Everyone be honest for once...

Kwing42

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So ya, I came back.

First of all, you are all sadly mistaken. I am not against your view of the war. I know there are many fine Americans who do not understand the need to be at war sometimes or the need for certain wars. Thats fine. I understand that. As Americans, thankfully we have a right to voice that opinion. If we all would talk like mature adults and not make up stories and just try to drag another person down on the mud, things wuold be so much easier here. But with the way politics is these days, you can not be civil and get the work done.

I am not a conservative republican. I am a centrist. I lean more right on some issues and more left on others. But I do not fall under any circumstance to the far left or the far right. To me, those are the ones that have ruined politics in this country.

I do not back the President 100%. I am FOR stem cell research, I am FOR civil unions, I am FOR the war. But against how it was handled.

What I can not stand, and no one seems to understand because they believe I want things my way, which is wrong. I want honesty. And that is not what is being presented here. I showed ACTUAL quotes by leaders, before, during and after the war started, who based their information on intelligence. So is Clinton a liar because he sent missle after missle over to Iraq killing civililans as well? Or no, because none of our soilders were harmed?

I totally agree that the war has gone astray and the President IS responsible for that and for getting this taken care of. And I do have family that are fighting over there and I believe what they tell me LONG before I will believe an internet poster who is basing their information on hatred. So if i disagree with you, I have my reasons, but I am not going to tear you down because you are feeling differently.

There are no grounds for impeachment. That is well, stupid to say. Bush did not create the intelligence. The CIA, etc did that. The UN did that, the WHOLE WORLD played a part in that. Are we impeaching them? Can we impeach Clinton because he bombed the hell out of them for the WMD's that were there when he was in office, but later turned out...they did not have any.

How many Dems agree that Saddam had to go? Just about all of them. They still believe that even with the war going as it has.

I just hate the hatred. You can not be mature and discuss, you have to accuse, lie and demean. I just do not understand it.

Bush, Clinton (both of them) the Dems, the Repubs, the WORLD...had the same information for ALL the sources, not just ours , and they all said the same thing.

That is not Bushes fault is the point I am getting at.

Now, really. I will not return, because everyone who posts is just an angry person who only wants to hear what they believe. I think my post made it clear I look at the facts, not the hate.

I have my misgivings about the war. But like you...you can support the troops and not the war (although I will say my brother who is there says most of the military view the anti war people as idiots who do not care for freedom and democracy) and if you feel you can support them and not the war, I can support the war, but not all the decisions that went into it.

And thanks Q-steph...yes I am a guy! And Shawn...free speech baby. I am allowed here too even though the haters took my post and ruined it! And Drew, I was not going to come back, so why ask me things. I only did because I was bored. lol

I am not saying I am right or wrong. I am going by my gut and my feelings of how the facts have been presented. I do not call someone a murderer for doing what they think will protect us. Thats insane. Clinton murdered how many in Iraq then???

And I did not say the Dems were good or bad. I said they looked at the same intelligence the world did and were all gung ho about this war.

But when the war went bad, they backed away and all of a sudden the President was a liar. Ya thats not odd is it?!

• Members

Wow surprising article, considering the Dems liked or are willing to work on several ideas that were pitched on Tuesday.

But regardless, this thread was about all the Dems that told that "same lie" that the President is accused of telling, even before he was President. If you want to start a SOTU thread, you are more than welcome too? And besides, if you can not get your article from a reputible news source, it is better to not post, I would assume. Stick to CNN, MSNBC, FOX, CNBC or national newspapers. Getting an article from a website that only has an agenda...thats pretty sad bro!

But stick to the topic, please?

• Members

It's not sad....it's the truth. There is overwhelming disapproval to Bush's Iraq agenda by the American people. Even Republicans are turning on him at this point. Doesn't matter what site this article came from, they would all say nearly the exact same thing.

• Members

Ok. Let me say this once more. I, personally, gave you the fact that the Dems agreed with and/or lied about the faulty intel. that led up to the current Republican-led clusterfuck we're involved in now. I have said, on more than one occasion, that I feel both parties have members who are full of crap and need to not be in any publicly elected office.

But now....to say that the POTUS and the VPOTUS were accused of a lie and or/cover-up of evidence and facts......excuse me, but are we watching the same news reports? Or are you watching Fox News while I stick to MSNBC? Why is it that, even though some members have given you the Democratic point you keep making, that you refuse to do the same with the Repulicans? Or Bush? Cheney? Rice? Powell? I just don't see that from a person who calls themselves middle of the road.

And.....I will always get my reporting from MSNBC. I used to watch CNN, but now they have completely lost their identity, and Fox News makes my apartment lean to the right every time I stop on it. Kinda like the bad guys' lair from Batman. So, I'm sorry that I can't accomedate you on that.

But, it's getting old saying that the Dems lied but Bush and Co. didn't. Or, the Dems lied first, that makes them 10,000 times more in the wrong than the POTUS and his criminal elite. Because, by that logic, if someone lied before you did on anything, but you lied as well, you shouldn't get in any trouble or be exonerated because the first person told the same lie first.

Ok. I see. :)

Archived