In The Zone Radio: 2007

• Members

Topics for Tonight Include:

-More regarding the Cady McClain story

-Possible Call-In from Roger Newcomb on his opinion on the state of daytime dramas

-Possible Call-in from juniorz1 (Greg) about his New BlogTalkRadio show

-Open Discussion: Are soaps able to be saved?

Show starts at 10PM Eastern Time

Call-In: 347-996-5978

Homepage: In the Zone

AIM: inthezoneradio

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LoL @ whoever said that NBC should rename themselves MCNBC2.

I so agree.

If I want news, I'll watch the news channels.

I tune into the regular networks (ABC/CBS/NBC) for dramas, comedies, etc. Creative televison 'story' shows. Not the [!@#$%^&*] news... especially 4 hours straight of it! How many different ways can they read the same news story without it getting old? Fuckwads.

• Members

Chances are pretty good, but either way... if/when Days ends up on another network, the show AS WE KNOW IT is gone. It might continue on with the same name, but at the end of the day, it will be a much different soap than the one we've always known it to be.

Either way, Days (as we know it) is done in 2009. And I'm not sure I'm interested in following it to another network to watch it be re-tooled with a new identity... UNLESS it's CBS. ABC is a no-no. Unfortunately, ABC is the network most likely to take it.

• Members

I agree with the sentiment that Days can't survive on NBC as the lone soap.

With Passions, at least there's another soap audience watching that can see the daily Days promo that airs. That's a way for Days to lure other soap viewers. When Passions goes, all their viewers will go, too. From that point, Days promos won't have a fertile soap audience to try to lure, because the soap audience (aside from those already watching Days) will be gone.

• Members

Oh, and I also have to comment on Jeff Zucker's comments regarding Days future after 2009.

First, he sealed the show's fate by saying that. Why would any new viewers bother tuning into Days if they know that the network is about to cancel it? And why would affiliates keep it on their lineup if they know it's getting the axe? I wouldn't be surprised if some affiliates dropped it completely or started airing it overnight.

Not to mention, the probability of Hogan getting any past fan-favorites to return is now quite improbable. Nobody's going to return to a show that they know is a sinking ship... there would be no point.

It's amazing what damage seven little words can do. Jeff Zucker has forced the show to fail.

• Members

I wish there was sports talk more often, I have to have my DAYS fix and sports fix on a daily basis. Just to promote Mondays women's basketball game between #1 Duke against #4 UT(where I attend school) will be on ESPN or ESPN2 at 7 pm., with 24,000 screaming fans. I will definitely be somewhere in the student section yelling my head off. I might wear a black wig so I can get on TV, not sure yet. In TN women's basketball is HUGE and actually outdraws the Nashville Predators who are in first place in the entire NHL currently.

Archived