keeping secrets, but she's the Queen of Secret keeping...In a way, I'm glad Mike is walking away from her.

Tired of all the teens..boring....So, this is Craig's latest opportunity to 'shine' in Meg's eyes? Big deal. Tired of him as well. However, Meg's storyline for today was the only thing that kept me interested and focused.

• Members

I thought today sucked. Who the hell is this crazed man and why does he get more airtime than Luke? The show revolves around all the wrong people.

Barbara was only there so she can run back to Paul tomorrow and tell him what happened. I hate that this amazing character is just a bit player in the Paul/Meg/Craig saga.

Katie/Simon got more flashbacks today than ATWT did for their 50th anniversary. Someone needs to get a clue. Paul Leyden is a great guy and good looking but let it go (that is meant for both Katie and TPTB).

Wasn't a good idea to watch ATWT after the excellent GL episode.

• Members

Great post Roger. I am to the point where I dont care anymore. If they refuse to make changes then it will reflect in the ratings like it has recently. Until major changes are made ATWT will continue to suffer in the ratings. I wouldnt be surprised to see GL pass them next week. What an embrassment that would be for ATWT.

• Members

You're basically given only a few choices: Watch Paul and his visions; Watch the teens get themselves in yet another mess; seeing Katie cry over who she wants to truly be with/keeping things from Mike again, or watch Craig become a menance to all those that cross his path.. Hmmm, rather boring if you ask me

• Members

The little dude that plays Daniel....SHUT IT. I know he is a kid, but JESUS he is SO annoying and not in a cute way at all.

I like Casey, and I found him sort of hot today lol. But duuude, your fingerprints are all over that pla...oh nevermind the Jokedale police will never bother dusting for fingerprints anyway.

I hate "NuAdam's" speech pattern.

Is it just me or did Ross Partridge do a good job as the psycho husband? He engaged me in those scenes. He was pretty damn good, just need a little more polishing and he could be great. I only wish CZP could have been a bigger part of it too.

Katie and the letter was just dumb.

• Members

Today was fine, but not remarkable. I was disappointed that Bob was neither at the hospital dealing with the crisis, nor at the family dinner. (And what was Gwen doing at the family dinner? Much rather Kim, Nancy, or Lisa were there.) Daniel is great -- overreacting at everything just like I imagine Emily Stewart's son would do. Maddie was being mean about Jade again (and Maddie is going to be wrong this time! ha!), which is true to Maddie's hypocritical judgmental character and keeps me from liking Maddie.

I hope Gary Sunshine is not being trained as head writer ... He was listed again in the credits today in the breakdown writer section, and I think he could well be behind the "weird" pyschic Paul stuff lately becuase he started being credited in late December right around the time that Paul was in the car crash. Looking at a summary of his work posted here awhile ago, his plays are often about normal people gone violent, like the guy in the hospital today. It was good writing for that character, and compelling -- just not something I want to see for a whole year.

Passanante's writing is dark and twisted enough, Sunshine might be even darker!

Archived