The Best Caroline Leigh Benson Corinthos

• Members

Ok far best was Sarah Joy Brown. She will always be the Carly for me.

The worst for me was Tamara Braun. I swear if she shrieked one more time when she did a crying scene I was going to go threw the tv and shake the living mess out of her.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1) Sarah Brown, the original and best.

2) Laura Wright comes very close to Brown

3) Tamara Braun. I thought she was great as Carly too, but Wright has outdone her in the role IMHo.

4) Jennifer Bransfod, I agree with you antiNWO, why on Earth was this woman ever cast as Carly. She plays crazy good and that's it. She basically played Carly like the ONE LIFE character she played, the horrible Georgie Phillips.

• Members

This is my favorite soap character and its most disappoitning to see the collaspe of Carly.

Sarah Brown is Carly.

The others are nice actresses but not only were they not Sarah, but they weren't the character of Carly. The real Carly left when she met Sonny. So, that's why I don't watch anymore.

Liz

• Members

Thanks, baby! I don't need to say another word... Well, that's a lie. I do have to say that I only think there were two Carlys. Jenny Bransford was thrown under the bus, and I don't have an effing clue who Laura Wright is playing. Screeching, shrieking, talking seventy-five words a second, tossing that skunky mane -- talk about a living night MARE! Ugh! :rolleyes:

Sarah Brown is the one and only Carly, for me. She burned the doors down. If it wasn't for her and her dynamic creation and portrayl of Caroline Benson, this horrendously miscast Laura Wright woman would still be in Zimmer's shadow as she chewed up the scenery on Guiding Light.

• Members

I have to say I like Laura Wright. I think she's a great gal, she's gorgeous seems like she's a lot of fun. But I just hate hearing her screeching all the time. If she could just tone it down sometimes, my goodness. I really don't hold a lot against her but I can't decide if she is playing Carly as an ignorant as hell character or is it the writing. Because some of Carly's rationalizations are, quite frankly, retarded.

I didn't get to watch all the Carlys for as long a period as Laura, but I will say I just love every clip I see of Sarah Joy, she was hard, but you got her, you understood. I think Tamara Braun was good too, I think she played the mob wife role really well. I didn't think Jennifer Brunsford was as terrible as people thought, but when I saw her, she was in the depths of the insanity and thats uncomfortable to watch. Hell, she along with Sam (told you all, I liked her initially because I thought she was gangsta, still WANT to like her) got me watching full time because I watched her break a bottle on the ground and attack Reese. I though, "Ooh, this is one Ghetto as hell soap opera. I need to tune in!" :lol:

• Members

Love it Cheap!

Sarah Brown is Carly. I just loved how she flared those nostrils. She rocked the house as Carly and no one holds a candle to her

Laura Wright because I hated Tamara Braun, then Jennifer Bransford. She could have been better if she wasn't thrown into a huge storyline right away and shoved down our throats. If she was eased in, I think she would have been accepted more easily

• Members

Sarah Brown is the one true Carly. She did not just originate the role, she embodied it and even helped in the writing and conception of the character.

Rating the Carly recasts, though, I'd have to go with Tamara Braun first, just because there was something about the actress that I liked. Obviously this is a personal choice, LOL. She made Carly more mature, more relatable in some ways. As a mother of two, it was time for Carly to evolve anyway.

Then I'd pick Jennifer Bransford, who IMO wasn't given enough time to settle into the character. I admit, I hated her at first. But that scene where she and Sam get into it at the bar (see Cheap's last banner), for some reason, JB really won me over. And I liked Sam then!

Lastly, I'd go with Laura Wright. It's like she's got "Look!! I'm ACTING!!" stamped on her forehead. Not even acting, just a parody of some of Sarah Brown's mannerisms with a little "Cassie" thrown in. Every other line is either a shout or a sneer. None of the vulnerability the other three actresses had is even there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

January 2007 was a great month for Laura Wright. She consistently hit the material she was given out of the park. You can tell that Michele Val Jean & Mary Sue Price (GH's best scriptwriters who should be promoted to head & co-head writer, respectively) love writing for Carly. Wright is fully engaged in the role as Carly & has great chemistry with virtually everyone she shares a scene with. It's as if Wright was born to play Carly. Thank goodness she bailed on the sinking ship that is GL. And yes, I firmly believe that GL is unsalvagable; TPTB & so-called fans destroyed it. The GH team challenges her, forces her to use her true acting abilities & that in turn has revealed the great actress that she is. Who knew with all those years as Cassie (aka the woman in Zimmer's shadow) on GL that Wright was a great actress? I just wish that more actors/actresses were challenged the way Wright is. Wright is currently one of daytime's 10 best actors/actresses. Can't wait to see how things turn out in February & beyond. :D

"Jenny Bransford was thrown under the bus." No, Bransford was horribly miscast as Carly, even though the writing was poor, plain & simple.

"The real Carly left when she met Sonny." "I don't have an effing clue who Laura Wright is playing." No, the real Carly returned & has evolved like most humans do as evidenced by Wright's amazing portrayal with a fine & delicate balance of hardness & vulnerability.

"..this horrendously miscast Laura Wright woman would still be in Zimmer's shadow as she chewed up the scenery on (GL)." Wright had outgrown her role as Cassie. The oppurtunity arose for her to reach new heights when Bransford was thankfully fired & she agreed to play Carly after turning the role down originally.

"...Wright is too clearly influenced by Zimmer's overpowering performances and is trying to emulate her on GH." Well, Wright has outshined the over-rated Zimmer since joining GH in Nov 05.

• Members

LAURA WRIGHT!!! I love Laura from her days on GL!!! She has really stepped into this role and made it her own!!!

Sarah Brown is amazing!!

Tamara Braun Overrated, but a good actress.

I liked Jen Bransford too!! I think she would be good on some other soap!!

Archived