Passions: Actors on other Soaps

• Members

HELL NO!

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. NO.

I'm not even sure why I think she would be so HORRIBLE in the role, because she's not too old for Abe... but she just seems so old compared to Renee Jones. NO. Oh God, I would just die. I don't like her at all. And as Celeste's daughter? Oh my God, it would just never, ever, ever work.

Maybe Tonya Lee Williams? Renee Jones could play Olivia on Y&R and TLW could play Lexie on Days, LoL. A little switcheroo!

What is it with black women in daytime only being doctors, anyway? Olivia's a doctor on Y&R, Lexie's a doctor on Days, Eve's a doctor on Y&R. Who else? Anybody?

In my mind, though, there's only one Alexandra DiMera Carver...

renee_jones.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JER is no longer a consultant on DAYS that was merely a contract issue I believe over the summer where he had to remain in the credits until the end or something stupid like that. His name hasn't been in the credits since at least October when Sheffer's stuff started airing.

• Members

Hey now. I've crafted my own little reality, with respect to Passions, and in that reality McCarty is still there. And in my reality she's coveted on any show in need of a crazy [!@#$%^&*], because she's awesome as that type of character. I've seen her other...we'll call it "work," and she's not nearly as entertaining.

I kind of agree with you on the look. Days actors, in recent years (though not so much lately) have a bit more...it's more superficial beauty, imho. And she's beautiful, but in a more model-y something's wrong kind of way.

Truthfully? Word. Word! I'm going to miss Renee Jones like crazy.

I would hate Ross on Days as Lexie. I love her as Eve. But Eve doesn't require the kind of softness and vulnerability and decent hair that Lexie has-- and that Jones provides.

And clearly black women in daytime need to be doctors because TPTB are using them to make some kind of statement, showing that they'll hire a non-blonde and that they'll give them a substantial, non-villainess (and therefore stereotypical by showing black characters as evil) role. Speakind of...I miss Dominique Jennings, Virignia the turkey baster lady from SuBe.

• Members

Renee Jones IS Lexie to me.

Ross would not be a good Lexie. She is an ok actress but not good enough for Lexie IMO. Tonya Lee Williams would be ok but still...Renee for me. It would be so hard to imagine or see anyone else in that role. That would be wrong if Corday did recast her in my mind because she is one actress who would return for less money. She made it clear she didn't want to do another soap and that Days was the one for her so I think she would return if called on.

Dominique Jennings should be picked up. She rocked. Why she isn't on another soap is beyond me.

• Members

why do people always say that Dominique was daytime's first black b-tch and/or villianess? That honor belongs to Taylor Canon from AMC

Aas far as roles Id like to see the cast in....

Heidi Mueller would make a good recast to Natalia Livingston's Emily on GH

Emily Harper as OLTL's Sarah Roberts or AMC as a Greenlee's cousin, a new character or B&B's Bridget Forrester

Brook Kerr as AMC's Taylor Canon

• Members

Andrea Evans ain't going back to OLTL. First of all, she has stated the chance of her moving back to NYC is slim to none because of the whole stalker thing she went through. Andrea also stayed with Passions for so long because they were ok with her not having a contract so she could do her speaking engagements about Breast Cancer. I don't see Frons being as accommodating.

• Members

I can see Lindsay Hartley leaving daytime all together and ending up on a new FOX or CW show this coming season.

Emily Harper & Heidi Mueller will get snatched up by another soap.

Kim Johnston Ulrich will go back to primetime guest roles.

Juliet Mills will go back to theater and film.

Ben Masters will go back to primetime guest roles and theater.

As for the rest, No clue?

• Members

I totally agree about Emily Harper as Bridget Forrester. I thought she'd be perfect for that role and far more age appropriate, looks wise. I also think they could bring on Lindsay Hartley as a new fashion designer/love interest for Rick who'd be a Nicole Walker type character.

Archived