AMC: SOW Spoilers

• Members

Credit to Jules at the Z/K board:

Week of Jan. 29: JR tells Babe he wants her back.

Zach and Kendall set a trap for the killer.

Maggie has a warning for Zoe.

Tad bonds with Kathy again.

Can't Miss: Monday, Jan. 29: Ryan to Annie: "I'm the father!"

Week of Feb. 5: Zach remembers more about the day his mother died. Babe and JR end up further apart than ever. Ryan and Tad hatch a plan to catch the killer.

The main story is So Long, Dixie

Dixie dies (for real) this week on AMC after eating poisoned pancakes meant for Babe.

JR and Babe are there when she collapses. "JR begs her to hold on," previews Dixie's portrayer, Cady McClain, "and they take her to the hospital."

Joe and Jeff frantically try to save her just as Tad arrives. "Tad tells her he loves her, and she whispers back, 'Forever,'" recounts McClain.

Sadly, the heart of Dixie stops beating. "Joe comes out and announces he killed yet another person, but this time it means something because it was somebody we like," says Justin Breuning, who plays Dixie's stepson, Jamie. "Once Joe says Dixie is dead, Jamie doesn't know what to do. Tad just walks over to the window, looks at her and goes to leave."

The rest of the family stays put. "Jamie tries so hard to be strong, but when they take him in to see the body, he loses it," says Breuning. "Everyone says their goodbyes, but Jamie never does. He can't face that. Dixie was like a mother to him. I bawled for eight hours. I had to fight not to cry!"

Especially when Dixie's wishing-star necklace is given back to her kids. "JR and Babe are together by Dixie's body and Jamie is turned away," describes Breuning. "Then you see Dixie's spirit walk into the room."

"We'll call her angel Dixie," adds McClain. "JR and Jamie feel a sort of presence. It's comforting."

And then?

"That's all I can tell you, because I wasn't invited to the funeral," quips McClain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under Hit or Miss, Zoe is a Miss (no pun intended), citing bad dialogue, cliches, and the fact that the story insults its viewers by trying to have it both ways: Binks is a lesbian, but because Zoe is still a man, played by a man, the story doesn't condone homosexuality. The acting is terrific, but JC was apparently told to play the rock star as overly stilted and artificial with a fake British accent, which doesn't add to Zoe's appeal.

Mail Call: Jack and Erica belong together. Jeff needs to go back to Africa.

Two letters were printed: one was pro-T&D, and the other was critical of Zoe/Zarf.

In: Malachy McCourt (Father Clarence): Look for McCourt to make an out-of-season appearance this week when Father Clarence offers little Kathy some words of wisdom.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Angela at New Beginings also typed up parts of Cady's interview:

http://p206.ezboard.com/fbabeandbiancafanf...picID=928.topic

WEEKLY: Did AMC really fire you?

McClain: Yes. Dixie's time has come to an end.

WEEKLY: What did they say to you?

McClain: That Dixie was going to die, that it was a creative decision they felt compelled to make, and that Dixie had three weeks to live. If I could have convinced them to decide otherwise, I would have.

WEEKLY: They didn't try to negotiate with you?

McClain: No. But despite their choice to do this, I wish the show every success. It is a wonderful cast of good-hearted actors, and a fantastic and committed production crew.

WEEKLY: Do you think there was anything you could have done to change this?

McClain: I don't think so.

WEEKLY: Would you have agreed to come back last year if you had known this was how it was going to end?

McClain: No. I don't think I ever would have agreed to come back if I had known ahead of time that this was going to be the wya things turned out. I feel so grateful for the investment the audience made in these characters over the years, and I wish things were different - for them especially.

WEEKLY: What's your overall feeling about AMC now?

McClain: Despite this sad ending. I look back and recognize that I have been treated incredibly well by ABC. They gave me opportunities that I never would have had if I hadn't returned.

[she explains like what...]

WEEKLY: Do you have a favorite storyline?

McClain: I am not sure there was one, but I can say that my favorite thing and the BEST thing in all my years were the moments of quality with Michael Knight when we had our "dynamic" going on. When our timing was beyond sweet, the chemistry was sparkling, and the work was exciting and fun. That gives me a sense of pride. It was something I fought for, and I am glad we had those moments.

[What ending would you have written for Dixie? she makes a shoe comment to answer...Who will you keep in touch with?]

WEEKLY: Anything you want to say to the execs?

McClain: [she thanks Frons and Carruthers for the blog, long]... So I thank Brian and Julie for that opportunity.

WEEKLY: I feel a "but" coming...

McClain [laughs]: You're right. How can I say this?

WEEKLY: Honestly.

McClain: Although I really enjoyed working with Julie, and I feel she is one of the kindest producers I have ever worked with, I want it to be clear that there was no negotiation of any kind. This was not a financial situation that I turned down. I was told the way things were going to be. Very kindly, but absolutely.

WEEKLY: Does this leave a bad taste in your mouth about daytime in general?...

McClain: No...I embrace the change and the opportunity inherent in that change. I believe in the medium of daytime TV, and it's lasting ability to tell enlightening and touching stories with a focus on women's issues. I honestly think it's possible for soaps to continue generation after generation.

[she discusses her plans, her gigs]

WEEKLY: Any last words?

McClain: I sincerely and deeply hope that All My Children will be around for my children to be entertained and guided by, just as I was as a little girl with my Mom by my side. And I am grateful for the opportunity to have been a small part of its long tradition.

[Hunt Block in a side bar gives a recipe for Peanut Butter-Banana Pancakes, heh]

• Members

I dunno what to think. Sounds like JHC was dipping into MMT's stash the day the fired Cady, and got a bad batch.

Createive? Creative? Try. stupid and desperate. Idiots.

The Jamie and JR stuff is going to be good though. I have lots of scenes when they were little boys, growing up together, with Tad and Dixie. Jamie was always the one who seemed to stay emotionally dettached from family in a lot of ways, so this will give us a chance (if there is a bright side to this [!@#$%^&*]) to see them as brothers and a family again.

She whsipers "forever" to Tad? OMG. That's gonna make me cry just reading it.

Kate needs that necklace. Hear that TrashBag, I want to see Tad, JR, Jamie, give Kate that necklace. And for her to wear it for the rest of her days in PV.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It still doesn't seem real.

• Members

I am going to cry so much, I know it. The first time Dixie died was already too much for me, and we never had the closure that we'll have with this death. Together Forever, oh geez Mek and Cady are going hit this one out of the ball park.

I always loved the mixed Tad/Dixie family. Jamie and JR were such great brothers to each other growing up. I wish Dixie had more of a chance to repair their broken fraternity. Dixie has always been like a mother to Jamie. I still remember the scene where Brooke told Dixie the truth about Jamie, and later Brooke asking her to be Dixie's Godmother... I wish Julia Barr was still here. She was amazing during Dixie's first death too.

• Members

I usually shake my head everytime Alexa Havins opens her mouth, so I really don't take what she says seriously anymore! :blink: Also Babe hatches a revenge plan against JR shortly after his mother's death? Wow, she sure is all heart! Nevermind, that JR wouldn't even be plotting against her to begin with, if he hadn't caught her sucking face with Josh for the umpteenth! Whatever! :rolleyes:

Archived