In The Zone Radio: 2007

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched Passions today, and Fancy was attacked again. Laying on her bed, the attacker was straddled over her body, punching her in the face and holding her down.

Y'know, I'm all for gritty drama. The more realistic, the better... even if it's painful to watch. And in real life, there are brutal rapes. However, they're not showing the parts of the story that they should be showing for an issue that's so sensitive. Rather than it being a story about a rape and how Fancy is dealing with it inside (feeling violated, used, etc.) it's only being used as a plot point. The focus of the story is "who's the mystery attacker?!" rather than Fancy and her dealing with what's happened to her. And as a way to keep viewers 'on the edge of their seats' and wondering about the identity of the attacker, JER has had Fancy attacked day after day after day after day, while the focus continues to be on all the wrong things. Meanwhile, all the other characters involved believe that Fancy is going crazy or lying, and everytime she starts to doze off to sleep (in the same bedroom, mind you... I'd have chosen a new room to sleep in LONG ago!) she's attacked again. It's past the point of ridiculous and now it's just offensive. It's being played now as more of BDSM fetish than an attack/rape scene. And nobody will ever convince me that JER doesn't have some strange sexual fetishes, because he has a wild obsession with having people raped or sleeping with each other when they're not in their right mind. On today's episode alone, we had Fancy attacked and punched repeatedly square in her face while being held down on her bed and Theresa/Ethan having sex when they weren't in their right states of mind. He did it on Days all the time as well... John/Susan, Sami/Austin, Carrie/Lucas (round one), Bo/Billie, Shawn/Belle... the list goes on. What's his obsession with characters having sex when they're either drugged or hallucinating? And what's his obsession with RAPE?

Fancy getting PUNCHED in the face today was the last straw. It went from borderline insane to just flat out unacceptable.

Archived