Passions: Actors on other Soaps

• Members

I think most would stay...for a TRIAL period until they could land something better

According to the Media Life article, the cast would have to be reduced by a lot. The main three storylines probably would still receive the bulk of screentime, but the performers in those three storylines have the best chances of landing other gigs...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Drew is totally right. I think the recasts were one of Passion's biggest issues. Once in awhile, they found a good replacement or an even better actor then the original portrayer but most times the recasts sucked.

Honestly, if the show goes to the net only, I can see most of the cast not staying with it. The paychecks and lack of exposure would be major drawbacks.

If it somehow has a miracle and gets on another network, then maybe some will stay.

Lindsey Hartley is going to be the one everyone goes after. Her and Emily Harper. They are both in the right age bracket the networks like and have the right look to them. Hartley can go the route of her husband and so primetime and film but she always said she liked daytime because of the schedule. I would love her on Days because I love her but I do agree that B&B would suit her right. I don't want her on ABC though.

Harper I could definitely see at Days sometime. She does have the look and could mingle with the young cast. NBC clearly loves her as she has had the clothing line and now an online site devoted to her character. Passions was pushing her big time in 2006 so I could see her on Days.

Silvana on OLTL would be a nice fit. Juliet Mills will go back to broadway and film. I can't see her doing anymore daytime. Ulrich and Evans I think could go to any of the CBS soaps. I don't know if Evans would do OLTL again but I would love it if she did.

Masters will retire. He said he would in an interview with SOD in the fall. He said Passions was his last acting job and, if it ever went off, he would be done. If it stayed on the air, he would stay at the show so Ben will just retire. Tracey Ross is an ok actress so I could see her turning up in a supporting role on an ABC soap.

Brook Kerr and Cathy Doe are very talented and I would love for any soap to hire them.

Liza Huber is hard to figure. She once said she didn't want to be compared and constantly lumped in with her mother so I don't think she would do AMC. AMC would probably go after her. I could see her on another ABC show though.

I want to see Nicole Cox on something too. She is a better actress then many of the Passions recasts and she is only a toddler. :lol:

Jared Stevenson will find work. He's already done primetime before Passions. Mueller will find work too as she is young and gorgeous. ABC will be a good fit for her.

Tamargo, Hyde, and Van Johnson I have no clue. I love Eva Tamargo so anywhere she goes I would check out. I am still waiting for someone to pick up John Reilly. I love him. I also want to see Kelli McCarty, Kathleen Noone, Marianne Muerielle, and the great Bam Bam find roles as well :lol:

• Members

It's funny that you say that because I can see her being the one to stick with the show if it goes internet or something else. I can see her figuring it's a paycheck so why not, because I get the sense that's why she ended up on the show in the first place.

Also: word on the kid playing Endora and Kelli McCarty. Bug-eyed Beth was one of the things I'll always be grateful for, and it'd be cool to see her bugging out on some other show.

• Members

Kelli McCarty actually has her own clothing line for golfers and she has been on various shows. I think she did some Disney Channel stuff too.

I could see Juliet staying with the show on the net too. If the show doesn't end up with a new home or if the new home doesn't work out, then I think broadway and film will be it for her if anything at all.

• Members

:D Most Definitely! A smile came across my face when the announcement of PASSIONS cancellation was made. I just pictured Andrea back as Tina on ONE LIFE. I do feel sorry for you PASSIONS fans and know what it's like to lose a fave soap. I loved SANTA BARBARA until the last year or so, but still watched it when it was cancelled, same goes for RYAN's HOPE, EDGE OF NIGHT, LOVING & THE CITY as well as all of the great primetime soaps of the past. So I know how you guys feel.

I love Kathleen Noone from her days as Ellen on AMC and Claudia on KNOTS LANDING, so I'd like to see her on another show.

I also think Tracey Ross would make a good Lexie, if Renée Jones didn't want to come back when DAYS brings Lexie back, and I think DAYS will do so before the end of the year.

• Members

I hope to GOD it won't be on the Internet! Or wait, no, I meant, I hope to God that, if it goes on, it wouldn't be PAY-PER-VIEW! Yuck! Maybe they could find a way to just air the show on the net with commercials for Garnier Fructis and all the other major "Passions" sponsors, just like it's on TV. Because I really don't see diehard fans paying $.99 per episode of the show. Especially if you're hooked.

Archived