Everyone be honest for once...

Kwing42

• Members

Ok I havent read many of the responses to the original post or the reactions to what has been said in this thread. I don't have a problem with the war in Iraq per say, but I do have a problem with this "War on Terrorism". Dont get me wrong, if we could eliminate terrorism in the world that would be great, but lets be realistic, its an impossible thing. First off, who are we to decide who are terrorists and who are not. A terrorist is someone that scares innocent people and even acts, but not necessarily, against these innocent people. In some places we are the terrorists, therefore fighting this war on terrorism is ridiculous. My second point is that even if we could succeed in getting rid of say Al Quada or another terrorist organization, there will be another one waiting in the wings to step up. Look in Iraq it self, there isn't just one group of "terrorists" fighting it out over there, its many groups of EXTREMISTS, not terrorists.

Now don't get me wrong, I do believe that initially what we did in Iraq, by getting rid of Saddam Hussein was good, but four years later, we still have no exit strategy and we don't seem to be trying to put one together, hell were sending more people in.

Ok Ive said my peace now.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll attempt to answer.

First and foremost, all politicians are liars. Their truth is in focus gropus and polls. However, after the 9/11 attacks, Bush made it clear that anyone who oppossed his mission to invade Iraq was in coalition with the terrorists. It became similar to the Emperor and his new clothes. The praise and agrreance accumulated even as it was evident that such praise was couldn't possibly exist because there were no new threads on display; but only the ego of a man who had to be right at the expense of the intelligence of others.

There was no room to disgree from the rhetoric without beig accused of harboring symathy for a man who ordered the deaths of thousands. So, the Democrats, to my displeasure, folded like chairs. They began to repeat Bush's refrains that Saddam was responsible for 9/11 whe the truth was evident that no such evidence existed to support such claims.

It took our U.S. soldiers dying in vain and the public finally being desensitized from the innumberable dire warnings that the sky was falling for any suppossed threat to be moot. Bush retreated to that well once too ofeten and now it's more dried up than the Sahara.

Many lied to cover themselves, but Bush's misnmoers were the most grievous in my opinion. Hi lies are like a cancerous growth in this country. Saddam is dead, but we're not any safer. That responsibility lies with Bush and his designers of war. he held the gun to everone's head and threatened to shoot!

• Members

As I said, I wanted a mature discussion but too many here can not handle that, so you bet I will respond to that.

Everyone takes the easy route..BLAME the President, when the Congress and almost ALL Dems said the same exact thing he did and said Saddam had WMD's and needed to be removed.

But now that the war has gone the wrong direction so many people were sucked in by the Dems hate brigade that many people quickly forgot they authorized this war, they supported this war until it went bad

So fine, you can blame the President, I will give you that. BUt your hatred should extend to all of the COngree who supported it.

Common sense people....be fair and honest...that is what I asked for and everyone else resorted to baby tactics.

You say I am a fan of the Pres? NO. I disagree with many things he has done, but I have agreed with many as well. I do have family over ther working or serving, I know first hand what they are going through. Do you? Or are you relying on news reports to base your hate?

Obvisouly I was wrong to think that your hatred and one-side politics could be put aside to look at the whole picture, so those who are just as much to blame for the war.

I only recieved the mainly extreme left side here as everyone else seems to not know how to answer the lies of the Dems that voted for the war and their commnets. That says LOADS

FYI--continue to attack. I am done responding and reading this post. No intelligent or meaningful converstation can be achieved in the face of hate.

It is your way or the highway and it is truly sad.

• Members

The truth of the matter is no one here as a response for the Dems who said the same thing as the President and told the same LIES.

It is lookng more and more like the Dems are using death to their advantage with no solution, no ideas and just want to gain political advantage..now that is sad.

• Members

I agree...the Democrats received the same misleading information that the President and his administration received. However, the Democrats have denounced the information and are trying to get us out of Iraq....while the President and his admin. are trying to keep us over there in harm's way.

• Members

And, if that is true, it puts them in lock goosestep with the POTUS, the formerly Republican-led Congress, and the Republican Party, who granted this man 6 years of dictatorial-like power until his handling of this war and domestic issues caused his poll numbers to take a dive faster than Lindsey Lohan's weight.

And, I'm going to say it once more. For someone who says they disagree with the president, I still have yet to read one post stating how you do. And saying that the Dems are using death to their advantage? Question. Who just sent 21,000 more troops into Iraq? Daffy Duck? Superman? How about the Fantastic Four? Your arguments are baseless to me, Kwing42, because you don't want to say that you are a conservative Republican who backs this admin. If you are, that's great. On top of the fact that I may just listen to something you might have to say on politics.

But you have done nothing but blame Dems for this whole thing. Another question. Up until 3 weeks ago, when, in the last 6 years, did Dems have any power at all to do anything about this war or the war in Afganistan? You make it sound as if they were the ones who knew what was going on, and sent the troops over there. Did I not just see, until recently, the majority of the Republican Party kiss this man's entire ass for the last 6 years? And now he's so damn popular with his his party......that Repubs who were running for re-election didn't want him campaigning for them, and they lost both houses of Congress to the same gutless Democrats you keep blaming for this war.

I guess you didn't want to take me up on my offer. Pity, really. I think we could have had an Oprah moment. Oh well. :)

• Members

Great post Roman...and good point. Until January 4th of this year, the Democrats had no power to do anything about this war. They were not in control of Congress, and had not been in 12 years. But who was in control? The Republicans that's who. And they just rubber stamped nearly everything Bush wanted to do.

However, many of them now run at the mere mention of his name, and increasing numbers of them are siding with the Democrats against the war.

Since the Democrats took control of Congress on Jan. 4th, they have been seriously butting heads with The White House concerning the war. And let's don't forget about the upcoming 'vote of no confidence' on the war by the Congres.

Kwing I respect your opinions, and ask you to do the same with those of others.

Perhaps the best thing to do is for all of us to agree to disagree.

I am very patriotic and I wholeheartedly support our troops....but I can not and will not support this war or this President.

• Members

No, you wanted us to suddenly agree with you that Bush good, democrats bad, and the war was justified. You wanted us to lay down our opinions and our anger towards what that man has done to countless innocents, and to the world, and go "Kwing, you're right. Lets not blaim the president. He's a nice man. The state of the war is not his fault."

IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN sweetheart...

Hi, Pot? Meet Kettle. You're black!

• Members

Drew, you're also absolutely right. Kwing, you do seemingly want everyone to agree despite that some of us made concessions that the Dems went long with the Iraq fallasies. Bush doesn't even care that he's been proven blatantly wrong.

Furthermore, I think Bush should be held accountable for being a liar. He needs to be impached, Clinton lied baout getting a blowjob and the Republicans went on a witchhunt as if he risked national security.

• Members

I absolutely, 100% agree with you that Bush needs to be impeached. There is no need for this war. It is killing so many of our troops. Clinton gets impeached because he didn't know what the definatition of sex "is" and got a blow job, which come on, every single president took advantage of. There are reports that Elenor Roosevelt kept her female lover in the White House. Bush needs to be impeached for going on this witchunt. Then he can go to Iraq himself and look for the WMDs.

That is me, being 100% honest. Take it or leave it.

• Members

I agree that Bush needs to be impeached. Before this goes any further, he's gotta go.

Kwing, the Dems could do nothing, and I mean NOTHING until January 4th. They were powerless, and the President and his secret service were the ones who told everyone all this in the first place.

Then next thing we know we're supposed to believe we were going in there to stop Saddam. What about the WMDs??????? Bush lied. No way around it.

Archived